Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mickyblueeyes

Liam Moore

This the athletic interview. Great read. Must have been so bizarre as a fan it was immense as a player great, but to be round it for 6 months and play no part. I can't imagine how hard that must have been.

• Like 1

Wanted Moore to succeed, but just wasn't quite up to it in the Prem. The final straw for me was Villa away during that rotten run in the first season up - got a lucky break to go 1-0 up. Within 5 minutes Moore had lost his man from a set piece and bang, 1-1 and went on to lose. Rather gave up on him after that.

Doubt he would have got the minutes for a medal anyway. 

Wasilewski didn't even qualify for one if I remember correctly. Huth and Morgan were relentless.

He had a starting birth with us in both the promotion season and then again in the first PL season and ended up losing his place in both around Christmas. 

Just not good enough unfortunately.

Edited by Stevosevic

Guest Fktf
1 hour ago, Stevosevic said:

Doubt he would have got the minutes for a medal anyway. 

Wasilewski didn't even qualify for one if I remember correctly. Huth and Morgan were relentless.

He had a starting birth with us in both the promotion season and then again in the first PL season and ended up losing his place in both around Christmas. 

Just not good enough unfortunately.

He'd have probably come on at arsenal when Simpson was sent off instead of Wasyl, which would have completely changed some of my memories of that season. 

We played arsenal on the 14th Feb, and my overly romantic (Polish) missus was angry I was watching football on valentines day. She was even more angry when the halfwits on social media were sending Wasyl abuse ('death threats' as my missus put it) for conceding that last minute free kick. He was one of the only reasons she ever really paid any attention to the football.

So she kept bringing this up during dinner, saying how fans were overreacting, to the point I snapped and said he deserved some stick as he might have cost us the only title I'd ever see (I was proper nervous all season and only really started to believe we'd win it when spurs drew with West brom much later on). Then, of course, I was overreacting too.. 

As is her way, she decided to try and prove me wrong. She opened a betting account and put a tenner on us winning a league. She got us at 80-1, which would have been a nice additional bonus to us winning the prem. But you maybe wondering why I just 'a league'. She dropped the news that she'd made this bet after the trophy lift, but said she couldn't work out how to collect her winnings. On logging on to her account, I found she'd actually bet on us winning the champions league the following season.. 

24 minutes ago, shailen said:

He looked good at championship level but maybe played in the Premier league too early on, as he never looked comfortable in the 14/15 season. The need to sign Huth was an absolute must then and thankfully we were able to. 

...totally agree!!!!

The fact that Pearson dropped him, in the way he did, just seem to have pointed the blame on Liam and as a young lad, said to have a potential stellar career, it must have been difficult for him to take.

The fact that he chose to go out and get regular game time, to work his way back, was a good choice, even though the circumstances surrounding the League challenge would have been difficult at the time. I really expected him to have come back strong and prove that we should have kept hold of him but at 27 years old, he is just about to hit his prime so it is not likely we will see him in the Premiership any time soon.

As an aside, it would be good if a player could be honest with his manager to say he is not mentally right to play a game and that manager takes it on board to support his team and put players who are mentally prepared so as not to jeopardise his own team.

we met him after the Doncaster game (trophy presentation) when my son and I managed to gate crash one of the boxes (had some friends up there) and we met Liam Moore as we were leaving. Nice lad, he took time to speak to my son and let him wear his Championship medal!

I always thought he was the sort of player who had all the basics, but not reliable enough to build your defence around.

I'm too tired to remember who he would've played most of his games alongside. If he'd played alongside someone like Jonny Evans I imagine it would've helped his development and taken some of the pressure off him

9 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

He wasnt even a lifelong leicester fan. He supported Arsenal.

I was a Liverpool fan as a young kid until I realised when I was about 15/16 that LCFC meant more to me than anything else.

Liam cares about Leicester a lot.

51 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I can remember him scoring (can't remember the opposition) and you could tell how much it meant to him. I think he kicked a hole in an advertising board during the celebration lol

Been at some of his games since he left, spoke afterwards and he would ask how Leicester had got on.

He cares.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I was a Liverpool fan as a young kid until I realised when it was about 15/16 that LCFC meant more to me than anything else.

Amazing how changing one word in a sentence can totally distort an honest statement.

So disappointed in you Geoff...... :P

• Haha 2

I think he needed more games in the Premier League as I think he would grew in time, but as he says the loan spell to Bristol City finished him off. Who knows what's still install for, Pearson's now in charge of Watford, who says he won't reunite with his old gaffer. 

I think he was a little bit unlucky with his timing really but it is worth pointing out he started in the team something like three years running and in all three ended up replaced. I think he was always probably that bit short of being good enough.

Isn't he meant to be on quite good money at Reading? Total side note but I saw their wage bill was absurd and he was one of the higher earners.

Liam had a habit of dropping off the defensive line ..... you get away with that at championship level but in the prem, the movement of players is just too quick and clever .......   chilly displayed the same problem at times but has been coached out of it (mostly).

i expect if Pearson thought he could coach it out of Liam and he was prepared to stay as third reserve then he may have developed further. I would have thought that the defensive nouse of Claudio would have been good for him to have been around. 

as others have said, he may mature into a decent CB if he is intelligent enough ......