Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
spacemunky

Ashes Cricket

I searched the forum for this, but came up empty.

This is on sale for $16Cdn(umm... 10£?) on PSN. 

Just wondering if anyone has it or played it? I don't know the sport that well, but it looks pretty decent and the reviews are mostly positive.

Played my first match as Nottinghamshire against New South Wales.

I never got to bat after like 40 minutes.

They were something like 0/99 and 20.1 something.

I finally conceded, since it felt like they were dominating me.

Hopefully next game I will get to bat :)

It's definitely the best effort at a simulation of the sport which is obviously an extremely complex one to translate to games.

Well, it was the best but a newer version is out called Cricket 19. Shame this guys don't have a bigger budget as that would really help with graphics, polish and picking up on bugs.

2 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

It's definitely the best effort at a simulation of the sport which is obviously an extremely complex one to translate to games.

Well, it was the best but a newer version is out called Cricket 19. Shame this guys don't have a bigger budget as that would really help with graphics, polish and picking up on bugs.

Cricket 19 was also on sale, but was double the price of Ashes.

Considering I have no idea how to play, I didnt want to spend that much lol

I'm enjoying this so far. I have it on the easiest difficulty until I get the hang of the game. I still haven't figured out the scoring or when you change over from batting to fielding.

I was actually thinking of taking in a match here, if I can find one.

• 1 month later...
On 01/07/2020 at 20:50, RonnieTodger said:

Just started Cricket 19, really enjoying it. 

I got it a couple of weeks ago. Started a career and hated it at first, really was a slow burner. 

Now I'm addicted to it! Haven't even tried the other modes yet. Being an all rounder I've found it much easier getting bowling ability points than batting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deejdeej said:

I got it a couple of weeks ago. Started a career and hated it at first, really was a slow burner. 

Now I'm addicted to it! Haven't even tried the other modes yet. Being an all rounder I've found it much easier getting bowling ability points than batting.

Great isn’t it!

Ive been doing a World Cup with england but on career mode I’m in my second season with Coalville lol I agree though, I found career so boring at first.

• Like 1

On 01/09/2020 at 20:31, RonnieTodger said:

Great isn’t it!

Ive been doing a World Cup with england but on career mode I’m in my second season with Coalville lol I agree though, I found career so boring at first.

I've just got into some Aussie league, I'm absolutely terrible against the short ball though :thumbdown:

• Haha 1