Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

Sky sports 3 now

3 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

It's probably not cool to admit it but I often recall the really bad moments in our history when we have an off game or month to try and keep the current state of things in perspective.

I find it harder to accept when this team lets itself down.  For instance the capitulation last season stings even now because I know that we're much better than that.

When we were rubbish I had much lower expectations and could accept it more easily because, well... I knew we were rubbish.

• Like 1

Was physically exhausted after that game. I dont remember another that left me feeling so empty. 

The team was an ageing bunch of mercenaries but watching it again how much work did Stevie Howard get through!?. But watching this shows how far we have come since and how much we owe Nigel Pearson for where we are today.

Edited by wokinghamfox

13 hours ago, Koke said:

10 years since this  debacle.

That squad overachieved. We had a lot of grafters who were very limited footballers. I love Steve Howard but he didn't belong to a top 6 side. Neither did Alex Bruce, Bruno Berner etc.

so funny we used to talk about top 6 of the championship, mad how much we have grown as a football club

19 hours ago, Koke said:

10 years since this  debacle.

That squad overachieved. We had a lot of grafters who were very limited footballers. I love Steve Howard but he didn't belong to a top 6 side. Neither did Alex Bruce, Bruno Berner etc.

Shows how good of a job Pearson did. That squad was never a top 6 squad (mind you, Blackpool's wasn't either), he massively overrachieved with us that season. And what a season though.

The Championship was strong that season. If I recall us, Blackpool, Forest, Sheffield Utd, WBA, Newcastle, Cardiff etc were all decent sides.

I did catch a bit of this last night. Howard was brilliant.

I'll not say a bad word about that crop of players. 2008-2010 they delivered success for us as did the management team.

We did have some good footballers in that squad though. Oakley, Wellens, Berner, Solano, Fryatt were all good players on top of their hardwork.

Edited by Fox92