Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

Sky sports 3 now

10 years since this  debacle.

That squad overachieved. We had a lot of grafters who were very limited footballers. I love Steve Howard but he didn't belong to a top 6 side. Neither did Alex Bruce, Bruno Berner etc.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Koke said:

10 years since this  debacle.

That squad overachieved. We had a lot of grafters who were very limited footballers. I love Steve Howard but he didn't belong to a top 6 side. Neither did Alex Bruce, Bruno Berner etc.

Don't slander Bruno.

We did route one batter them that night tho. And it nearly worked.

Was a great night. Apart from the ending I'm gonna record it Saturday and make my lad watch it.

Plus I can spot myself at the back with a st George's tshit on. Maybe not the wisest choice that evening.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peckfortonfox said:

Currently battering them, can’t see us losing from here 

D3250D2B-3F37-4AC2-B9BA-6247DBBDDD19.jpeg

I had a dream last night we'd win on penalties with Kermo slotting it to the corner with pace to send the keeper the wrong way. Here's hoping in case they score!

22 minutes ago, Kingleicester said:

Man this was truly heart breaking, i have said before on a number of threads, this is the most gutted I felt after any football game 

Pearson was as well. You could see the pain in his face during the post match Sky interview. Perhaps he knew that he was going with the new owners coming in. 

Steve Howard did batter them all night.  If VAR had existed back then we would have won.  Chopra was miles offside and I dont think Bruce touched him for the penalty.  Hated Kermogant forever after that penalty.  Didnt get back home until 6am in the morning either.  Phoned in sick for work too.  Gutted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

I actually thought that Berner was the best left back we’d ever had at the time (that’s if we’re calling Guppy a wing back). Long forgotten now we’ve been spoilt by Fuchs and Chilwell.

Mind you I was brought up on the likes of Tony Spearing and Mike Whitlow. 

Spoilt by Chilwell 😃

Dont you see the difference between the quality of Ricardo and Castange as opposed to what Chilwell dished up last season.

Ill repeat again, he couldn’t defend and had virtually no end product.

Chilwell must be the footballer equivalent of the emperor’s new clothes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Spoilt by Chilwell 😃

Dont you see the difference between the quality of Ricardo and Castange as opposed to what Chilwell dished up last season.

Ill repeat again, he couldn’t defend and had virtually no end product.

Chilwell must be the footballer equivalent of the emperor’s new clothes. 

You miss @Jobyfox point.

Spoilt by Chilwell and Fuchs in comparison to Berner, Whitlow & Spearing.

Was a sickner how it finished but after a number of low points was our best season in about a decade. Even losing out there was lots to be proud of in the second leg performance.

Felt it was a year too soon for us anyway. Took a year or 2 longer to make it back but it was well worth it given where we are now.

I'll always look back at 08-10 with great fondness. It set us up for better days and then some. 

Edited by Blue ROI
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

It's probably not cool to admit it but I often recall the really bad moments in our history when we have an off game or month to try and keep the current state of things in perspective.

Realistic appreciation of our position now compared to then,  it's no bad thing.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Don't slander Bruno.

We did route one batter them that night tho. And it nearly worked.

Was a great night. Apart from the ending I'm gonna record it Saturday and make my lad watch it.

Plus I can spot myself at the back with a st George's tshit on. Maybe not the wisest choice that evening.

When i came back for games, knowing i would be going to most on my own, I made sure i took great care to not show colours and be careful as i walked to grounds.

Included in my cunning plan was buying a big managers jacket (is that what they are called?) so i could keep warm and hide scarf etc, when i arrived in the UK i managed to snap up a second hand Umbro England one.

So clever i thought.. until I jumped out of the car and began head down strolling to a Cardiff game. As i got closer to the ground, some wonderfully "informative" Cardiff fans explained the fault with my England jacket and pretty much everything English.... fortunately, throwing on a very broad "Gday mate" Aussie accent... was enough to lessen the feelings.

lol

• Like 1