Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SIRFOOT

our crap fans! sorry but its true

Are we there to support the team, or taunt the opposition fans?

a bit of both :D

fair point about other grounds but they also have years of tradition at those grounds so the people who make the noise know thats where they go. at filbo there weren't too many families in pens 1 & 2 were there. it wasn't a written rule, just how it was.

unfortunatley the new ground is just too PC.

a bit of both :D

fair point about other grounds but they also have years of tradition at those grounds so the people who make the noise know thats where they go. at filbo there weren't too many families in pens 1 & 2 were there. it wasn't a written rule, just how it was.

unfortunatley the new ground is just too PC.

Not really, we could have started a new tradition where the away fans come in and opposite them, almost in their faces as you like, are 5,000 fans, instead of having 1,500 packed in right next to you.

As for families, the kids are the fans of the future. If we don't teach them the songs, they'll never learn them. I sometimes take my niece to games, and we teach it the words, but obviously not all of them! It loves 'Leicester Til I Die' and 'We Hate Nottingham Forest', and It quite often starts singing them spontaneously, on Its own! lol It says It hates it when we don't sing, but at least the child has the right attitude!

In my opinion I think that fans expect to much of the club, it's about time the fans did something.

Everyones moaning about the Kop being full of kids and old people, os why not leave?

Us lot at the top of L1 get a great atmosphere going most games, we get behing the team whilst having a laugh with the away support. I think it would be great if all the singers all came over to L1 and made the whole of the section class instead of just the back couple of rows.

Hull's vocal fans were all in one section next to the away end at their place and they were a good bunch of fans,it was similar to L1 but more people. IMO we should have made L1 'our' place as soon as we moved. If only all the old school Kopers would have settled in L1 and not the new kop I think that now the atmosphere would be awsome.

The switching of stands, and safe standing ideas are a bit pie in the sky, so we have to do something ourself, rather than just moaning!

Not really, we could have started a new tradition where the away fans come in and opposite them, almost in their faces as you like, are 5,000 fans, instead of having 1,500 packed in right next to you.

As for families, the kids are the fans of the future. If we don't teach them the songs, they'll never learn them. I sometimes take my niece to games, and we teach it the words, but obviously not all of them! It loves 'Leicester Til I Die' and 'We Hate Nottingham Forest', and It quite often starts singing them spontaneously, on Its own! lol It says It hates it when we don't sing, but at least the child has the right attitude!

cant really agree that we'd be in their faces, what with the length of a pitch between us un'all!!

agreed kids are the future of the club, take them, sit them anywhere bar the kop and L1 and teach them the songs in the car.

its a bit embarrassing hearing voices as high pitched as a dog whistle shout 'come on leicester'.

also whats with the 'it'?! surely you mean 'her'? lol

and teeno, agree with ya, although it would be better if 'our' place was still thekop. a lot of people prefer being behind a goal, its 'our end' then.

its a bit embarrassing hearing voices as high pitched as a dog whistle shout 'come on leicester'.

also whats with the 'it'?! surely you mean 'her'? lol

You haven't met 'It'!! lol

Whilst kids are annoying, seeing one ranting at a ref, or another player, like an adult is quite amusing. Aged only 4 at the time, my niece was prepared to go over to the linesman and tell him he was blind, wasn't paying attention to the game, and could he stop waving his flag so the man in black wouldn't keep giving the reds the ball to kick away! All without the hint of a dog whistle! lol

I remember the first half of the first game back in the Prem, ironically against Saints, two and a bit years ago. The atmo when the teams came out wasn't far off the noise when we got back to 3-3 vs Swindon in THAT play off final. It was a whole ground noise, and I remember how great it felt. I also remember how well Sir Les played for 45 minutes and thinking can he really be playing for us.

It can and will happen at WS. The earlier post about the atmo when we beat Forest and all but secured promo was similarly awesome, but I also remember about a month before that when we struggled to draw 1-1 with Sheff Weds and everyone immediately got depressed and edgy.

I've said this before, but that 15 minutes before Maybury scored against Wolves earlier this year, and the 20 minutes before we scored against Blackburn in Nov 2003 (won 2-0 in the end - Howey!) are just two examples of when our fans, imho, have as as good as scored goals for us.

If you lads who go in the kop can get the clapping and singing going, then us middle aged farts who take the kids and sit in the other bits will follow. My 9 year old gets really cross with me if I don't clap and sign with him.

For the most part our fans are great, but experiencing a bit of a crisis of confidence just now. Although we're clearly playing pretty dull football just now, the defence IS tighter, and that is a very good basis from which to work. We're clearly not good enough for promo this term, but I for one am hopeful for the future.

In my opinion I think that fans expect to much of the club, it's about time the fans did something.

Everyones moaning about the Kop being full of kids and old people, os why not leave?

Us lot at the top of L1 get a great atmosphere going most games, we get behing the team whilst having a laugh with the away support. I think it would be great if all the singers all came over to L1 and made the whole of the section class instead of just the back couple of rows.

Hull's vocal fans were all in one section next to the away end at their place and they were a good bunch of fans,it was similar to L1 but more people. IMO we should have made L1 'our' place as soon as we moved. If only all the old school Kopers would have settled in L1 and not the new kop I think that now the atmosphere would be awsome.

The switching of stands, and safe standing ideas are a bit pie in the sky, so we have to do something ourself, rather than just moaning!

agree with everything u said.. like hull and like derby they have singers next to the away fans like L1 but more people and it looks gret :thumbup::thumbup:

When the games are on its 11pm at night here.

I have being out and had a BBQ, being down the pub several hours and get back to listen to radio 5 live.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN LCFC FANS ARE NOT SINGING!!!

My neighbours hate it on a Saturday night when I get back from the pub singing

"There's only ONE Leicester City

ONE Leicester City

There's only ONE Leicester City

ONE Leicester City"

Non stop until I fall a sleep and wake up at 3am in the morning, on the couch, fast a sleep and missed the classified results.

I know it makes a difference, I shout all the way down the River Swan and it goes out over the many seas and drifts up the River Soar in to the Walkers. The problem is that by the time it gets there its normally Monday of the next week, but I guess its the thought that counts.

COME ON GUYS SING FOR THE CITY!

MadMick

i'd move to my ST to L1 at the back next season if i knew there would be 2 seats around the area for me and a mate. but how can i guarantee it?

Something got to be done soon it's only going to get worse!

Would it work if the club put microphones in the cop and relay it to the rest of the supporters along with moving the away support closer to the cop?

just a thought! getting desperate!!!! :(:(

Or you could open your mouth and sing.

i'd move to my ST to L1 at the back next season if i knew there would be 2 seats around the area for me and a mate. but how can i guarantee it?

You could try it now, and pay that little bit extra? :ermm:

Swapping the Kop with the North Stand has been raised at several meetings, and it is the SAG that will not allow this.

Well why not?

It seems a reasonable idea to me.

Maybe the meeting on 17th November (which I hope as many forum members as possible will attend) can look at this further.

Well why not?

It seems a reasonable idea to me.

Maybe the meeting on 17th November (which I hope as many forum members as possible will attend) can look at this further.

Maybe SAG aren't reasonably people, on the other hand the thought of having L1 Mark 2 the other side of the away supporters might have them thinking we've got enough trouble as it is.

Logistically and people wise it would also be controversial with fans in the KOP and the Family enclosure not wanting to move.

Having said that if they can get SAG to agree to it then by the 'manipulation' of the crowd through price structures / incentives and some unreserved seating it could probably work.

E.G

1. Family enclosure to become the 'New' Kop, with adults only and no concessions, except members and match specials plus unreserved seating, even for STHs.
  2. KOP to become the 'New' family enclosure with minimal costs for all under 16's and other concessions.
  3. Reduce the cost of the West Stand and increase the cost of the East stand, bringing them closer together price wise plus concessions to be less generous than the 'New' Kop. This would hopefull encourage L1 ers into the 'New' Kop

No concessions in the 'New' Kop would ensure the vocal majority were attracted to this area and exclude those most offended by 'football banter' ; Unreserved seating would allow none STH's to sit with mates who are STH's, it would also encourage earlier attendance, to get the best seats/seats together thus providing an opportunity to build up a bit of an atmosphere before the game.

Of course this approach could also work if the Kop stayed where it is.

but are there 2 spare seats to be sat in by STH? or is it rammed every game.

If you go to the ticket office, or phone them, they should be able to tell you. I think I read that they were doing free upgrades or something.

Maybe SAG aren't reasonably people, on the other hand the thought of having L1 Mark 2 the other side of the away supporters might have them thinking we've got enough trouble as it is.

Logistically and people wise it would also be controversial with fans in the KOP and the Family enclosure not wanting to move.

Having said that if they can get SAG to agree to it then by the 'manipulation' of the crowd through price structures / incentives and some unreserved seating it could probably work.

E.G

1. Family enclosure to become the 'New' Kop, with adults only and no concessions, except members and match specials plus unreserved seating, even for STHs.
  2. KOP to become the 'New' family enclosure with minimal costs for all under 16's and other concessions.
  3. Reduce the cost of the West Stand and increase the cost of the East stand, bringing them closer together price wise plus concessions to be less generous than the 'New' Kop. This would hopefull encourage L1 ers into the 'New' Kop

No concessions in the 'New' Kop would ensure the vocal majority were attracted to this area and exclude those most offended by 'football banter' ; Unreserved seating would allow none STH's to sit with mates who are STH's, it would also encourage earlier attendance, to get the best seats/seats together thus providing an opportunity to build up a bit of an atmosphere before the game.

Of course this approach could also work if the Kop stayed where it is.

Unreserved seating has been discussed. Apparently they have to reduce the capacity of the stand affected, because of 'migration' from other areas, whereas with seat numbers, there is less of a problem as if you went to your seat and someone else was in it, you'd have your ticket to prove it was yours etc.

Obviously this is not a problem at the moment, but if we drew one of the biggies at home in the FA Cup say, they wouldn't want to lose out on revenue.

Before anyone has a go at me, it's not my excuse.

How do you know I don't????????

If you do, then good for you. You're doing your bit. If you're not then you can't really complain. I'm sure you do it's just that if people don't sing, there won't be a good atmosphere. My Grandpa is 75 and he sings louder than most around us.

Unreserved seating has been discussed. Apparently they have to reduce the capacity of the stand affected, because of 'migration' from other areas, whereas with seat numbers, there is less of a problem as if you went to your seat and someone else was in it, you'd have your ticket to prove it was yours etc.

Before anyone has a go at me, it's not my excuse.

But we managed with unreserved seating in the old Kop at Filbert Street for several years.

There's no real logistical reason why it couldn't be reintroduced.

If you do, then good for you. You're doing your bit. If you're not then you can't really complain. I'm sure you do it's just that if people don't sing, there won't be a good atmosphere. My Grandpa is 75 and he sings louder than most around us.

i've lost count of the times i've tried to start summat but been on my own

But we managed with unreserved seating in the old Kop at Filbert Street for several years.

There's no real logistical reason why it couldn't be reintroduced.

yes but the kop at filbo was a separate structure to the rest of the ground

Archived