Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Haydos

Among Us

Only recently downloaded it and love it. What a great game to kill 10 mins on the toilet lol.

Just love how sneaky you can be as the impostor. Even if someone sees you vent you can bluff your way out of it by just saying they vented. Causes real confusion

Just find it annoying when people leave the game. Or just ruin it by saying to vote for themselves etc. Some right weirdos play the game

10 hours ago, st albans fox said:

My 9 and 12 year old have been playing it for weeks - I didn’t realise it was for grown ups too! 

It's an unmoderated title so people can and do say whatever they like and if you play with random members of the public every other game you'll get someone encouraging players to share their social media details.  Not the best game to be showing off that your kids play but you're too adult to understand.

19 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

It's an unmoderated title so people can and do say whatever they like and if you play with random members of the public every other game you'll get someone encouraging players to share their social media details.  Not the best game to be showing off that your kids play but you're too adult to understand.

how does anyone connect me and my kids’ usernames ??

they generally play with their school friends afaik but of course there has to be some outside involvement - we try to ensure they know not to share any details with anyone but thanks to what I read on here yesterday, I have already alerted the class parents to the fact that adults are playing this game and to stress not to pass any details to others .....

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

how does anyone connect me and my kids’ usernames ??

they generally play with their school friends afaik but of course there has to be some outside involvement - we try to ensure they know not to share any details with anyone but thanks to what I read on here yesterday, I have already alerted the class parents to the fact that adults are playing this game and to stress not to pass any details to others .....

I'm more worried about your kids getting catfished by randoms, I don't think anyone cares about finding out who you are... 

I was getting more at the idea it's a bad look that any modern parent would use an online game to babysit their very young children without looking into its safety first, then go and tell a bunch of strangers how adult that makes them.

10 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I'm more worried about your kids getting catfished by randoms, I don't think anyone cares about finding out who you are... 

I was getting more at the idea it's a bad look that any modern parent would use an online game to babysit their very young children without looking into its safety first, then go and tell a bunch of strangers how adult that makes them.

That wasn’t the point I was making ...... it was more about you adults playing a game that the kids had been doing for months ..... the kids are taught about the weirdos on the net and they have to be trusted ..... you can’t mollycoddle them .....

Downloaded the game and played it for a bit.

Iirc, I played 3 games, and was the imposter twice. I didn't understand the game that well. All I know is the imposter kills and sabotages and the good guys need to fix the ship and catch him.

The game wasn't my cup of tea so I uninstalled it. I don't think kids should be playing those kind of games IMO.

10 hours ago, st albans fox said:

That wasn’t the point I was making ...... it was more about you adults playing a game that the kids had been doing for months ..... the kids are taught about the weirdos on the net and they have to be trusted ..... you can’t mollycoddle them .....

And my point is that shouldn't be surprising.  Your kids probably found the game watching adults stream it on twitch or youtube, it's one of the breakout hits of the year in the gaming world.  All I'm saying is you make it sound like you're not really paying that much attention to the things your kids are interested in if they've been playing it for months and you're only now discovering that adults are also playing it.  It's a really fun game too, so you're missing out imo, you should play it with them some time.

Play it, but only with people I know in real life.

Has anyone tried playing the hide and seek variant?  

One imposter, but they have to announce who they are, but when the game starts they count to 20 and then turn off the lights (sabotage the electrics). Then they just have to kill everyone before all the tasks are done. You never report dead bodies, or call emergency meetings, you just keep going until everyone is dead, or all the tasks are done.

You have to tweet the settings a little, only ever 1 imposter, who has a short view distance and moderate cool down between kills (20 secs). Also, not too many long tasks.

20 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Play it, but only with people I know in real life.

Has anyone tried playing the hide and seek variant?  

One imposter, but they have to announce who they are, but when the game starts they count to 20 and then turn off the lights (sabotage the electrics). Then they just have to kill everyone before all the tasks are done. You never report dead bodies, or call emergency meetings, you just keep going until everyone is dead, or all the tasks are done.

You have to tweet the settings a little, only ever 1 imposter, who has a short view distance and moderate cool down between kills (20 secs). Also, not too many long tasks.

Haha no I haven't seen this. Im still trying to convince friends and family to download it so I can play with people I know. I only play with randoms.