Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

General Chat Forums

• 7 months later...
On 22/02/2021 at 22:21, Collymore said:

They seem to automatically hide when I'm on my phone. Is this an update? I preferred it when all forums would show when I entered the site. 

Only started doing it a couple of days a go. 

Now it's going to general chat forums and I have to expand the Leicester forums on my mobile when I first load up FT. 

It used to be that all forums would be visible on first entry which I preferred. 

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to be banned from general chat. Is that right; or is there an issue? I can read the threads but there is no box there for me to reply?

Getting banned for being abused is one thing; but now being restricted in terms of what I can contribute to is a bit ridiculous.

• Haha 1

Guest Harrydc

I'd also like to request being allowed into general chat. I've got a couple of things to get off my chest (medical related) but it wouldn't be suitable for anywhere else on the forums. I'd just like to speak to others about it and see if anyone else has been through anything similar to my current situation. I feel like a bit of a lost cause at the moment. 

I have absolutely 0 interest in the coronavirus thread. There are far more important things personally that are on my mind that argueing with others about matters about of my control. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Farrington fox said:

@HighPeakFox yes but the laughing face emoji doesn’t answer the question. If I’ve been banned it would have been reasonable  to have been told. 

You're not the first person it's happened to, nor will you be the last. Many of us have had unexplained restrictions or bans  - the trick is to learn from it. If you're really unaware of why you've been banned, then I might kindly suggest you think on.

• Thanks 4

4 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

You're not the first person it's happened to, nor will you be the last. Many of us have had unexplained restrictions or bans  - the trick is to learn from it. If you're really unaware of why you've been banned, then I might kindly suggest you think on.

Yes I get that. And I accept my views on the covid and things associated with it aren’t mainstream. But as far as I can see, I didn’t make derogatory comments about anyone or personal insults, I received a few mind! Anyway, I won’t be 😭 myself to sleep over it that’s for sure. 

1 hour ago, Farrington fox said:

Yes I get that. And I accept my views on the covid and things associated with it aren’t mainstream. But as far as I can see, I didn’t make derogatory comments about anyone or personal insults, I received a few mind! Anyway, I won’t be 😭 myself to sleep over it that’s for sure. 

My guess is it's not (necessarily) what you say, as much as how you say it. And I'm being as nice about this as I can. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/01/2022 at 12:03, HighPeakFox said:

Be nice to know why though. Maybe a message that explains why you've been banned.

13 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Be nice to know why though. Maybe a message that explains why you've been banned.

I think the mistake they make (and I fully understand why) is that there is an expectation that we should be able to work it out for ourselves, or read the mods' minds. Sometimes it isn't obvious.