Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
norfolk_fox

Supporters Club Ireland

We are well liked in the Republic, as far as I am aware. I think the MON era was part of the reason, but also the romance of the title win, and now the Brendan factor.

I can't imagine many Irish fans of the PL were rooting for Spurs in 15/16, although if it was Man U or Liverpool it would have been different.

Edited by Vardinio'sCat

2 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

I thought they were all Liverpool and Manchester United over there? lol

I'm in Northern Ireland and most are either Liverpool or Man U. We've a solitary Spurs fan works in our village off licence, who was 'delighted' to sell me champagne when we won the league lol

When we first moved here in 2009 no-one had even heard of Leicester let alone LCFC, despite me living in the County of MON's birth! All changed in 2016.

I've conversed with a good few of our fans on Twitter who are ROI.

I'm originally from Antrim, lived in Ireland (north and south) until about 9 years ago. Supported us since the 90s, can honesty say that aside from my dad I didnt met any Irish Leicester fans in my time back home, though this was before I joined Foxestalk so wasnt exactly looking. Always good to hear of those in the home country who have also followed us in the dark old days.

7 hours ago, irishfoxkev said:

As regards posters on here  BlueRoi , Mayofox and Foylefox post fairly frequently...there may be others. 

In an ideal world it would be great to have a big meet up for a Cup Final or other big game but it ain’t gonna happen this year with Covid 

I'm bailing out soon, hopefully soon anyway, returning to the motherland of Leicestershire.  I'll have to become 'Not in FoyleFox' 

9 hours ago, irishfoxkev said:

Simple answer to question is as far as I know there hasn’t been an official Leicester Supporters Club in Ireland for a long time.

Back in early 1990’s a guy who posts on here under Gearoid formed one and it was quite active with upwards of 20/25 members traveling to the playoff finals and League Cup finals in that era.....tickets were far easier to get back then as the club always held tickets  to accommodate overseas supporters. Sadly I know of at least 5 of that group are no longer with us and have missed the incredible recent achievements. On the plus side 2 of that original group are now married and living in the same area as me in County Meath and pre Covid we would try to get over to 3 or 4 matches each season or meet in local pub in Ratoath to watch televised matches.

Apart from our little group and families there are a few others scattered around the country. On our more recent trips I’ve met guys from Kilkenny,Galway,Limerick, Cork , Mullingar etc Oh and a fair few Dublin including family and friends of Susan Whelan.....As regards posters on here  BlueRoi , Mayofox and Foylefox post fairly frequently...there may be others. 

In an ideal world it would be great to have a big meet up for a Cup Final or other big game but it ain’t gonna happen this year with Covid 

Bang on Kev