Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

‘A Great Honour’ – Claridge’s Foxes Memories On League Cup Anniversary

Unbelievable night and it’s scary how long ago it was now. At that time was the greatest night in the clubs history. We were the better team  on the night though. Was disbelief after thinking Leicester city are in Europe. Sad that not many on this forum were old enough to enjoy and reminisce about the O’Neill years. Will always be thankful for super Stevie claridge. Will always be a Leicester legend. 

Edited by TrickyTrev Benjamin
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Unbelievable night and it’s scary how long ago it was now. At that time was the greatest night in the clubs history. We were the better team  on the night though. Was disbelief after thinking Leicester city are in Europe. Sad that not many on this forum were old enough to enjoy and reminisce about the O’Neill years. Will always be thankful for super Stevie claridge. Will always be a Leicester legend. 

I remember being there that night. I can't remember much about the actual game I was too much on edge all the way through until Claridge scored.

I'll have a look at the game again over the weekend to really get into the mood for Sunday's Cup game.

Claridge was a very talented player but lacked any real pace. Funnily I've always thought both Claridge and Nugent were similar. Very intelligent with deft Touches and quick Brains.

If they both had real pace we would never have afforded them in those days.

As to O''Neill, I just wish Rogers would show even a little of O'Neill enthusiasm on the touch line. Martin became so animated during games that you knew it really effected him both good and bad.

Brendan is just too laid back, like Ah, sure that's what happens in games. It's just not in his nature to show excitement when the rest of us are elated when we win or score. 

• Like 1