Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

BT confirms talks over the future of its sports business

This, alongside the Premier League’s reported desire to “rollover” the next TV rights deals rather than put them out for bidding should perhaps be considered a warning sign for many clubs that the levels paid previously are not sustainable as a business model for the TV companies. 

The squeezed middle and lower clubs could suddenly see themselves with a much lower level of income in the near future - which would likely be a worry for us.

I'm all for the Premier league having it's own streaming service but don't want them to have a monopoly over TV rights. Inevitably they will charge people whatever they want and it'll once again price people out of football. 

I think competition is good for the game or some sort of regulation to ensure football on TV is affordable. Right now you need to have BT, sky and amazon prime to be able to watch all games which is ridiculous. 

9 hours ago, shailen said:

I'm all for the Premier league having it's own streaming service but don't want them to have a monopoly over TV rights. Inevitably they will charge people whatever they want and it'll once again price people out of football. 

I think competition is good for the game or some sort of regulation to ensure football on TV is affordable. Right now you need to have BT, sky and amazon prime to be able to watch all games which is ridiculous. 

It wouldn't be quite so bad if it was all of the games but it's some of the games in a  normal season

7 hours ago, davieG said:

It wouldn't be quite so bad if it was all of the games but it's some of the games in a  normal season

Yeah that is very true. 3pm Saturday games were never shown and I believe it's because it would impact attendances at games but I think most who go to games at any level would prefer to be at the stadium then watching it on TV. 

• Like 1