Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Brendan Rodgers explains ideal signing profile as he sets out Leicester City transfer plan

The comparison of Perez with Nachois a strange one. Are they here to do the same job? I am not so sure, Kel is here as primarily a goal scorer, but is Perez?

It clearly doesn't help that no-one has much idea what Ayoze is best at! (If anything)

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

The comparison of Perez with Nachois a strange one. Are they here to do the same job? I am not so sure, Kel is here as primarily a goal scorer, but is Perez?

It clearly doesn't help that no-one has much idea what Ayoze is best at! (If anything)

Perez is an attacking player, not a centre forward but either a support striker or a winger which command a requirement of at least 15 goal contributions a season from Rodgers. That's what he asks of Maddison and Barnes. Perez cannot try and worm his way in to being an Albrighton so he's flopping massively in the thing he's been brought in to do. It's his distinct lack of assists that has startled me, he's got very little ability to do anything in the final third for himself or others.

• Like 4

On 31/05/2021 at 12:05, jeffschlupp said:

Apart from signing a player in that position in each of the last 3 seasons since we lost the club's best ever right winger, yeah we've not been arsed whatsoever

Under was a loan. Perez is not a right winger. Ghezzal fair enough, but at £10m was hardly a huge outlay. 

Iheanacho has been a revelation this season and reminded us of the player we hoped we had bought. I genuinely hope it continues. 

But as i reflect im beginning to wonder if he will be the same player next season? hear me out before you grab the pitchforks guys. 

He has done an interview stating that the fans booing him severely dented his confidence. To bring that up now it must still be playing on his mind at times.

I think his fine form this season has been because he hasnt had that pressure. He has benefitted from no fans, think how the opposite is true of players like vardy. 

Now next season will he be able to carry on where he left off? The problem with that is against spurs and arguably the cup final, he was largely below par (compared to the other games in this run) 

The fans cheering him from day one again may boost him to continue his otherwise great run but if he doesnt hit the ground running, how long before certain fans begin to get frustrated with him again or he gets inside his own head?

Call me a pessimist if you like but im hoping to put my hands up this time next year and say i was worrying about nothing. All hail seniorman! 

On 03/06/2021 at 05:08, Liam0308 said:

Iheanacho has been a revelation this season and reminded us of the player we hoped we had bought. I genuinely hope it continues. 

But as i reflect im beginning to wonder if he will be the same player next season? hear me out before you grab the pitchforks guys. 

He has done an interview stating that the fans booing him severely dented his confidence. To bring that up now it must still be playing on his mind at times.

I think his fine form this season has been because he hasnt had that pressure. He has benefitted from no fans, think how the opposite is true of players like vardy. 

Now next season will he be able to carry on where he left off? The problem with that is against spurs and arguably the cup final, he was largely below par (compared to the other games in this run) 

The fans cheering him from day one again may boost him to continue his otherwise great run but if he doesnt hit the ground running, how long before certain fans begin to get frustrated with him again or he gets inside his own head?

Call me a pessimist if you like but im hoping to put my hands up this time next year and say i was worrying about nothing. All hail seniorman! 

I think his poor performances with fans were less to do with fans and more to do with his lack of chances, in the Cup final for example he had several bright moments of hold up play but just didn't get very close to the goal much.