Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Brendan Rodgers explains ideal signing profile as he sets out Leicester City transfer plan

22 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

where did he get such experience?

I am sure he is a lovely  guy - but he would be a bid risk - just when Brendan said we want fold with experience of sinning at the top.  It is not a risk I would take - he will be like musa - but let's see what the do...

Tammy Abrahams is a better bet

What has Abraham learnt riding Chelsea's bench that Edouard hasn't leading the line for Celtic? 

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

For good reason, the guy has a poor mentality, very inconsistent player, not to mention he is looking for a last big payday.

I'd have him here on a free, him and Maddison can take it in turns to piss us all off and at least he takes reliable set pieces. I'm almost at the point where I'd have Alan Sheehan in just to take them, which was all he was good for back in 2006/07.

On 27/05/2021 at 14:35, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

Poor Perez, doesn't anybody love hime? :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Not round here, and I say that as someone who thinks he is a handy squad player at our current level.

Our other AMC isn't reliable either, but we have to play him or we won't get the big bucks in the end.

Tanner in the athletic basically says what we already know... soumare and Bertrand in, Eduoard likely and tarkowski, demirahl or kabak to be pursued. Worrying lack if reference to a RW

Whilst I think he has vastly under performed for a player of his price tag, he is still our player. I hope when crowds are back next season, he doesn't get the same treatment as Nacho.

The bottom line for me is when he puts on a blue shirt, he needs our support. 

It just gives the opposition a lift if they here our fans booing our own player and he is unlikely to perform when so called supporters are on his back before he even kicks a ball.

To me if you are a supporter there is a clue in the word.

Edited by MGLCFC
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, sdb said:

Tanner in the athletic basically says what we already know... soumare and Bertrand in, Eduoard likely and tarkowski, demirahl or kabak to be pursued. Worrying lack if reference to a RW

Because he doesn't have any insight in to our targets that haven't already been linked and linked and linked. Not many central sources do, they tend to occur from those close to the player as we are very secretive in our work.

Rodgers has gone on record to say we need a couple of new attacking players, they aren't both going to be strikers so one of them will be a right winger or an ACM that can play out wide at the very least.

7 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Whilst I think he has vastly under performed for a player of his price tag, he is still our player. I hope when crowds are back next season, he doesn't get the same treatment as Nacho.

The bottom line for me is when he puts on a blue shirt, he needs our support. 

It just gives the opposition a lift if they here our fans booing our own player and he is unlikely to perform when so called supporters are on his back before he even kicks a ball.

To me if you are a supporter there is a clue in the word.

I want him gone, bottom line. He isn't good enough, I wouldn't mind if the core 11-14 players always stayed fit and we didn't need the likes of Perez but our injury record under Rodgers is horrifying so we have to have a better depth. He's 2nd choice at 10 and at right wing but the truth is our 1st choice right winger isn't top 4 material and Maddison has injury issues so Perez is almost a key player now and yet he's been abysmal.

Get him gone

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I want him gone, bottom line. He isn't good enough, I wouldn't mind if the core 11-14 players always stayed fit and we didn't need the likes of Perez but our injury record under Rodgers is horrifying so we have to have a better depth. He's 2nd choice at 10 and at right wing but the truth is our 1st choice right winger isn't top 4 material and Maddison has injury issues so Perez is almost a key player now and yet he's been abysmal.

Get him gone

I agree he's been abysmal, but so was Nacho and he's turned it around. Perhaps Perez can.

I'm also keen to see him moved on. 

However, whilst ever he plays for us I will be supportive in the hope that encouragement, rather than ridicule, harassment  and resentment, will help inspire better performances.

Edited by MGLCFC

25 minutes ago, sdb said:

Makes me laugh how little Tanner knows, he literally knows just as much as us

On 27/05/2021 at 08:58, Nicolo Barella said:

What has Abraham learnt riding Chelsea's bench that Edouard hasn't leading the line for Celtic? 

Abraham is a proven goalscorer in the Premiership. Last year 15 in 34 games which isn't bad for a then 22yr old. This year only 6 in 22 but I think there's some substitute appearances.

Edouard, similar age, 18 goals in 34 which is of course excellent. However, you also have to say that it's somewhat easier to score against the likes of Motherwell and Ross County than it is against Premiership teams. That's not being churlish against Scottish football it's just common sense. 

Abraham would cost double the money but he is proven and both are likely to improve. But, as they say, sometimes buy cheap buy twice. Is Edouard any better than Iheanacho? Presumably we'd keep both. For me if the money was there it would be Abraham all the way, I think he's going to be a stand out player in the future. Whilst there's rumour about Arsenal's interest, there's not seemingly a stampede for Edouard even at a relatively low 20m, there's possibly good reason for that. 

41 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

our injury record under Rodgers is horrifying

Tbf it's less our injury record under Rodgers and more our injury record under Covid has been horrifying. 

Hopefully that should start being behind us after a proper preseason and a normal length season.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Abraham is a proven goalscorer in the Premiership. Last year 15 in 34 games which isn't bad for a then 22yr old. This year only 6 in 22 but I think there's some substitute appearances.

Edouard, similar age, 18 goals in 34 which is of course excellent. However, you also have to say that it's somewhat easier to score against the likes of Motherwell and Ross County than it is against Premiership teams. That's not being churlish against Scottish football it's just common sense. 

Abraham would cost double the money but he is proven and both are likely to improve. But, as they say, sometimes buy cheap buy twice. Is Edouard any better than Iheanacho? Presumably we'd keep both. For me if the money was there it would be Abraham all the way, I think he's going to be a stand out player in the future. Whilst there's rumour about Arsenal's interest, there's not seemingly a stampede for Edouard even at a relatively low 20m, there's possibly good reason for that. 

Not a stampede but (if you believe it)

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/leicester-leapfrog-west-ham-for-new-striker-triple-deal-nears-brendan-rodgers

Edouard rejected Liverpool
However, there’s no doubting the prized signing of the lot appears to be Edouard.

One club Edouard will not be ending up at, it seems, is Liverpool. Reports last month claimed Jurgen Klopp had personally called him but the talks were unsuccessful.

There were rumours of a potential swap deal between Edouard and Divock Origi. However, that will not be materialising.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/leicester-leapfrog-west-ham-for-new-striker-triple-deal-nears-brendan-rodgers

However, there’s no doubting the prized signing of the lot appears to be Edouard.

One club Edouard will not be ending up at, it seems, is Liverpool. Reports last month claimed Jurgen Klopp had personally called him but the talks were unsuccessful.

There were rumours of a potential swap deal between Edouard and Divock Origi. However, that will not be materialising.

All sounded brilliant until they started quoting the footballer insider as their source (up and coming indikalia on Twitter)

9 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

we never seem to want to do anything about it

Apart from signing a player in that position in each of the last 3 seasons since we lost the club's best ever right winger, yeah we've not been arsed whatsoever

51 minutes ago, davieG said:

Interesting!

25 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

I agree he's been abysmal, but so was Nacho and he's turned it around. Perhaps Perez can.

I'm also keen to see him moved on. 

However, whilst ever he plays for us I will be supportive in the hope that encouragement, rather than ridicule, harassment  and resentment, will help inspire better performances.

I was rather hoping someone would mention Iheanacho. It's not impossible for Perez to drastically improve but there is a difference between Perez and Iheanacho in regards to their careers here.

Iheanacho if played as a centre forward on his own would likely have continued to be a peripheral player here. The times he played up top with Vardy (briefly under Puel and under Rodgers sporadically in 2019/20) he scored and set up goals but there was still a belief his all round game was lacking.

This season started very much the same, scored goals in Europe and when Vardy was injured and played up top on his own he failed to truly impress, so much so that when the FA Cup started, it was Perez playing centre forward and not Iheanacho.

The injuries to Barnes and Maddison have transformed the value of Iheanacho to us and he has now proven that should we want 25+ goals a season from him then we know he can do it but it requires us to play a front two. That is now down to Rodgers to decide if thr sum of all parts of his attack in terms of goals and overall team play is better with Iheanacho and another striker at the expense of probably 2 wingers, or a centre forward that isn't Iheanacho but whom plays well on his own and scores 20+ goals a season + 2 wingers and an ACM that between them score more and bring a better balance to the team overall than Iheanacho, I don't know what the answer is there.

Perez however, what's he ever shown in the PL? He had a purple patch in the 2nd half of the 2018/19 season for Newcastle but other than that he tends to average around 5-10 goals a season and yet this season in his favoured position for a good chunk of the 2nd half of the season he has been appalling. He is wasteful in front of goal, usually at key moments in big matches and his creativity is very questionable too. So although he could still turn it around, he is playing in the position that most have ear marked him for as being where we'll get the best out of him and he is flopping. As a winger he is limited, as a striker he is limited, I just don't see even at ACM he will do it here.

Sometimes you have to make big decisions on players and he is one we need to make, I think he is holding us back.

• Like 1