Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Brendan Rodgers explains ideal signing profile as he sets out Leicester City transfer plan

3 minutes ago, Guest said:

He's 30, on somewhere in the region of £400k a week and perennially unfit so hopefully someone else can take that particular bullet for us

Wait and see what he does when fit for whoever it turns out to be. Badly treated by Arsenal, they've missed him really big time. 

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Wait and see what he does when fit for whoever it turns out to be. Badly treated by Arsenal, they've missed him really big time. 

I will do so with bated breath

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Javi Martinez

Juan Mata

Jerome Boateng

Hakan Calhanoglu

Lucas Vázquez

Sergio Ramos

Nikola Maksimovic

@Muzzy_Larsson is Ryan Gauld worth a look this summer? Had a very very good season in Portugal and available on a bosman.

Hard no on Ryan Gauld. One of these wonder kids that moved to early and never made it. 

Can't get in the Scotland team with the liked of Turnbull and Gilmour and Fleck way ahead of him and none of them will be starters either. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Javi Martinez

Juan Mata

Jerome Boateng

Hakan Calhanoglu

Lucas Vázquez

Sergio Ramos

Nikola Maksimovic

@Muzzy_Larsson is Ryan Gauld worth a look this summer? Had a very very good season in Portugal and available on a bosman.

I'm hoping we (Celtic) sign him this summer lol

I've only seen bits and pieces of him this season but he does look as if he's turned into a very decent player. He seems far more aggressive than he ever was.

I'd be surprised if he were someone who would threaten to play much at Leicester in all honesty, right now anyway.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Greg2607 said:

i genuinely can't imagine a window where we are bringing in 6 players to the squad. simply won't happen. 

It will happen we're losing at least 3 in Fuchs, Morgan and ünder and they all need replacing.

We'll promote maybe kdh and sowall.

Soumere and Eduardo are possibly lined up.

Still need a centre back and a winger, maybe 2 if Barnes isn't going to make it. Cartilage issues can ruin careers.

2 hours ago, SydenhamFox said:

Plenty. 

where did he get such experience?

I am sure he is a lovely  guy - but he would be a bid risk - just when Brendan said we want fold with experience of sinning at the top.  It is not a risk I would take - he will be like musa - but let's see what the do...

Tammy Abrahams is a better bet

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

I am sure he is a lovely  guy - but he would be a bid risk - just when Brendan said we want fold with experience of sinning at the top.  It is not a risk I would take - he will be like musa - but let's see what the do...

What has Tammy Abraham won at the top level?

Just now, foxinsocks said:

He got his experience at Celtic, which is a massive club with a fine silver laden pedigree. 

Why don’t you just explicitly come out with the trope that Scottish football is shit? 
The only trouble with that ‘logic’ is that the successful transitions of Virgil Van Dijk and Kieran Tierney to English football blow holes in it.  

• Like 2

Just now, SydenhamFox said:

He got his experience at Celtic, which is a massive club with a fine silver laden pedigree. 

Why don’t you just explicitly come out with the trope that Scottish football is shit? 
The only trouble with that ‘logic’ is that the successful transitions of Virgil Van Dijk and Kieran Tierney to English football blow holes in it.  

its not sh21t - but it is not the pl - good for van dijk and tierney - do you think he is worth the risk then?  I expect the club to fish elsewhere - but I have been wrong before... as have the club.

10 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

its not sh21t - but it is not the pl - good for van dijk and tierney - do you think he is worth the risk then?  I expect the club to fish elsewhere - but I have been wrong before... as have the club.

I think Edouard can only strengthen us and BR obviously thinks he can do the job. Good enough for me.

I’d take Abraham too, though he’d cost a fortune. For the money he’d cost we might be able to get better elsewhere. 

14 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

I think Edouard can only strengthen us and BR obviously thinks he can do the job. Good enough for me.

I’d take Abraham too, though he’d cost a fortune. For the money he’d cost we might be able to get better elsewhere. 

there has been talk of BR going back for edouard since he got here - I think he is not convinced … let's see.  It's BR who will get the plaudits if he gets it right.

3 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

there has been talk of BR going back for edouard since he got here - I think he is not convinced … let's see.  It's BR who will get the plaudits if he gets it right.

I don’t think we could’ve got him before now. Politically (Celtic wouldn’t have stood for it) or financially. Now’s the time. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

It certainly isn't a wish list - it's the reality of what we have seen this season.

Choudhury wants more game time and in essence isn't good enough for where we are aiming for.

Praet should stay and I rate him - BR obviously doesn't. You can't expect a Belgian international to want to hang around sitting on the bench for another season.

Mendy - BR has stated we need more physicality at 5' 6" he's hardly a giant. 

Amartey - It says a lot about BR's trust in him as a utility player/back up centre half when he decides to replace Fofana with a midfielder, rather than Amartey in our final game.

Perez has had 2 seasons here and has made no impact. He will thrive in Spain or Italy and, just like Slimani, we made need to take a hit on him, financially.

It's not a matter of Thomas stepping up, it's more that Fuchs and Morgan offered experience - that's why I'm not against Betrand joining. You can't expect Thomas to play at a high level of consistency throughout a long season at 19 years of age.

I like that. A very realistic and practical assessment of our squad situation.

On 25/05/2021 at 13:32, TJB-fox said:

You’re all bonkers if you think perez is off

Agreed, even if we wanted him out, can you for example see any Premiership club, newly promoted or otherwise wanting him for even a cut price 10m? If he can't score or assist in a top 5 side with decent players around him, how's he going to do it on his own? Agreed, he may perhaps do better in Spain but 10m from a mid table Spanish side? No way would they match his wages and in fairness to him at him age, why take a pay cut. 

Sadly, he's just another Slimani or Silva and were lumbered with him unless someone pays part of his wages on loan.

• Like 1