Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
001merp

Warsaw Away

Does anyone know what happened to the bloke ('Thirsty Hursty' of that ilk?) who was waving the blue flare around at the front prior to kick off?  He couldn't have made himself more visible, so it was no great surprise that he was pounced on by the Polska Boys In Blue as he exited the ground.  I've no idea how he managed to get the flare in given the thorough search on entry - the fridge magnet I had in my pocket from the 'History Of The Polish Jews' Museum was described as a 'suspicious package' by the security goon.  Silly Billy!

11 minutes ago, TTITH said:

Does anyone know what happened to the bloke ('Thirsty Hursty' of that ilk?) who was waving the blue flare around at the front prior to kick off?  He couldn't have made himself more visible, so it was no great surprise that he was pounced on by the Polska Boys In Blue as he exited the ground.  I've no idea how he managed to get the flare in given the thorough search on entry - the fridge magnet I had in my pocket from the 'History Of The Polish Jews' Museum was described as a 'suspicious package' by the security goon.  Silly Billy!

All 3 lads who were arrested after the game were found not guilty, believe they were stuck on a flight home as soon as they were released.

7 hours ago, TTITH said:

'Thirsty hursty ' became somewhat ubiquitous for my whole Warsaw trip - a fella I'd never previously noticed

He was chatty on the queue for the Luton plane, was up and down like a jack-in-the-box once the plane took off..... saw him.at the westin, outside the British bulldog, then again as I entered the lower tier, then waving his blue flare,  then he moves to the empty corner to goad legia fans with obscene gestures after they scored.  Then, finally, I was on the stairs watching the police 'assist' him to a nearby van. 

As my Dad would say; 'a character'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Fox-66
On 06/10/2021 at 11:07, TTITH said:

The ‘History Of The Polish Jews' Museum‘ was very informative, as was the Museum of the Warsaw Uprising, although I didn’t buy a fridge magnet from either!! 

But I also am baffled as how a flare got into the ground. I had to open my reading glasses case and the case for my iPhone charger. 

2 hours ago, Fox-66 said:

The ‘History Of The Polish Jews' Museum‘ was very informative, as was the Museum of the Warsaw Uprising, although I didn’t buy a fridge magnet from either!! 

But I also am baffled as how a flare got into the ground. I had to open my reading glasses case and the case for my iPhone charger. 

It’s about WHERE you hide it…