Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
001merp

Warsaw Away

1 hour ago, blurryface said:

Do you remember the name of the pub? I managed to watch it on my phone in the hotel as was on my own and sasnt entirely sure where to head, I'll be looking for somewhere to watch the evening games today for sure

Yes mate, Brooklyn burgers ...its a shop in corner opened till 11pm

• Like 1

Warsaw is an odd city. Mainly down to the war and it's impact on the place after the uprising (90% of the place destroyed) 

I would suggest going to the Old Town for the beers and grub etc but definitely have a gander at the 'non tourist' area of the city to get a feel for what the City actually is. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Górnik Leicester said:

That Passenger Locator Form to get back into the UK is a bit of an arse to fill in. Genuinely unsure if I've done it correctly. 

So long as you have the qr code at the end of it, it's fine. That'll show up at border control as it's linked to your passport 

Border Control aren't interested at all beyond that. Whether you do day 2 tests or self isolation or whatever isn't their concern.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Can anyone who has already travelled (to Chopin) let us know how getting out of the airport was please (security etc.)? Did it take long or pretty normal as pre-Covid. Can't expect there to be much travel traffic these days.

It’s okay, a little bit longer but all good this morning. They quick got more staff on their passport desks. 

3 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Warsaw is an odd city. Mainly down to the war and it's impact on the place after the uprising (90% of the place destroyed) 

I would suggest going to the Old Town for the beers and grub etc but definitely have a gander at the 'non tourist' area of the city to get a feel for what the City actually is. 

That’s my immediate feel while in the old town, very tourist.

• Like 1

Guest David Oldfields Gate
6 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Can anyone who has already travelled (to Chopin) let us know how getting out of the airport was please (security etc.)? Did it take long or pretty normal as pre-Covid. Can't expect there to be much travel traffic these days.

Hello. Breezed through this morning, it helps to have everything ready: passport, Polish PLF and then the documents to back up what's declared on the PLF. If you stand there faffing around trying to find it all on your phone they clearly get a bit annoyed. As would any border guard anywhere.

After baggage I went through the nothing to declare but did get pulled over for a random inspection, if you have a sandwich containing meat or cheese eat it before customs, it would appear!

16 minutes ago, blurryface said:

Any LCFC areas developing? I'm on my ones in warsaw and whilst it's been lovely going around I'm 4 pints deep and in need of some familiar voices haha.

Not so far, where are you?

Hello.

I've had a wander down to the ground and back and it is a fair old jaunt, especially if starting from the old town. My feet are killing me to be honest.

Uber seems functional and there are masses of public transport options as you would expect in this part of the world, but it takes some working out. There is a bus that goes from near the central station to 'Torwar" which is the ice rink opposite the ground.

Spoke to a Legia club official, they are expecting a very noisy and very early atmosphere.

His opinion of trouble was that if you wear colours, parade flags, or generally act like a conquering army you will be targeted. Which I guess is somewhat understandable if you consider Poland's history.

All the above is fairly obvious I guess but hey ho.

35 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

Hello.

I've had a wander down to the ground and back and it is a fair old jaunt, especially if starting from the old town. My feet are killing me to be honest.

Uber seems functional and there are masses of public transport options as you would expect in this part of the world, but it takes some working out. There is a bus that goes from near the central station to 'Torwar" which is the ice rink opposite the ground.

Spoke to a Legia club official, they are expecting a very noisy and very early atmosphere.

His opinion of trouble was that if you wear colours, parade flags, or generally act like a conquering army you will be targeted. Which I guess is somewhat understandable if you consider Poland's history.

All the above is fairly obvious I guess but hey ho.

I went for a look round their ground a few years ago and took a bus from near the Palace of Culture. Guess that would be the same bus as they're nearby?

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I went for a look round their ground a few years ago and took a bus from near the Palace of Culture. Guess that would be the same bus as they're nearby?

Yes that's it.