Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Team vs Watford

What would be your team to face Watford on Tuesday night? The threat of Ashley Young/Anthony McNamee on wings surely means Johansson will be dropped from left back, won't it? :rolleyes: I'm not sure involving Sheehan would be a good move either against Young, one of the most exciting young wingers in the country.

My team would be :

Douglas

Maybury

McCarthy

Gerrbrand

Tiatto

Hughes

Gudjonsson ©

Williams

Smith

Hume

Hammond

Subs : Henderson, Johansson, Stearman, Sylla, De Vries

Hopefully this should mean we play more down the left side, with players who can pass the ball in midfield and no Sylla, we need to make more use of our best attacking threat in Smith if we're going to start scoring and winning. Play with pace up front to get behind the defence with no lumps to hold us back. *Perhaps that last part is asking too much :@

What would be your team to face Watford on Tuesday night? The threat of Ashley Young on the right wing surely means Johansson will be dropped from left back, won't it? :rolleyes: I'm not sure involving Sheehan would be a good move either against him, one of the most exciting young wingers in the country.

My team would be :

Douglas

Maybury

McCarthy

Gerrbrand

Tiatto

Hughes

Gudjonsson ©

Williams

Smith

Hume

Hammond

Subs : Henderson, Johansson, Stearman, Sylla, De Vries

Hopefully this should mean we play more down the left side, with players who can pass the ball in midfield and no Sylla, we need to make more use of our best attacking threat in Smith if we're going to start scoring and winning. Play with pace up front to get behind the defence with no lumps to hold us back. *Perhaps that last part is asking too much :@

Agree with most of that Mr C. Even Tiwatto.

I would still play De Vries instead of Hammond though.

The threat of Ashley Young on the right wing surely means Johansson will be dropped from left back, won't it? :rolleyes: I'm not sure involving Sheehan would be a good move either against him, one of the most exciting young wingers in the country.

You must be a mind reader...i was just thinking last night that johanson wasnt helping our left wing in attack. However, if there RWinger is very good, tiatio isnt guna last long. I disagree, sheehan is more than capable of defending such youth.

YES, play with pace and NO lumps. Lump(s) can play when were desperate.

---------------------henderson

---------macarthy--gerrbrand--johanson

stearman-----maybury-----tiatto-----sheehan

-----------elvis--------hume------smith

subs: douglas, kisnorbo, hughes, deep freeze, sylla

Theres everything position and form of play catered for here. FOUR left sided players, making a more balanced team. Was tempted to play hughes instead of maybury, but what with 3 strikers...hughes infront of maybury and tiatoo and drop elvis perhaps.

I would say to the 3 upfront, GO GET AT EM, BECAUSE WE HAVE MASSIVE DEFENSIVE STRENGTH, AND THE LEGS OF THE 2 WING BACKS WITH BACK YOU UP. Maybury and tiatto can fill in at full back when doing so, so can macarthy and johanson.

Its now time to grab this division by the throat, thats IF were serious of challenging for promotion???

You must be a mind reader...i was just thinking last night that johanson wasnt helping our left wing in attack. However, if there RWinger is very good, tiatio isnt guna last long. I disagree, sheehan is more than capable of defending such youth.

YES, play with pace and NO lumps. Lump(s) can play when were desperate.

Theres everything position and form of play catered for here. FOUR left sided players, making a more balanced team. Was tempted to play hughes instead of maybury, but what with 3 strikers...hughes infront of maybury and tiatoo and drop elvis perhaps.

I would say to the 3 upfront, GO GET AT EM, BECAUSE WE HAVE MASSIVE DEFENSIVE STRENGTH, AND THE LEGS OF THE 2 WING BACKS WITH BACK YOU UP. Maybury and tiatto can fill in at full back when doing so, so can macarthy and johanson.

Its now time to grab this division by the throat, thats IF were serious of challenging for promotion???

You want to play Hammond instead of DeVries? u must be joking, Hammond is the worst player we have had at the walkers. Play Hammond would be a mistake because he is shocking, just look at his record!

Douglas

Maybury - McCarthy - Gerrbrand - Sheehan

Sylla - Hughes - Gudjonsson - Smith

MDV - Hume

---------------------------------------------------

I'd draft in Sheehan at left back, despite the threat of Young. Tiatto doesn't have the discipline at left back. He's too rash and therefore gets caught out of position and leaves the central defenders exposed. If not Sheehan, then maybe give Gilbert another chance? He wasn't match fit at the start of the season, and now he's had a number of games in the reserves and at international level. There is also the option of playing Maybury at left back and bringing Stearman at right back, but I'd like to see a balanced back 4 in order aid the attacking side of things.

Hughes and Gudjonsson in the centre will do. Gudjonsson has been more effective than Kisnorbo when played. Kisnorbo has had one good game, and that was ironically against Watford last time out, but he's not repeated it since.

MDV and Hume - this partnership needs to be given a prolonged run.

You want to play Hammond instead of DeVries? u must be joking, Hammond is the worst player we have had at the walkers. Play Hammond would be a mistake because he is shocking, just look at his record!

Why do you think the owner of this site is joking, why is it a mistake?

Scowy, do you think its wise to play players who arnt good enough to make it to premiership level of football come next august?

Scowy, do you think its wise to play players who arnt good enough to make it to premiership level of football come next august?

We won't be in the Premiership next season.

And if you think Hammond is premiership quality, then I know you're a piss take for sure.

We won't be in the Premiership next season.

And if you think Hammond is premiership quality, then I know you're a piss take for sure.

Rather a negative approach dont you think?

I never said hammond is prem quality. I believe he has the potential come what may, unlike joey for instance.

The point is, we NEED players who have the potential, to play now, otherwise if we get there and we flop badly, it`ll be 1 step forwards, 3 steps back.

I'm not bothered playing players who could play in the Premiership. The fact that we're 16th and haven't scored for a month shows that most of the players in our team are struggling to play Championship level nevermind Premiership level, Leveins tactics of course have an effect on this though.

We just need to concentrate on finding a way to perform in more consistently in the Championship, forget the Premiership that's a long way off! That, in my opinion, doesn't include De Vries. Now people can harp on all they like about how many goals he's got, against extremely poor opposition (2 vs Blackpool, 2 vs Sheff Weds, 2 vs Coventry), credit to him for scoring those but he and Levein's obsession is holding us back. When we signed him, Levein told us he's a striker that could play in the Premiership. Unlucky Craig, he is not and never will be a good Championship striker, for us. It doesn't matter who we sign to play alongside him, we won't make the playoffs with De Vries up front, nevermind get promoted.

Unfortunately we've no options that can be seen better other than the untried Hume and Hammond, so most people are not going to see past De Vries' goalscoring record this season. I'd play him most games myself because of the lack of options, i just want to see a change vs Watford cause one is needed.

You have to play with pace and score as many as possible in each game to get out of this league.

Whilst your passion and commitment cannot be faulted, seriously, what the hell is that?

That would end up a 5-2-3 the result of playing two more defensive minded wingbacks (as opposed to the days we would play Impey and Guppy as wingbacks). This would then leave Tiatto and Maybury to create and orchestrate attacks.

If Levein wants to commit suicide, then that is his team.

I think I'd go for a variation of Mr C's team:

Douglas

Maybury

McCarthy

Gerrbrand

Sheehan

Hughes

Gudjonsson

Tiatto

Smith

De Vries

Hume

Subs: Henderson, Elvis, Williams, Sylla, Johansson

Why do you think the owner of this site is joking, why is it a mistake?

because Hammond is pure shite! get it into your heads, i cant believe some people still cant see it.

I'm not bothered playing players who could play in the Premiership. The fact that we're 16th and haven't scored for a month shows that most of the players in our team are struggling to play Championship level nevermind Premiership level, Leveins tactics of course have an effect on this though.

We just need to concentrate on finding a way to perform in more consistently in the Championship, forget the Premiership that's a long way off! That, in my opinion, doesn't include De Vries. Now people can harp on all they like about how many goals he's got, against extremely poor opposition (2 vs Blackpool, 2 vs Sheff Weds, 2 vs Coventry), credit to him for scoring those but he and Levein's obsession is holding us back. When we signed him, Levein told us he's a striker that could play in the Premiership. Unlucky Craig, he is not and never will be a good Championship striker, for us. It doesn't matter who we sign to play alongside him, we won't make the playoffs with De Vries up front, nevermind get promoted.

Unfortunately we've no options that can be seen better other than the untried Hume and Hammond, so most people are not going to see past De Vries' goalscoring record this season. I'd play him most games myself because of the lack of options, i just want to see a change vs Watford cause one is needed.

You have to play with pace and score as many as possible in each game to get out of this league.

You're so right about de Vries. Three braces against poor sides and two single goals other than that. How many chances does this man miss... so so many. He's not good enough. I don't care how many goals he's scored. People harping on about him being our top scorer.. yes he is, because nobody else apart from him gets a decent run in the team up front.

He or Dublin should partner Hume up front. Ideally, we'd have someone else to partner Hume. Cue Levein to bring in another sh it player he's worked with in the past.

I'm not bothered playing players who could play in the Premiership.

Only players/teams that will be premiership quality, will get promoted. Long term championship players are not good enough.

CORRECT!! Someone is listening, hurrah!!

b&c, it is a 4-3-3, not 5-2-3. Do we wana score goals, or do we wana be a pleat team.

SIRFOOT, whilst the ball has hit deep freeze 8 times, elvis has more pace, power, ball control and natural ability. Its taken 7 months for the ball to deflect off deep freeze and end up in the net, while elvis has been here a few months, and not been given the same chance. Its not about what HAS happened so much, its about what could happen.

.......................Douglas

.Stearman..Dublin..Gerrband...Maybury

...Sylla......Hughes......Tiatto....Smith.

............Hume..

.......................De Vries.

Subs- Henderson, McCarthy, Williams, Kisnorbo, Chambers.

I don't really see the point in playing Gudjonson or Hammond, they are tow players I would look to cut my loses with in Janurary. I am playing Maybury at left back because he is probably the oen most cappable of dealign with Young. I think Tiatto adds a lot fo drive to the team, increases the tempo, and he may as well do this in central midfield because it is an area we have been desperately struggling in.

I am bringign back Dublin because he is better than Mcacarthy and we need a result, obviously in the long term Paddy would partner the other Paddy but as they only play oen up front Dublin could be in there slely as an organiser and a leader. Somethign he does very well.

Hume needs to play in his rightful position, which is in the hole. He is not an out and otu striker and I thinkt he team would be a lto mroe creative and fluid if they concentrate din getting th eball to hus his and Hughes' feet. Both are capable of spreading the play for a wide men or shooting from distanc if need be.

I don't really see the point in playing Gudjonson or Hammond, they are tow players I would look to cut my loses with in Janurary. I think Tiatto adds a lot fo drive to the team, increases the tempo, and he may as well do this in central midfield because it is an area we have been desperately struggling in.

Surely you dont think joey hasnt performed. You can be hung here for thinking that ;)

Whilst your passion and commitment cannot be faulted, seriously, what the hell is that?

That would end up a 5-2-3 the result of playing two more defensive minded wingbacks (as opposed to the days we would play Impey and Guppy as wingbacks). This would then leave Tiatto and Maybury to create and orchestrate attacks.

If Levein wants to commit suicide, then that is his team.

I think I'd go for a variation of Mr C's team:

Douglas

Maybury

McCarthy

Gerrbrand

Sheehan

Hughes

Gudjonsson

Tiatto

Smith

De Vries

Hume

Subs: Henderson, Elvis, Williams, Sylla, Johansson

In this particular match I see a lot of pluses to that line-up and would only make the minimum of adjustment.

Simply as a tactical move I'd leave Joey out (I know he's been our most consistent player, including Saturday), move Hughes inside, play Smith right side and include Hammill. I'd also reintroduce Stearman cos I think he's the better right back though I wouldn't be particularly bothered about having Maybury.

So:

Douglas;

Stearman, McCarthy, Gerrbrand (or Dion), Sheehan;

Smith, Hughes, Tiatto, Hammill;

MDV,Hume.

The reson for leaving Joey out is that the left side needs reinforcement to cope with Young (whoever plays) and having Sheehan, Tiatto, Hammill down that flank is as strong as it gets cos Hammill does track back. These three would interchange quite naturally and Tiatto would have strict instructions not to give silly fouls away and to provide width if others move inside.

With this side we avoid two rottweilers and include 7 or arguable eight attacking players without losing defensive capability.

The 4-4-2 would easily become 4-2-4 or even 2-4-4 because there would be natural fluidity acording to circumstances.

We could play as high up with this team as any we could select and, by fielding the young full-backs have speed in recovery.

It still leaves us weak on goalscoring potential but that line-up would still be as strong in that department as any other.

Sheehan's presence, and to a lesser extent Hammill's would also give our free kicks more potential,

Under the cosh, Hume could easily help out in midfield and would have get-out balls on either flank.

my team would be

douglas

stearman

paddy's

sheehan

sylla

joey

hughes

smith

hume

hammond

subs

henderson tiatto nils mdv dodds/graham (who ever is better)

his team will be

douglas

same back 4 as sat

sylla

love child

hughes

smith

1 lump with hume

subs

joey hammond stearman tiatto other lump

The reson for leaving Joey out is that the left side needs reinforcement to cope with Young (whoever plays) and having Sheehan, Tiatto, Hammill down that flank is as strong as it gets cos Hammill does track back. These three would interchange quite naturally and Tiatto would have strict instructions not to give silly fouls away and to provide width if others move inside.

Take 3 left sided players onto the pitch? Now you can wash n win with 4!! Just add johanson to your starting line up, and wave goodbye to those winter blues :D

-----------------------------------------Douglas--------------------------------------------

Maybury-Stearman-Gerrbrand-Sheehan-McCarthy-Tiatto-Johansson-Dublin-Kisnorbo

----------------------------------------De Vries---------------------------------------------

A 10-1 formation sounds good. :P:P:P

Archived