Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Team vs Watford

Surely you dont think joey hasnt performed. You can be hung here for thinking that ;)

I've persistantly been bemused by the consensus view that he has improved massively this year. He is still physically and technically inadaquete, couple that with him being just about the most stupid footballer I have ever seen. I fail to be impressed by the occaisional innefectual scissor kick.

You must be a mind reader...i was just thinking last night that johanson wasnt helping our left wing in attack. However, if there RWinger is very good, tiatio isnt guna last long. I disagree, sheehan is more than capable of defending such youth.

YES, play with pace and NO lumps. Lump(s) can play when were desperate.

---------------------henderson

---------macarthy--gerrbrand--johanson

stearman-----maybury-----tiatto-----sheehan

-----------elvis--------hume------smith

subs: douglas, kisnorbo, hughes, deep freeze, sylla

Theres everything position and form of play catered for here. FOUR left sided players, making a more balanced team. Was tempted to play hughes instead of maybury, but what with 3 strikers...hughes infront of maybury and tiatoo and drop elvis perhaps.

I would say to the 3 upfront, GO GET AT EM, BECAUSE WE HAVE MASSIVE DEFENSIVE STRENGTH, AND THE LEGS OF THE 2 WING BACKS WITH BACK YOU UP. Maybury and tiatto can fill in at full back when doing so, so can macarthy and johanson.

Its now time to grab this division by the throat, thats IF were serious of challenging for promotion???

Always thought you were just a wind up merchant Lush & with that team you've just proved it

3 centre backs, with 4 further defenders in front of them & 3 fast players up front.

So who exactly is going to create any chances for the speedy 3 ???

You must be a mind reader...i was just thinking last night that johanson wasnt helping our left wing in attack. However, if there RWinger is very good, tiatio isnt guna last long. I disagree, sheehan is more than capable of defending such youth.

YES, play with pace and NO lumps. Lump(s) can play when were desperate.

---------------------henderson

---------macarthy--gerrbrand--johanson

stearman-----maybury-----tiatto-----sheehan

-----------elvis--------hume------smith

subs: douglas, kisnorbo, hughes, deep freeze, sylla

Theres everything position and form of play catered for here. FOUR left sided players, making a more balanced team. Was tempted to play hughes instead of maybury, but what with 3 strikers...hughes infront of maybury and tiatoo and drop elvis perhaps.

I would say to the 3 upfront, GO GET AT EM, BECAUSE WE HAVE MASSIVE DEFENSIVE STRENGTH, AND THE LEGS OF THE 2 WING BACKS WITH BACK YOU UP. Maybury and tiatto can fill in at full back when doing so, so can macarthy and johanson.

Its now time to grab this division by the throat, thats IF were serious of challenging for promotion???

Are you reading Craig Levein?

If you thought people were beginning to sharpen the knives, play this formation for the full effect!!

Classic, that's cheered me up no end, thanks Lush!!

-----------------------------------------Douglas--------------------------------------------

Maybury-Stearman-Gerrbrand-Sheehan-McCarthy-Tiatto-Johansson-Dublin-Kisnorbo

----------------------------------------De Vries---------------------------------------------

A 10-1 formation sounds good. :P:P:P

What, no goalkeeper? :o:whistle:

So who exactly is going to create any chances for the speedy 3 ???

All bar the back 3 and goalie. Who would you rather have, sylla who looks good but fails. I`d rather have stearman who has proved he can play just about anywhere on tut pitch. Getting up and down the wing, supporting the front 3 is a piece of swisspiss for a lad of his calibre.

Equally sheehan, although hamill is capable, but sheehan is a MUST starter for me.

Whilst theres only 3 defenders, its important to have depth in cover, hence maybs and tiatio. Maybury is a good passer, excellent tackler and desperate to right his current footballing wrongs. I think a new more important role would bring out the best in him that we know exists.

Tiatto for all his faults, is a 100%. Like maybs, i believe theres the player we did know desperate to come out again. Like maybs, he can fill in at full back (or back up) perfectly for the 2 wingers.

All 3 strikers have an abundance of speed and trickery, i dont suppose opposite defenders would get much rest with them, and it would force them back, thus force their midfield back...

In attack, its like a 3-2-5 formation.

I did consider hughes for one of the CD`s in a support role behind the front 3, which would mean stearman and sheehan playing more defensive roles, but he has a slight injury.

So not at all a wind up, just trying to solve our goal scoring problems.

All bar the back 3 and goalie. Who would you rather have, sylla who looks good but fails. I`d rather have stearman who has proved he can play just about anywhere on tut pitch. Getting up and down the wing, supporting the front 3 is a piece of swisspiss for a lad of his calibre.

Equally sheehan, although hamill is capable, but sheehan is a MUST starter for me.

Whilst theres only 3 defenders, its important to have depth in cover, hence maybs and tiatio. Maybury is a good passer, excellent tackler and desperate to right his current footballing wrongs. I think a new more important role would bring out the best in him that we know exists.

Tiatto for all his faults, is a 100%. Like maybs, i believe theres the player we did know desperate to come out again. Like maybs, he can fill in at full back (or back up) perfectly for the 2 wingers.

All 3 strikers have an abundance of speed and trickery, i dont suppose opposite defenders would get much rest with them, and it would force them back, thus force their midfield back...

In attack, its like a 3-2-5 formation.

I did consider hughes for one of the CD`s in a support role behind the front 3, which would mean stearman and sheehan playing more defensive roles, but he has a slight injury.

So not at all a wind up, just trying to solve our goal scoring problems.

So not only are the two full-backs, sorry, one's a converted centre-half, expected to play as wing-backs, they can also double up as forwards?

Genius.

So not only are the two full-backs, sorry, one's a converted centre-half, expected to play as wing-backs, they can also double up as forwards?

Genius.

How the fvck did you read all that and respond in just one minute, genius ;)

Theres no wing backs sweetheart (although you know they can defend if needed, its about flexibility), but they can support the forwards yes.

Douglas

Maybury - McCarthy - Gerrbrand - Sheehan

Sylla - Hughes - Gudjonsson - Smith

MDV - Hume

---------------------------------------------------

I'd draft in Sheehan at left back, despite the threat of Young. Tiatto doesn't have the discipline at left back. He's too rash and therefore gets caught out of position and leaves the central defenders exposed. If not Sheehan, then maybe give Gilbert another chance? He wasn't match fit at the start of the season, and now he's had a number of games in the reserves and at international level. There is also the option of playing Maybury at left back and bringing Stearman at right back, but I'd like to see a balanced back 4 in order aid the attacking side of things.

Hughes and Gudjonsson in the centre will do. Gudjonsson has been more effective than Kisnorbo when played. Kisnorbo has had one good game, and that was ironically against Watford last time out, but he's not repeated it since.

MDV and Hume - this partnership needs to be given a prolonged run.

I agree Scowy, perfect.

Archived