Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

The incompetence of Premier League referees !

2 hours ago, Yes said:

We’re at fault at the end of the day, but yeah, on another day the guy who scored the goals is sent off, if it was Soyuncu on Bergwijn I’m confident it’s a red.

What’s the handball rules saying these days as well? I know last season it would’ve been disallowed. To be fair VAR probably thought the game was over and had switched the game off. 

14A74632-8F7F-4E69-8518-2E1ABB19A627.thumb.jpeg.222729d31dd0558134ddfbbeed421050.jpeg

Like I said it’s on us, but ref/var probably saves us on another day.

Any other day of VAR being used in this situation would result in a handball decision and freekick to us.

Edited by buzzer_b
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Any other day of VAR being used in this situation would result in a handball decision and freekick to us.

I don't fully understand when VAR gets used or not at times like this. Remember in the Man U vs Aston Villa game Danny Ings had a goal disallowed by VAR and they seemed to look every incident leading up to the goal. Didn't someone say in this instance it wasn't looked at because the handball player wasn't the goal scorer? I have no idea! In that shot, hand in a completely unnatural position so not sure how it got through.

Just now, jamesp26 said:

I don't fully understand when VAR gets used or not at times like this. Remember in the Man U vs Aston Villa game Danny Ings had a goal disallowed by VAR and they seemed to look every incident leading up to the goal. Didn't someone say in this instance it wasn't looked at because the handball player wasn't the goal scorer? I have no idea! In that shot, hand in a completely unnatural position so not sure how it got through.

I mean the whole point in VAR being used is for situations like this, and other scenarios that the referee doesn’t see, gets picked up on. Puzzles me why this was never picked up on at the time. Too inconsistent if you ask me.

3 hours ago, Yes said:

We’re at fault at the end of the day, but yeah, on another day the guy who scored the goals is sent off, if it was Soyuncu on Bergwijn I’m confident it’s a red.

What’s the handball rules saying these days as well? I know last season it would’ve been disallowed. To be fair VAR probably thought the game was over and had switched the game off. 

14A74632-8F7F-4E69-8518-2E1ABB19A627.thumb.jpeg.222729d31dd0558134ddfbbeed421050.jpeg

Like I said it’s on us, but ref/var probably saves us on another day.

He’s not making his body ‘bigger’ with the position of his hands and it’s not deliberate handball. The law was changed last summer 

Accidental handball that leads to a team-mate scoring a goal or having a goal-scoring opportunity will no longer be considered an offence.

• Thanks 1

Ah ok. So handball is only deemed intentional if you make your body bigger? I thought it was just hands being in an unnatural position. Where he hands are are actually allowing him to control the ball and stop it bounding in the wrong direction. 

Edited by jamesp26

9 minutes ago, jamesp26 said:

It was as if they didn’t want the goal to be allowed the amount of things the looked at only to rule the goal out for Cavanni to run into Ramsey and theatrically dive over !

1 minute ago, jamesp26 said:

Ah ok. So handball is only deemed accidental if you make your body bigger? I thought it was just hands being in an unnatural position. Where he hands are are actually allowing him to control the ball and stop it bounding in the wrong direction. 

Body bigger = intentional. (I assume it was a typo by you)

unnatural position is difficult - could be argued that if you think the ball is going to be booted towards your face then you may raise your hands to protect it - it doesn’t increase the size of your profile.  Cags should have just stuck it in the family stand - that’s the way he was facing - even if we concede from the corner then at least we get a draw ….

• Like 1

Moss was absolutely fine last night. As mentioned in his own dedicated thread, he missed the odd thing but nothing major.  He should’ve sent Bergwijn off…. But only after he’d scored the winner for entering the crowd as a second yellow. 

To go to the thread title. Yep the officials need to be better, but until something really drastic changes at the top, it won’t.