Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

The incompetence of Premier League referees !

Isn’t it about time the Premier League sorted a way of Auditing the awful biased officiating we see week in week out in this league, surely the lack of competent officials we have who even have trouble deciding the correct decision even when it happens right in front of them either on the field of play or a video screen Beggars belief at times and the biased officiating that benefits the old top 6 is just laughable can’t the League see how awful these referees are and if they do why are they not disciplined?

Surely the best way to go would be to have a European pool of officials that officiated around Europe and they could alternate between leagues and games rather than have the same dross week in week out send the likes of Moss Tierney Madley etc to other leagues rather than have these incompetent whistleblowing biased Cockwombles every week  !

Football is a huge money making & losing business and a referee can make a dreadful decision to be the one to send a team down with his dreadful officiating putting some clubs into financial dire straits not only the clubs but the people who work hard behind the scene, so shouldn’t these dreadful officials be made accountable do what rugby does mile up the ref to let the fans know why he’s made a decision !

• Like 1

We’re at fault at the end of the day, but yeah, on another day the guy who scored the goals is sent off, if it was Soyuncu on Bergwijn I’m confident it’s a red.

What’s the handball rules saying these days as well? I know last season it would’ve been disallowed. To be fair VAR probably thought the game was over and had switched the game off. 

14A74632-8F7F-4E69-8518-2E1ABB19A627.thumb.jpeg.222729d31dd0558134ddfbbeed421050.jpeg

Like I said it’s on us, but ref/var probably saves us on another day.

1 hour ago, smallpauldj said:

Agree, i can't believe people are saying it wasn't a red. Violent conduct in the rules states showing over aggressive behaviour towards a player is a red. 2 hand shoving someone in the chest don't meet this criteria now apparently. 

Not one good official be it ref or linesman in the whole of the prem, they are so easy to con and VAR is no better, how many times do you see 6 or more players surrounding the ref, when that was one of the things that was supposed to be clamped down on. Linesmen only show a flag after the ref has made the decision for them. The whole game needs sorting from top to bottom

53 minutes ago, Yes said:

We’re at fault at the end of the day, but yeah, on another day the guy who scored the goals is sent off, if it was Soyuncu on Bergwijn I’m confident it’s a red.

What’s the handball rules saying these days as well? I know last season it would’ve been disallowed. To be fair VAR probably thought the game was over and had switched the game off. 

14A74632-8F7F-4E69-8518-2E1ABB19A627.thumb.jpeg.222729d31dd0558134ddfbbeed421050.jpeg

Like I said it’s on us, but ref/var probably saves us on another day.

Do we know if VAR even looked at it? Again it's another case of our players being too nice. The 2-handed shove would normally involve players of other teams piling in swinging handbags which would result in a red. 

2 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Do we know if VAR even looked at it? Again it's another case of our players being too nice. The 2-handed shove would normally involve players of other teams piling in swinging handbags which would result in a red. 

I bet they had a quick look at the shove and decided against a red, the handball it doesn’t seem like they did.

Yes, they have a right to have a certain amount of protection - but it really would be ideal where they were to required to do a post-match interview; and to be asked by the interviewer about why they decided on certain decisions in the way they have done.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

This thread wouldn't be a thing if we hadn't conceded two horrific goals in 30 seconds last night.

Stop trying to shift blame.

Agreed.

Spurs were much better than us and deserved to win. Could have been 3 up at half time.

Although I did think Moss was poor, I don't think his performance influnced the game too much.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

What else could Rodgers have done? I agree with the ref and players being awful but he did his bit. 

I feel this has been covered extensively since the final whistle but the shape was appalling, as was his lack of any leadership from the touchline.

Why did we persist all game with a 352 when their main threat was Harry Kane who kept dropping deep, pulling Soyuncu or Vestergaard with him like two little lost puppies, losing them and getting chances? There was zero need to have three central defenders yet we were desperate for a more aggressive, defensively minded midfielder to be sat in front of the centre backs closing down that space that Kane was occupying. And wouldn't you know it, we had one on the pitch - bizarrely playing as a right sided CB in a back three!?

Why were we pushing to score a third in the 92nd, 93rd minute and stretching the game with him just standing there completely allowing it?

Why did we finish with Tielemans and Maddison, whose contribution defensively all game was poor, still on the field milling around the middle when we're trying to shut a game out? I can sort of tolerate Soumare coming on for KDH if KDH was injured but otherwise it's a honking substitution.

He could have sat in a low block for the last five minutes with:

Albrighton, Soyuncu, Vestergard, Justin

Soumare, Chodhury,

Barnes, Tielemans, Maddison, Lookman

(or better yet:

Soumare, Chodhury, KDH

Barnes, Maddison, Lookman

if KDH wasn't actually hurt)

How on Earth would they have scored? They had no creativity on the pitch, they're absolutely honking at breaking teams down. They had a bunch of defensive midfielders, a couple of mid-table wingers and a Harry Kane desperate for service. Tottenham had struggled offensively for the last few years and just as we should have shut them down after going ahead to them in the fatal game at the end of last season, we should have shut them down last night.

That comes from the manager. In both instances he let us just keep trying to attack, stretch the game, leave gaps all over the fvcking place and get annihilated from broken field. The only way Tottenham were going to score is if we continued to leave the game open and we did.

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 4

How can people say the ref wasnt to blame. If Jon Moss had done his job and sent Bergwijn off for the 2 handed push on Cags he is not on the pitch to score 2 goals. Imagine the uproar from Klopp or Pep if that had happened to one of their players.  As far as ive seen its hardly been mentioned in the press but if it happened against a 'big 6 team it would have an inquiry led by Sue Gray looking into it'. 

• Like 1

You know why it wasn't mentioned? Because it's ludicrous to suggest it was a red.

It's a push, not even enough to push a player over but Soyuncu goes down like a poundland Neymar.

I don't know how it's even a talking point, I was laughing at a CB going down like that. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NAKC20 said:

So from now on then its ok for players to go round pushing others over 2 handed having cleary dived to try and win a penalty

Yet, you can basically stroke someones cheek and it's a red card. It annoys the hell out of me lol

Neither are reds in my opinion yet the much more aggressive one is punished less.

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

This thread wouldn't be a thing if we hadn't conceded two horrific goals in 30 seconds last night.

Stop trying to shift blame.

I totally agree we only have ourselves to blame but these damn incompetent officials are ruining the game, and I’m Not trying to shift the blame was going to post this for Carabao cup game with Liverpool the lad who went in with that dangerous tackle on Ricky P ending up having a broken leg, the tackle on Albrighton deserved a yellow Jota elbow in Luke Thomas’s face nothing done,Vardy being pulled back before they equalised and a few more contentious decisions that allowed Liverpool to win the tie!

Then John Moss last night his performance was awful the tackles going in first half he let slide the constant 2 handing pushing DAKA off the ball to name a few and also not one spurs player got booked for jumping in the crowd causing that debacle Football needs to make referees accountable for their actions and decisions !

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NAKC20 said:

How can people say the ref wasnt to blame. If Jon Moss had done his job and sent Bergwijn off for the 2 handed push on Cags he is not on the pitch to score 2 goals. Imagine the uproar from Klopp or Pep if that had happened to one of their players.  As far as ive seen its hardly been mentioned in the press but if it happened against a 'big 6 team it would have an inquiry led by Sue Gray looking into it'. 

If Bergwijn isn't there to receive the ball, someone else is. We give it away and they are quick on the counter. The pass from Kane, which split our defence, was superb.

4 minutes ago, NAKC20 said:

So from now on then its ok for players to go round pushing others over 2 handed having cleary dived to try and win a penalty

Clearly it wasn't. He was booked. It wasn't a red card offence.

It's amazing how often Refs are incompetent when we lose but fine when we win. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I think people are objecting to what they see as fans "blaming" the ref because it takes responsibility away from the players and manager who, without any question at all, conspired to throw away three points last night. There's a screenshot somewhere that I think @Koke posted of the score at 2 - 1 on 94:58 or something in a 95 minute game. It's completely ridiculous that we weren't able to close the game out.

So you get posters like @Sol thewall Bamba above (quite rightly to an extent) telling people to stop shifting the blame.

Like I said in the Jon Moss thread, however, the two things aren't mutually exclusive. It's true that all three of our manager, our players AND the referee were awful in the dying minutes of that game.

Doherty clearly handballs it and Bergwijn we can debate all day but he either should get two separate yellows for two separate incidents within about five seconds of each other or should have had a straight red for violent conduct, depending on how you look at it. Personally, I think there's more than enough precedent to give him a straight red for the retaliation alone but then I do accept my bias. Although, that said, I wouldn't be angry at a ref for sending a player of ours off for the reaction that SB gave.

It's entirely valid to be upset at the standard of officiating, especially given that Jon Moss has a track record for consistent incompetence and ESPECIALLY given that this is a man that sent one of our players off for a dive less blatant than Bergwijn's last night. Even the BBC in an editorial they've written this morning jerking Bergwijn off have admitted it was a ridiculously blatant dive and an embarassment.

We've every right to be upset at the level of officiating just as we also have every right to be furious that our players and manager had an absolute meltdown and let that situation slip.

Yes we threw away 3 points last night with diabolical comical defending but these referees who are biased to the old top 6 need who put arms round the likes of Kane etc laughing and joking giving them dodgy decisions free kicks for nothing one comes to mind Luke Thomas being elbowed in the face by Jota on carabao cup game got nothing then Thomas fell over with a Liverpool player he was given a yellow for a foul that never was !

The inconsistency has to be taken from the game yes they can’t be right all the time but some are just too Damon awful & should not be able to officiate !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dormelcfc said:

Yes the refereeing wasn't of the best standard but there is no one else to blame for last night's capitulation than us. 

We lost that game, not the referee.

Yes we were to blame but Miss didn’t help the game at all allowing Spurs to 2 handed push our players off the ball with no caution and Bergwijn diving and the foul on Souyuncu the spurs fans jumping into the crowd causing a mele no cards given, Moss is a serial incompetent referee who favours the old top 6 he’s an embarrassment!

6 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

You know why it wasn't mentioned? Because it's ludicrous to suggest it was a red.

It's a push, not even enough to push a player over but Soyuncu goes down like a poundland Neymar.

I don't know how it's even a talking point, I was laughing at a CB going down like that. 

Just look & heed how shithouse-walls built GKs & CBs, go down like ten-pins every game, in the so called Hardest League in the world....

Oh a push is a push, which in football is a foul..Handball is also a foul..

They didnt score from a numerous crop of fair chances...Whether a Team has more chances & possesion is totally irrelevant, just like we proved in our

title season.  Last Night I thought Moss & officials had a fair game until the 95th minute...Take their eyeline & VAR, we were undone  by attrocious decision

making across the board....Whether we were poor for 80 to 95 minutes, is totally imaterial, we kept them at bay until that bad descision, other teams were also

robbed, on an Area of football, that should now be easy to Pick up on......

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I feel this has been covered extensively since the final whistle but the shape was appalling, as was his lack of any leadership from the touchline.

Why did we persist all game with a 352 when their main threat was Harry Kane who kept dropping deep, pulling Soyuncu or Vestergaard with him like two little lost puppies, losing them and getting chances? There was zero need to have three central defenders yet we were desperate for a more aggressive, defensively minded midfielder to be sat in front of the centre backs closing down that space that Kane was occupying. And wouldn't you know it, we had one on the pitch - bizarrely playing as a right sided CB in a back three!?

Why were we pushing to score a third in the 92nd, 93rd minute and stretching the game with him just standing there completely allowing it?

Why did we finish with Tielemans and Maddison, whose contribution defensively all game was poor, still on the field milling around the middle when we're trying to shut a game out? I can sort of tolerate Soumare coming on for KDH if KDH was injured but otherwise it's a honking substitution.

He could have sat in a low block for the last five minutes with:

Soumare, Chodhury,

Barnes, Tielemans, Maddison, Lookman

(or better yet:

Soumare, Chodhury, KDH

Barnes, Maddison, Lookman

if KDH wasn't actually hurt)

How on Earth would they have scored? They had no creativity on the pitch, they're absolutely honking at breaking teams down. They had a bunch of defensive midfielders, a couple of mid-table wingers and a Harry Kane desperate for service. Tottenham had struggled offensively for the last few years and just as we should have shut them down after going ahead to them in the fatal game at the end of last season, we should have shut them down last night.

That comes from the manager. In both instances he let us just keep trying to attack, stretch the game, leave gaps all over the fvcking place and get annihilated from broken field. The only way Tottenham were going to score is if we continued to leave the game open and we did.

Should of done what some other managers would have done with 5 min to go Park the fuching bus !

11 minutes ago, Flappit said:

Clearly it wasn't. He was booked. It wasn't a red card offence.

It's amazing how often Refs are incompetent when we lose but fine when we win. 

The law says if you raise 2 hands to a player or official even if there is NO contact its a red card. Another thing, and it wouldn't have changed the result ,why wasn't he booked for going into the crowd after he scored his second goal?

Its not just sour grapes but every week in every match there are decisions being made that just don't make sense and the FA or whoever need to realise the standard of officiating is simply not good enough or consistent enough to keep up with the speed and skill of todays games.