Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
C-man

Fickle Boneheads

After we got rid of Micky Adams last year, Chandler was giving it large about us being 'fickle boneheads' forcing Adams out etc.... Well, i dished out a fair amount of criticism to him just like the majority of you. But now, i am starting to think that some of you are fickle.

We draw 1 game and its all this 'Levein Out' bullshiit. This forum is getting me down about leicester city, i used to like it on here.

I'll admit, Levein hasnt won as many games as we have expected, and some of his tactics are bemusing, but hes done well with no money, got some reasonable players in and we are starting to look slightly more settled as regards to contracts and the stem of the team.

Until some of you lot grow some bolllocks and admit we are not a good team, we'll forever be wanting rid of our managers. Either do that, or please explain to me how we will be better without Levein, with good reasons, not 'because he's crap' or 'because we should get George Burley'. These simply are not good enough reasons, Levein is the right man for the job at the moment.

lets get behind him and the team and give them some support.

Rant Over.

Spot on.

EDIT: Apart from the bit about us being a 'good team', well, I wouldn't say we're 'good' compared to some of the teams in this division but we are showing improvements in some areas. At the end of the day, that's all I wanted from this season, consolidation and improvement on last season.

After we got rid of Micky Adams last year, Chandler was giving it large about us being 'fickle boneheads' forcing Adams out etc.... Well, i dished out a fair amount of criticism to him just like the majority of you. But now, i am starting to think that some of you are fickle.

We draw 1 game and its all this 'Levein Out' bullshiit. This forum is getting me down about leicester city, i used to like it on here.

I'll admit, Levein hasnt won as many games as we have expected, and some of his tactics are bemusing, but hes done well with no money, got some reasonable players in and we are starting to look slightly more settled as regards to contracts and the stem of the team.

Until some of you lot grow some bolllocks and admit we are not a good team, we'll forever be wanting rid of our managers. Either do that, or please explain to me how we will be better without Levein, with good reasons, not 'because he's crap' or 'because we should get George Burley'. These simply are not good enough reasons, Levein is the right man for the job at the moment.

Rant Over.

:thumbup:

Craig hasnt done enough to warrant being sent off yet. I think folk (even me) just feel annoyed at the equaliser, and craig is the obvious choice for discontent, which is fair seeing as we pay a large amount of money to him, but the scale of critisism is too much.

End of discussion regarding who is to blame for our league position. The original post suggests that Levein should be excused as apparently we're now just 'not a good team'.

Who put the team together? Who bought the players? Who decides the tactics?

That's my point.

Any other questions Louise?

End of discussion regarding who is to blame for our league position. The original post suggests that Levein should be excused as apparently we're now just 'not a good team'.

Who put the team together? Who bought the players? Who decides the tactics?

That's my point.

But surely what you have said is just your opinion, and you can't stop other people from expressing theirs, so how is it the 'end of' the discussion?

Any other questions Louise?

If they believe that progression of historical epochs is inevitable, why do Marxists advocate trying to change the world?

His tactics are ridiculous at times.

He continues to play Kisnorbo , why?! he is absoloutely terrible.

Sometimes I think that Levein has not got a scooby tactically , and sometimes it seems that he cant motivate players.

But if Hume and Hughes start on saturday like they should do , and even if we dont beat Sheffield Utd we have a good go at them , then I'll be 'appy.

But if he continues to leave those on the bench , make silly subs , get the tactics wrong time after time and play Skippy in the center then we have to ask questions.

When Smith goes , we're fooked.

I cant see us creating chances never mind scoring without him in the team.

But Im willing to give Levein till the end of Jan see what players he brings in , and how we are preforming in the league.

And when he keeps saying we're almost there in terms of being a force in this division is laughable :mellow:

His tactics are ridiculous at times.

He continues to play Kisnorbo , why?! he is absoloutely terrible.

Sometimes I think that Levein has not got a scooby tactically , and sometimes it seems that he cant motivate players.

But if Hume and Hughes start on saturday like they should do , and even if we dont beat Sheffield Utd we have a good go at them , then I'll be 'appy.

But if he continues to leave those on the bench , make silly subs , get the tactics wrong time after time and play Skippy in the center then we have to ask questions.

When Smith goes , we're fooked.

I cant see us creating chances never mind scoring without him in the team.

But Im willing to give Levein till the end of Jan see what players he brings in , and how we are preforming in the league.

And when he keeps saying we're almost there in terms of being a force in this division is laughable :mellow:

Hughes is not fit enough to play 90 minutes!

But surely what you have said is just your opinion, and you can't stop other people from expressing theirs, so how is it the 'end of' the discussion?

1) Using the word 'surely' suggests I do not know something which is sure or certain, it is patronising.

2) JUST my opinion? Yes.. it's JUST my opinion, obviously not worth as much as yours.

3) I'm not stopping others from expressing their opinion. The thread is still open, people can still post. As far as I'm concerned, the buck stops with Levein.

See, we can all critically disect each other's posts to make each other look bad.

Perhaps I should play the victim and cry 'bully'??

If they believe that progression of historical epochs is inevitable, why do Marxists advocate trying to change the world?

Because sometimes no matter how much you feel that something is inevitable, you can't help but try to change things. I'd say that the Marxist ideology clashes with human nature in that way... Humans while always strive to achieve what they see as being 'progress.' The desperation to avert or affect the inevitable is what makes Shakespeare's tragedies great.

The true answer to the above is that I don't know. Anyone else care to have a go?

First, let me state that a part of me still thinks Levein is the right man for the job. I don't particularly want to see him go on his way, because that would enforce another managerial merry-go-round that I dont particularly want.

I see Levein has done a good job in bringin in some quality players, many of which have some caps for their country at either under 21 level or at full international level. I recognise that he has done this on a tight budget.

However,

Against Sheff Utd, the starting line-up he put out was very bad, and not one that I nor did alot of people agree with. Also his tactics on Tuesday were alot of the time, very poor, we did not play to our strengths, nor did we play in a suitable way to beat Watford.

His substitutions again on Tuesday, were very poor, he brought Smith off and replaced him with Tiatto, a man who is not half the player Smith is, and a player with nowhere near the same amount of creativity, and ultimately this sub cost us the goal that in turn cost us the match. Ok Smith may have been injured it turns out but we could have shifted formation. And why Dublin came on I do not know.

I realise Hughes was still not 100% match fit, as he ad only just come back from injury, andhad played the last 15 minutes against Burnley, and possibly couldnt be rejuvenated for Watford, however, Hume should have been playing instead of Hammond.

Like Muz said, I am wiling to give Levein till the end of January, but at the moment, he isnt doing himself any favours.

Pull you finger out Craig :rolleyes:

First, let me state that a part of me still thinks Levein is the right man for the job. I don't particularly want to see him go on his way, because that would enforce another managerial merry-go-round that I dont particularly want.

I see Levein has done a good job in bringin in some quality players, many of which have some caps for their country at either under 21 level or at full international level. I recognise that he has done this on a tight budget.

However,

Against Sheff Utd, the starting line-up he put out was very bad, and not one that I nor did alot of people agree with. Also his tactics on Tuesday were alot of the time, very poor, we did not play to our strengths, nor did we play in a suitable way to beat Watford.

His substitutions again on Tuesday, were very poor, he brought Smith off and replaced him with Tiatto, a man who is not half the player Smith is, and a player with nowhere near the same amount of creativity, and ultimately this sub cost us the goal that in turn cost us the match. Ok Smith may have been injured it turns out but we could have shifted formation. And why Dublin came on I do not know.

I realise Hughes was still not 1000% match fit, as he ad only just come back from injury, andhad played the last 15 minutes against Burnley, and possibly couldnt be rejuvenated for Watford, however, Hume should have been playing instead of Hammond.

Like Muz said, I am wiling to give Levein till the end of January, but at the moment, he isnt doing himself any favours.

Pull you finger out Craig :rolleyes:

Spot on mate.

All we can do is wait and see.

We draw 1 game and its all this 'Levein Out' bullshiit.

It isn't one game...it's about 10 - give him 10 games people said 4/5 games in...

but hes done well with no money

I fail to see how spending £200,000 (possibly) on gilbert but playing him in the reserves then telling him to bu99er off, spending however much on hume and not ever playing him is good business.

admit we are not a good team,

No at the minute we are not a good team, but we should be. Man for man we should be up there with every team in the league, hughes, gudjonsson, gerrbrand, smith are all players that could hack it in the premiership. As james says, the buck stops with the manager, the players performing comes down to the manager, it's his team, that's what he is paid for. Otherwise just employ someone to make transfers if sorting the team out isn't his responsibility....

Levein is the right man for the job at the moment.

Believe it or not, I think so too:

But I think he needs to pull his head out of his own arse and realise he's making wrong decisions. Things wont just happen on their own!

How are you getting on anyway Benji, mate?

good pal, putting in the hours at home and at work for my exams/earn money. Sort of given me a kick up the arse now i'm getting offers coming through

hows you?

(we might as well digress, we are criticising Levein so we're not welcome in an 'everything is perfect' thread :ph34r::whistle: )

It's his team, the buck stops with him.

End of.

That's such a lazy argument, it doesn't take into consideration any of the mechanics of football. Things really aren't that black and white, you simply can't judge a manager/team in our situation by results or league position alone. You need to look at the larger picture and judge him on more than just the final score line.

Maybe if you went to some of the matches you'd see beyond the final score? Now, before you get defensive that's not meant as a slur on you or your commitment to the club. It's just an undeniable fact - if you attend regularly you are in a more informed position from which to offer opinion.

As I said, if you'd gone to the Watford match you'd have seen that we performed well all over the picth for the majority of the game. You'd have seen the good things that Kisnorbo, MDV, Hammond etc contibute and you'd also see the mistakes that Smith, Gerrbrand, Stearman etc make. That is, you'd have a more balanced view and a better appreciation of both the teams performance and the individual players performances. You'd have seen a Leicetser team contain a Watford team who are third in the league, full of confidence and promising talent. A Leicetser team that, and this really needs stressing, was picked by CL. In fact, largely a team of players that were brought to this club by CL.

Okay, so the substitutions made were a bit wonky, I didn't see the point of them tbh (except for Smith), but, at the same time I don't think they overly contributed to the equaliser. Watford didn't equalise because they all of a sudden got command of the game due to 'tactically inept substitutions', as some would have us believe. Things didn't change that much after the subs. The reason Watford equalised was becuase they were bloody lucky, caught the defence off guard with a speculative punt into the box. Shit happens in football, that's just the way it is. Football isn't fair, it never has been.

Seems to me like too many people are over reacting to the negatives whenever we lose. Seems to me that too many people are over simplifying the possible solutions to our current problems. Seems to me that too many people are too easily dismissing the posistives about our performances/players. Seems to me like a lot of people need to take a step back, have a good think about where we've been over the past 2 years and hopefully get a more realistic perspective on what is/was/will be achievable this season.

A lot of the above is true mate. It was a lazy argument on my behalf. But I've stated my reasons for having lost faith in Levein before so many times, I just cannot be bothered any more.

I don't think he has what it takes in terms of tactical thinking or motivational prowess and I'm now starting to doubt his man-management skills too.

I appreciate I haven't been to many games.. as you say, it's an undeniable truth. I've only seen City play twice this year and one of those occassions was on Sky.

I believe I am realistic. I'm not demanding promotion. I'm not demanding anything. I just haven't seen much improvement under CL. The average age of the squad has been reduced, which is indeed a welcome change.. but already I'm very concerned that performance and results wise, CL doesn't have what it takes.

Archived