Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SkidsFox

Booing a national anthem.

11 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

It's a bit different when the anthem is being played with two teams of your country 

It is, and if they were consistent they shouldn't really attend a football event held in the capital city of that country. But their choice I suppose.

As I said in yesterday's FA Cup thread ... the Liverpool fans might want to think about the phrase that "respect is a two way street".

If they want people to show them respect ie not singing "feed the scoucers" or blaming them for Hillsborough, then maybe they need to show a bit of respect for institutions that other people might hold dear to their heart.   Even if they personally don't like the country they live in, the police, the media, the Monarchy, the National Anthem, or whatever.

8 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

The anthem represents a broken hereditary system of power which sits above a broken system of government, boo away 

This, never boo but never sing. I'm not a fan of the monarchy. I think it's fine for it to be there kind of as a tourist attraction and historical kind of thing but it should be dramatically scaled back. Personally find god save the queen a bit weird to be the anthem in the modern age. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Two things I don’t believe in, God and a monarchy. Though I wouldn’t boo it because I’m respectful, I don’t begrudge those who do, especially from a city which has been crapped on by the establishment for years. 

If we scrapped the monarchy, abolished The Sun newspaper and the Tory party, paid the people of Liverpool reparations for the years of perceived suffering and changed the national anthem to YNWA.

They would still boo and make themselves dislikeable.