Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

10 years have passed...

Yeah, what a great picture. But I was also posting it because I stumbled upon Eric Cantona again. Is he just a Leeds and ManU hero or do other fans from other clubs admire him as well? Or is he a "love him or hate him" figure? Certainly, the era he was playing in was not the most friendly one, English football still suffered from the events in the 80ies.

But to be honest, personalities like him, Gazza or Vinnie Jones are rare these days. And now that Roy Keane has left... (But who cares about a bonebreaker anyway? lol)

Yeah, what a great picture. But I was also posting it because I stumbled upon Eric Cantona again. Is he just a Leeds and ManU hero or do other fans from other clubs admire him as well? Or is he a "love him or hate him" figure? Certainly, the era he was playing in was not the most friendly one, English football still suffered from the events in the 80ies.

But to be honest, personalities like him, Gazza or Vinnie Jones are rare these days. And now that Roy Keane has left... (But who cares about a bonebreaker anyway? lol)

Wish the game was full of characters like him. The authorities are gradually taking the soul out of the game with their petty regulations which have referees whistling like the old guards on London stations and writing names like pissed off traffic wardens writing car numbers.

It happened to tennis. The McEnroe's and Nastase's have become extinct to be replaced by sanitised players in what's become an antiseptic game.

No-one's allowed to have a personality on the football field now. Someone protests about a stupid decision - because he cares - and the guy gets booked. Run off the field waving your shirt - booking. Sanisation. That's what it is and our society is getting the same.

A saw a sticker on a car yesterday that summed it all up:

"If you enjoy it --- better ban it."

Wish the game was full of characters like him. The authorities are gradually taking the soul out of the game with their petty regulations which have referees whistling like the old guards on London stations and writing names like pissed off traffic wardens writing car numbers.

It happened to tennis. The McEnroe's and Nastase's have become extinct to be replaced by sanitised players in what's become an antiseptic game.

No-one's allowed to have a personality on the football field now. Someone protests about a stupid decision - because he cares - and the guy gets booked. Run off the field waving your shirt - booking. Sanisation. That's what it is and our society is getting the same.

A saw a sticker on a car yesterday that summed it all up:

"If you enjoy it --- better ban it."

Absolutely spot on..

Well said. :thumbup:

Players like Cantona, Best etc, well I suppose you hate to come up against them but you have to admire their sheer ability. I am a big fan of Eric Cantona.

I don't think you'd find many people who say they 'hate' Best, Cantona, Lineker or other players of that ilk.

Have to say I admired Cantona

General hate figures tend to be players like

• Shearer
  • Rooney
  • Speedie
  • Savage
  • Collymore
  • Ferguson
  • Batty
  • Bowyer

Emmerdale and that Catherine Tate thing (or whatever her name is)

It's just getting worse!

I dont actually remember saying I liked Catherine Tate. If you are referring to the 'bothered pocket' thing then thats nowt to do with her. You are so grumpy Jim!

Archived