Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

8 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I suppose that's a possible Reason 5. :D

But I'd argue that reason is only reliable much closer to the election. I know Labour are well ahead in the polls now, but even if they only closed somewhat - say, to a 10-point lead - then the result would absolutely not be guaranteed.

In general, a struggling govt tends to claw back some support during its final year. Some pre-election cash will be handed out in tax cuts or public spending, inflation and interest rates might have fallen a bit, right-wing media will trash Lab credibility etc. At the moment, it looks like the Tories are heading for opposition (and maybe even a truly massive defeat), but that could change a fair bit in the next year.

Out of curiosity, what sort of seat are you in? Con safe seat, Lab/LD seat, marginal? 

To be fair I agree and was being a bit tongue in cheek. Traditionally in a Tory, LD target seat but now it won't matter at all as I'm in a very safe Labour seat. Would probably end up voting Labour if it was a Labour target seat that was held by Tories.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lionator said:

The UK left suffers from ‘Owen Jones syndrome’ aka I don’t care how many people suffer as long as I’m morally right. 

puritan legacy, same in the US. Explains a lot of things in contemporary British society