Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

7 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Yes I saw this earlier, and hoped @grobyfox1990is OK.

From what the BBC are reporting it sounds like a gas leak that the fire brigade went out to beforehand.

Mental, thanks for your message. Woke up at 4am with the whole flat rocking, nearly fell out of bed. Could see the flames from my bedroom window. I’ve moved to jersey and they’ve had unseasonably bad weather, 3 fishermen dying and now this…

• Sad 9

6 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Mental, thanks for your message. Woke up at 4am with the whole flat rocking, nearly fell out of bed. Could see the flames from my bedroom window. I’ve moved to jersey and they’ve had unseasonably bad weather, 3 fishermen dying and now this…

Jesus mate that’s terrifying.  Glad you’re ok.  Horrible thing to happen.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Hope your OK mate 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Milo said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-63859184

Incurable cancer cleared in Leicester girl.

This is pretty amazing 

My lad was due to take the place of a team mate today who couldn't make their game because they were visiting his cousin who's had leukaemia, but I only found out this morning the extent of the good news.

So much crap stuff going on in the world at the minute it's easy to forget that there are still people doing brilliant things that make life better

• Like 3

Bloody hell, I hope those kids that fell into the lake in Solihull come through alright.

Always find it unbelievable that folk of any age do things that daft, but how do you stop it?

My missus is from round there and when I asked her if she knew the place where it happened, she said yes and that she too used to go on the frozen lake with her mates when she was young. Mind boggles.

Edit: from what I've seen on the websites of our lower quality news outlets it sounds likely that two kids have died. Awful

Edited by Bellend Sebastian

8 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Bloody hell, I hope those kids that fell into the lake in Solihull come through alright.

Always find it unbelievable that folk of any age do things that daft, but how do you stop it?

My missus is from round there and when I asked her if she knew the place where it happened, she said yes and that she too used to go on the frozen lake with her mates when she was young. Mind boggles.

Edit: from what I've seen on the websites of our lower quality news outlets it sounds likely that two kids have died. Awful

just round the corner from me. heartbreaking stuff. spoke to my sisters last night and explained how dangerous it can be, doesn’t bear thinking about 

On 10/12/2022 at 14:59, Wymsey said:

No political debates, please..:whistle:

This is very disheartening and nerve-wracking..:cry:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-63928336

I got caught up in the crossfire of this simultaneously posting a comment in the Ukraine thread with no political intent whatsoever. Two day ban and a warning point for political  'spamming'. You have to laugh because for the large part I've tried to remain apolitical on this forum. Come to think of it, I did chime in about the RMT that morning though. :unsure:

Edited by Line-X
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Agreed - bet the parents feel so guilty. In hindsight the kids I think are between 9-11 so at the age where they want to be off out doing stuff, and at that age you feel invincible. Completely shocking and thoughts with all the families involved and the emergency services who came to help and put their own lives in danger.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

Agreed - bet the parents feel so guilty. In hindsight the kids I think are between 9-11 so at the age where they want to be off out doing stuff, and at that age you feel invincible. Completely shocking and thoughts with all the families involved and the emergency services who came to help and put their own lives in danger.

I think back to some of the stuff we did as kids and wonder how we survived, you do think you're invincible, you have no comprehension of danger or consequence.

I'm sure their parents warned them, ours did about things, but their words were largely ignored as you just considered them to be spoiling your fun.

Sadly, sometimes those warnings come to fruition, as in this very sad situation.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I remember back in the 60s Groby Pool being frozen and there were 100s of people on it. Mind you it had been frozen for a long time. People used to skate on the frozen Thames in Victorian times. I guess some people just aren’t able to make these kind of judgements, sadly.

3 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

I think back to some of the stuff we did as kids and wonder how we survived, you do think you're invincible, you have no comprehension of danger or consequence.

I'm sure their parents warned them, ours did about things, but their words were largely ignored as you just considered them to be spoiling your fun.

Sadly, sometimes those warnings come to fruition, as in this very sad situation.

3 hours ago, davieG said:

I remember back in the 60s Groby Pool being frozen and there were 100s of people on it. Mind you it had been frozen for a long time. People used to skate on the frozen Thames in Victorian times. I guess some people just aren’t able to make these kind of judgements, sadly.

I was talking to my own kids about this last night, and whilst I don't worry about them a huge amount because, like me, they're naturally pretty cautious, it really felt like it was going in one ear and out the other.

Mind you, my friend was telling me about how he had a very solemn conversation with his lad about how dangerous it is to climb on roofs, and was convinced that message had got through and days later he was one of a group of children caught and roundly bollocked for climbing on the roof of the venue of a wedding they were guests at.

What can you do?

58 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

Get your bank loans now, boys and girls!  Money is still cheap.

Hmm I wouldn't say cheap, in comparison to the last decade. Still cheap compared to the 70's and 80's and you'll quickly be reminded how high interest rates were back in the day and how easy people have it today.