Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alfie.meadsy

JJB Sports.

7 hours ago, SystonFox said:

and the big one in leicester city centre was great. basketball court, putting greens already been mentioned.

back when sports shops were decent and not just full of any old tat aka sports direct dot com

yea it was a good store used to get boots they always had stuff going on as well, shame it closed.

I remember swapping a barcode for a fifa world cup ball from the fake one onto the real one, so got a fifa ball for like a tenner was a good idea at the time, wouldn't do it now im older like lol good ball though

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Mike Ashley ****ed them over with his cheap re-branded rubbish.

The man's a cwunt.

Can’t stand him. To be honest sadly Sports Direct drove them out of business. Much prefer JJB Sports. Big stores and it actually felt like an experience to go to like the basketball court and in my local one it had a football pitch inside! He has essentially turned businesses such as Game in to a little section of the store now. And he also treats his employees horribly!

37 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I seem to recall there being one attached Derby's stadium? Perhaps i am imagining it though.

12 minutes ago, Alfie.meadsy said:

Don’t think this is the one. However this one looks interesting…

F0F92A00-2BF3-461A-9936-E2B957AA0066.jpeg

That store is not attached to the stadium but opposite it.   It got bought out by DW Warehouse and there was also an indoor five a side pitches that had a fire outbreak.   The last I heard is that half of these pitches have been converted to a trampolining park.  

11 hours ago, TK95 said:

JJB was much better than Sports Direct and DW Sports. Was a real shame it went 

When DW sports took over some JJB Sports stores. They kept them the same as they were before. The hangers where still the old JJB ones and in my local one their was still JJB signage all over. 

30 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Think it was the one in town where i spent like 20 minutes signing up for a store credit card simply cos the girl at the til was hot!

That was horrendous. We were targeted on how many credit cards and shoe whiteners we could sell in a week.

I refused to do it cos it was an absolute rip off. Eventually they were clamping down and telling everyone they needed to sell one in that week so I just got my mum to come in and sign up for one. No one was any wiser and I was top dog for a week. 😆

Edited by Rain King

9 minutes ago, Rain King said:

That was horrendous. We were targeted on how many credit cards and shoe whiteners we could sell in a week.

I refused to do it cos it was an absolute rip off. Eventually they were clamping down and telling everyone they needed to sell one in that week so I just got my mum to come in and sign up for one. No one was any wiser and I was top dog for a week. 😆

Dont worry, i never used the card and about a year later they contacted me to tell me they were cancelling it!

On 05/03/2023 at 16:20, Rain King said:

My brother used to work at Game! And he used to always be told to shove their membership down customers throat.