Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
marcymarc666

Match of the Day tonight

43 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

I have a weekly argument on twitter regards the blackout. Was arguing the toss with a Tyneside based Arenal fan last week. He was saying 'why do I have to suffer for the pyramid?' I pointed out that Smith-Rowe was signed from Glebe FC and Ramsdale wouldn't be as good with this loan spells lower down. Anywhere that's another debate. 

Fairly play to you for pointing out the obvious to these people who are determined to plate sky sports. It takes a good mindset to keep plugging away to change the narrative around something we as fans can control. Existential but related point - not sure if you follow any of the threads on this forum regarding the changes in our club and people whining about it saying we should do something about it but then doing nothing about it. By plugging away at it we can do something about it.

EDIT - apologies I recognise your username, you are part of those threads LOL 

Edited by grobyfox1990

9 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

We have a 3pm blackout though which makes motd useful. Not sure other countries do. And imo long live the blackout, only a matter of time before the American moneymen get a hold of it and broadcast every match ‘Leeds v Brentford bought to you live by fidelity investments wooooohooooo way to gooo!!!!!’

In this day and age with IPTV’s and whatever else, I don’t think the blackout is as relevant as it used to me. Every match is broadcast worldwide anyway… 

23 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

In this day and age with IPTV’s and whatever else, I don’t think the blackout is as relevant as it used to me. Every match is broadcast worldwide anyway… 

True but I think IPTV and the like is not widely known about and taken up, I'd bet a very small minority of UK football fans use it to watch non-televised games. Easy to get lost in your own echo chamber and assume because streaming is so easy everyone does it, I assumed NFC tickets would be universally welcomed because it is so easy and does away with a 19th century bit of plastic to gain entry, did not see the frothing rage coming...

• Like 1

Part of the issue with only showing short highlights is that other incidents are missed. I've heard about a potential red card for Ricardo in our match (I assume for an early foul) but obviously haven't seen a replay. A full MOTD may have covered it.

9 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Fairly play to you for pointing out the obvious to these people who are determined to plate sky sports. It takes a good mindset to keep plugging away to change the narrative around something we as fans can control. Existential but related point - not sure if you follow any of the threads on this forum regarding the changes in our club and people whining about it saying we should do something about it but then doing nothing about it. By plugging away at it we can do something about it.

EDIT - apologies I recognise your username, you are part of those threads LOL 

Quite aware of that. We moan about it but we are complaint to where football is now in its position. For example, we moan about kick off times yet we all watch the Sunday games 

• Like 1