Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
marcymarc666

Match of the Day tonight

11 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

That said, this attack is particularly hilarious...

- Calling it an "episode"

- Thinking it's noteworthy that all the goals were shown

- Trying to make out that popping out for a half a lager shandy at 10.45pm on a Saturday night is a perfectly normal thing to do

This bloke never ceases to amaze me when it comes to how stupid he can make himself look in the internet.

Sorry lads can't come out tonight, Match of the day is on. Raises the question if he doesn't like the expert analysis so much why is he letting it dictate his Saturday evening?

• Like 1

Didn't bother watching it after the BBC announced the programme would only be 20 minutes long. 

Not only are we supporters being short-changed by footballers feigning injury and refs failing to cut it out this programme should have been the usual hour long without all the punditry so we, the paying public, would have seen more football.

22 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

LOL what are you saying!! So with the unbelievable and numeorus amount of options you have to watch premier league highlights, you only want to watch them in the exact time slot and format of MOTD. But you do not like MOTD. Baffled to say the least

The logical conclusion to come to is that this particular stance is not about MOTD.

It's about the person who fronts it and disagreement with that person on the matter that made them not front the program last night.

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

I’ve heard the bbc are now getting done for not making motd accessible for blind folk!!

I did notice they had radio coverage of the games yesterday and will do today.

Ratings were up apparently but It was a novelty thing so people probably watched and liked it out of curiosity but would never last.

If people don’t like the pundits they don’t have to watch that part.

Commentary is very much needed .

Edited by Super_horns

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

That said, this attack is particularly hilarious...

- Calling it an "episode"

- Thinking it's noteworthy that all the goals were shown

- Trying to make out that popping out for a half a lager shandy at 10.45pm on a Saturday night is a perfectly normal thing to do

This bloke never ceases to amaze me when it comes to how stupid he can make himself look in the internet.

Lmao please tell me that is a parody 

4 hours ago, marcymarc666 said:

All I was saying urban is that I can't stand endlessly waiting for hours to watch the Leicester highlights and get to bed at midnight, especially when we're normally on last ! It was great to get a quick roundup of the goals and not have all the crap analysis in-between.Talk sport between 10 am and 1pm is far superior anyway. 

If you choose to politicise it and make that out to be a right wing comment then I feel sorry for you and you really do need to get a life.

Marc you've been able to access highlights on YouTube, Twitter or Reddit for at least the last 10 years now, if you're still staying up to watch MOTD then that's your fault.

I wasn't going to politicise it but maybe now I will.

I tuned in just out of curiosity (probably the same motivation as millions of others) and actually, found the whole experience to be a perfect allegory for the last 13 years of Tory "leadership":

A working class environment turned into a gentrified playground for millionaires and the corrupt; an iconic British institution robbed of its character and identity; its independence stripped away and replaced by a uniform, joyless, basic but barely functioning program; a whole sector of staff on strike because of said treatment from their government infiltrate employer; experts on the matter completely disregarded; and the vulnerable (visually impaired) left quite literally in the dark without a basic service.

Imagine enjoying that.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

The logical conclusion to come to is that this particular stance is not about MOTD.

It's about the person who fronts it and disagreement with that person on the matter that made them not front the program last night.

Ok so you are saying Marcy mark marc Albrighton Marco mark mark doesn’t like what lineker said about the boat policy and is therefore finding any excuse to find fault with linekers job.

This despite all his other posts pretty much clearly stating he’s loves motd and has done for 50 years LOL 

14 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Ok so you are saying Marcy mark marc Albrighton Marco mark mark doesn’t like what lineker said about the boat policy and is therefore finding any excuse to find fault with linekers job.

This despite all his other posts pretty much clearly stating he’s loves motd and has done for 50 years LOL 

In a way because of, rather than despite.

And in light of some of the contributions made on the now-defunct Lineker thread in the LCFC section of the forum.

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Lmao please tell me that is a parody 

Like many of the 2019 intake Scott Benton is a parody of a proper MP. Unfortunately he is actually a real person.

Will be looking for new employment in a year or so like many of his ilk, so some small mercies. 

5 hours ago, marcymarc666 said:

All I was saying urban is that I can't stand endlessly waiting for hours to watch the Leicester highlights and get to bed at midnight, especially when we're normally on last ! It was great to get a quick roundup of the goals and not have all the crap analysis in-between.Talk sport between 10 am and 1pm is far superior anyway. 

If you choose to politicise it and make that out to be a right wing comment then I feel sorry for you and you really do need to get a life.

I woke up this morning, and looked out my window. And I thought to myself "Wow, that's the most transparent thing I will see today".

Then I saw your post.

5 hours ago, marcymarc666 said:

I don’t bother watching MOTD. Every Saturday night I watch the sky highlights on YouTube. Five minutes each game. 

They do it within a hour of the game. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Can't believe people regularly watch it still, I don't think I've watched it for years.

Its actually a somewhat reasonable team they have(had) in Lineker, Shearer and Wright. Individually maybe not as good but do work well together.

I much prefer it Sky and the big 6 or F Off approach.

I know its a lot shorter but its better than Sky for that at least.

And Lineker had grown on me after being indifferent towards him at the start. His jokes

Edited by Blue ROI

Honestly guys this thread has turned out to be more hilarious than I thought !

An extra half a million people watched it last night, maybe out of curiosity but probably because it runs for 20 minutes and doesn't take all night. I've always watched MOTD but for me on a Saturday night this works better, and I think you'll find that these viewing figures will now increase more if they keep it like this

That's it, no more , no less, keep it simple.

28 minutes ago, marcymarc666 said:

Honestly guys this thread has turned out to be more hilarious than I thought !

An extra half a million people watched it last night, maybe out of curiosity but probably because it runs for 20 minutes and doesn't take all night. I've always watched MOTD but for me on a Saturday night this works better, and I think you'll find that these viewing figures will now increase more if they keep it like this

That's it, no more , no less, keep it simple.

To cater for it’s frothing gammon audience?