Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
marcymarc666

Match of the Day tonight

44 minutes ago, marcymarc666 said:

Honestly guys this thread has turned out to be more hilarious than I thought !

An extra half a million people watched it last night, maybe out of curiosity but probably because it runs for 20 minutes and doesn't take all night. I've always watched MOTD but for me on a Saturday night this works better, and I think you'll find that these viewing figures will now increase more if they keep it like this

That's it, no more , no less, keep it simple.

If you've got a smart tv/Sky/firestick. Go on youtube at 6pm. All highlights will be on there. No need to wait till 10:30 on tv.

14 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

As I said, there’s YouTube highlights for people who don’t want match analysis. Fill ya boots, don’t even have to fund the BBC to watch them 

Thanks for suggestions but I'll stick with the 2.6 mill that watched it last night.

37 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

Gammon energy is to spoil something that everyone enjoys because they don’t like it or can’t be bothered with the alternatives. 

Eh people can like what they want can't they. Not sure how anybody is spoiling it by enjoying last nights. I found it unbearably sh*t for the 2 minutes I watched it, but I turned it off and that was the end of it. Easy.

• Like 1

Just now, filbertway said:

Eh people can like what they want can't they. Not sure how anybody is spoiling it by enjoying last nights. I found it unbearably sh*t for the 2 minutes I watched it, but I turned it off and that was the end of it. Easy.

Yes, except last nights offering already exists. There are game highlights published 45 minutes after the final whistle of every game. If you don’t enjoy the punditry, why don’t you watch that? Rather than bleat on about how “it’s so much better without all the talking”. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

Yes, except last nights offering already exists. There are game highlights published 45 minutes after the final whistle of every game. If you don’t enjoy the punditry, why don’t you watch that? Rather than bleat on about how “it’s so much better without all the talking”. 

Hahah oh I agree entirely to be fair, I'd probably suggest to ignore the obvious wind up and let them crack on :D

7 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

All true but I want to continue reading the wind up posts. ‘Thing is motd is perfect for me because I like the post match interviews so don’t suggest I watch YouTube highlights ok. But last nights show with no post match interviews was so refreshing wasn’t it? And an extra 500k agree with me’ 

48 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

You ever rubbernecked at a car crash? You know how the traffic on the other side of the road slows down because everybody is doing it, that was last night. That extra 500k last night wasn't an extra 500k, it was probably a loss of a million genuine viewers and a gain of 1.5m rubberneckers. I was at my mums last night at the time MOTD started, if I've been there before on a Saturday, she'll turn it off as she doesn't watch and knows I'll catch up later, but even she left it on out of curiosity. Those rubberneckers won't be watching next week if its the same.

Apparently it will look like there was more watching as obviously the program was on for much less time so there will be more of a peak .

• Like 1