Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UKEchelon

Newcastle Away (22nd May @ 8pm)

47 minutes ago, fiatlux said:

Does that mean I need to bring my ID and collect my ticket at Newcastle United’s ground? But at least they can send an email to indicate this…. 

Yes, just head to the Newcastle United ticket office. It won’t be an issue and they’ll know what to do. I would say to go there as soon as possible, explain the situation, show your ID and they will print you one.

Clearly it’s been a terrible season and the bastards have given us absolutely nothing to shout about.

But I don’t think anyone can argue that 1,300 sold for a game of this importance is a very poor turnout tbh.

Monday night, mega trip and on Sky, yes. But still.

Edited by lcfcben76

19 minutes ago, lcfcben76 said:

Clearly it’s been a terrible season and the bastards have given us absolutely nothing to shout about.

But I don’t think anyone can argue that 1,300 sold for a game of this importance is a very poor turnout tbh.

Monday night, mega trip and on Sky, yes. But still.

I assume that you are going then?

6 minutes ago, lcfcben76 said:

Indeed

Fair enough, but I don’t think it’s a bad turnout. I really can't blame people for not attending. We've been rubbish all season, it's a long way to travel, and you would probably have to take time off work. In a cost-of-living crisis, it's hardly surprising that most are giving it the swerve.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 1

Just now, Matt_Lcfc said:

Fair enough, but I don’t think it’s a bad turnout. I really can't blame people for not attending. We've been rubbish all season, it's a long way to travel, and you would probably have to take time off work. In a cost-of-living crisis, it's hardly surprising that many people are not going.

All valid points, of course and the Club haven’t helped either (no booking history sale or increased priority points for long trips & risk of being ID checked) but just thought we’d at least push 2000. Just a personal opinion, obviously.

12 minutes ago, lcfcben76 said:

All valid points, of course and the Club haven’t helped either (no booking history sale or increased priority points for long trips & risk of being ID checked) but just thought we’d at least push 2000. Just a personal opinion, obviously.

I think that we would have pushed 2000 had the club been more proactive. This was the perfect opportunity to lay on free travel, subsidised tickets, or, alternatively, just scrap their ridiculous ticket identification rule.

It just frustrates me that the club put blatant obstacles in place, all to stop supporters going. It’s a farce. Surely when you consider the enormity of this game, then you would want as many fans as possible?

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Thanks 1

Guest Fox99

It’s a disappointing away following tonight by our standards, however in different circumstances we obviously would have taken more. There’s clearly a real disconnect with this team who haven’t done enough in return for the support given during the season. Added to this, the fact of it being on a Monday night, location and the club’s ticketing arrangements. This is exactly the kind of fixture which should be put on general sale, I’m assuming the club still didn’t?

Edited by AlexFT

5 minutes ago, AlexFT said:

It’s a disappointing away following tonight by our standards, however in different circumstances we obviously would have taken more. There’s clearly a real disconnect with the team who haven’t done enough in return for the support given during the season. Added to this, the fact of it being on a Monday night and the club’s ticketing arrangements. This is exactly the kind of fixture which should be put on general sale, I’m assuming the club still didn’t?

Yeah no general sale.