Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UKEchelon

Newcastle Away (22nd May @ 8pm)

14 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Looks extremely likely. Weirdly one of the reasons I wanted to go. I want to be there when we get relegated 

I know what you mean. I like being there for the big moments and I haven't missed any (apart from Roma semi) since I've been going down. 

Stoke, Kermo pen and Deeney just made 2016 and Youri at Wembley that much sweeter! 

Having said that I'm off to see Motley Crue at Bramall Lane instead lol

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I know what you mean. I like being there for the big moments and I haven't missed any (apart from Roma semi) since I've been going down. 

Stoke, Kermo pen and Deeney just made 2016 and Youri at Wembley that much sweeter! 

Having said that I'm off to see Motley Crue at Bramall Lane instead lol

At least you are guaranteed some enjoyment!

• Like 1

Assume the ticket checks are still happening?

Once again, able to go and all my family live there so an easy trip.... but don't want to go all the way and get stopped lol 

20 hours ago, AjcW said:

Once again, able to go and all my family live there so an easy trip.... but don't want to go all the way and get stopped lol 

There are loads of tickets left so I'm sure if you speak to the club there'll be a way of guaranteeing a seat.  They need our money!

58 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

There are loads of tickets left so I'm sure if you speak to the club there'll be a way of guaranteeing a seat.  They need our money!

You see what you've done there is confuse our club with one that has any sort of commercial sense/respect for fans lol 

It's madness - they should be paying us to go!  There has to be some reward for travelling 10 hours on a work day to watch your team get spanked while 30,000 Geordies laugh at you. 

It seems like 5 minutes since we sang "don't worry, the championship's gonna be alright" to them.  How things change. 

2 hours ago, Craig said:

Word is that they *may* release tickets to those with booking history but they haven't made a decision on that yet.

Clueless.

No worries guys, not like it takes a while to plan a decent value trip to Newcastle or anything.... lol 

• Haha 2

On 09/05/2023 at 12:32, AjcW said:

when you say ticket checks do you mean they check your i.d. at the ground even if you already have your ticket

Begrudgingly I bought a ticket this afternoon. Only three blocks were open, so I am assuming that we haven’t shifted many.

I really can’t blame people either, £31.50 it cost me! I am lucky as I don’t have to pay for travel or accommodation since I live within walking distance of the stadium. 

I am not shocked that loads haven’t mysteriously disappeared either, looks like the entitled bunch at the club shop aren’t up for it.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

10 hours ago, Craig said:

Word is that they *may* release tickets to those with booking history but they haven't made a decision on that yet.

Clueless.

Virtually every other club, with a potentially pivotal, future defining game on their hands, would do everything to get as many supporters as possible to the match to support the team.

And then there is us.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Virtually every other club, with a potentially pivotal, future defining game on their hands, would do everything to get as many supporters as possible to the match to support the team.

And then there is us.

This was the reply my mate had when he enquired... 

Thank you for your email.

It is highly unlikely this fixture will go to general sale, the most it would drop to is booking history.

I would advise that you continue to monitor the website if you qualify to purchase with booking history over the next few days/ weeks.

I cannot guarantee there will be a drop in sales criteria.

Over the next few weeks lollollol 

So we've sold 1,000 or so tickets for one of the three 'cup finals' Vards referred to on talksport earlier and the club are making it as hard as possible for more fans to get tickets to this game. Whoever's making these decisions surely must be on the long list for redundancy when relegations confirmed, imagine employing a gatekeeper for 3,000 tickets 4 hours away from home in the championship.

Total jobsworths.

Anyway, I look forward to being among the few who want to schlep up to the north east. Let's see if a few more can join us.

Guest David Oldfields Gate
8 hours ago, Craig said:

It's beyond a disgrace. 

They are pathetic and have such a misguided aura of self importance. 

Relegation is going to hit home hard. 

Agree.

I don't want to draw to many comparisons with the outside world because that is depressing enough but when large organisations have it too good for too long they become both ineffective and self important. The number of staff at the club has probably tripled over the last ten years with the number of staff who remember the days of administration etc probably below 20/30 if that.

I don't feel much like I'm part of a club anymore, just a digitised consumer, I find sitting in a modern football stadium like sitting in an airport - everyone just wants me to hang around and spend my money, service and respect is non existent.

A shock is coming, but the well paid "executives" will continue on the gravy train here or elsewhere like the managerial class they are, all the right shirts, haircuts, shoes and PowerPoint skills, saying the right things on Twitter whilst us plebs endure the emotion that sport and representing your community brings, and paying huge £££ for the pleasure, if you're allowed to buy a ticket in an empty stand that is.

I haven't been away all season due to work and mental health issues, I would like to go but I would be in the general sale category. Its crazy that I have a booking history, previously held season tickets and membership and you can't buy a ticket!!

52 minutes ago, SK3Blue said:

I haven't been away all season due to work and mental health issues, I would like to go but I would be in the general sale category. Its crazy that I have a booking history, previously held season tickets and membership and you can't buy a ticket!!

It's absolutely ridiculous - The club don't deserve great supporters like you. 

PS I hope your mental health is improving 

• Thanks 1