Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UKEchelon

Newcastle Away (22nd May @ 8pm)

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

wtf is wrong with the club, who makes the final decision on whether it goes to gen sale or booking history? Who's at the top of the ticket office that makes these decisions?

Anyone could see a week ago that sales were low and slow - potentially a game where the fans could make a difference but no, you have to buy a £42 membership plus ticket costs pp for one game

8 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

wtf is wrong with the club, who makes the final decision on whether it goes to gen sale or booking history? Who's at the top of the ticket office that makes these decisions?

Anyone could see a week ago that sales were low and slow - potentially a game where the fans could make a difference but no, you have to buy a £42 membership plus ticket costs pp for one game

Think someone’s name dropped him before.

They’re utter control freaks. One saving grace in us going down is it will balls up their sales targets next year. They’ll come to regret pushing so many fans (customers) away.

30 minutes ago, ren said:

They’re utter control freaks. One saving grace in us going down is it will balls up their sales targets next year. They’ll come to regret pushing so many fans (customers) away.

I can’t wait for the club to implement ticket identification for Preston away on a Tuesday night. 

34 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

I can’t wait for the club to implement ticket identification for Preston away on a Tuesday night. 

We played Preston away on a Tuesday night a few years ago and there were 526 of us 

It shouldn't prove too difficult to ticket ID in those circumstances - possibly it's all part of the bigger master plan

Edited by CrazyKopCorner

They are ridiculous.

Apparently they are not going to drop the sales criteria to booking history as they are concerned that Newcastle fans will get in our end.

Of course, nothing to stop them buying a membership and getting in...

Brighton are playing Newcastle next week and here is their sales criteria:

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/3226563/ticket-news-newcastle-a-southampton-h/?_ga=2.208254354.1895440722.1683818683-365300424.1683818683

Currently on sale to their fans with a purchase history. 

10 minutes ago, Craig said:

They are ridiculous.

Apparently they are not going to drop the sales criteria to booking history as they are concerned that Newcastle fans will get in our end.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/3226563/ticket-news-newcastle-a-southampton-h/?_ga=2.208254354.1895440722.1683818683-365300424.1683818683

Also quite good how they weight the points allocated depending on how far away the fixture is. Arsenal - 5 points, Newcastle - 15 points.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, glar84 said:

Also quite good how they weight the points allocated depending on how far away the fixture is. Arsenal - 5 points, Newcastle - 15 points.

I'm sure we used to do that - certain games you gained 2 points - I seem to remember getting 2 points for a midweek Cardiff away trip - although it was an absolute swine of a drive home and should have had increased weighting 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Craig said:

They are ridiculous.

Fvcking hell. Even if some rogue Geordies did, there are these things called EXISTING LAWS that can be used to deal with them.

The fact that our club manage to open their own turnstiles once a fortnight is beginning to feel like a minor miracle...

• Like 1

Club deserve all they get, hope half the ticket office get made redundant when we go down, clowns. 

EDIT: Seeing people on Twitter defend the club on this ‘people travel miles to home games and also buy a membership where there’s a will, there’s a way’

Utter morons. 

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 4

The problem really is the long standing members of staff, it runs throughout the club, there's not enough pressure on anyone to perform.

I've said it before with Stowell, Sadler and Rudkin and previously Beagle before he finally left!

But the same can be said for Harj who is still floating around the clubs commercial department, Andrew Neville has been here forever, Anthony is still Comms director and has been for years, Liam the HR director, been here years.

It's two fold, A) Where is the pressure to perform? and B) Where is the ambition with these employees? After our successes in recent years these people will have been offered top jobs at top clubs across the world but they're still here... 

It also means the people below them have no drive as they can never see the day they might potentially step into their shoes!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, AjcW said:

The problem really is the long standing members of staff, it runs throughout the club, there's not enough pressure on anyone to perform.

I've said it before with Stowell, Sadler and Rudkin and previously Beagle before he finally left!

But the same can be said for Harj who is still floating around the clubs commercial department, Andrew Neville has been here forever, Anthony is still Comms director and has been for years, Liam the HR director, been here years.

It's two fold, A) Where is the pressure to perform? and B) Where is the ambition with these employees? After our successes in recent years these people will have been offered top jobs at top clubs across the world but they're still here... 

It also means the people below them have no drive as they can never see the day they might potentially step into their shoes!

I think you're right - The whole club is too cosy, not enough pressure to perform, old and stale policies and attitudes 

It needs a good shake and new personnel from Top to Bottom 

• Like 2

1500-ish. Looks like we'll be handing back 3 big blocks so max allocation ~1600.

Club would rather a small following it would seem than open it up to fans with a booking history.

How many times have we seen them chop the allocation down for Everton away as well, despite demand being there for more tickets.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ren said:

It's not the person that gets name dropped often. He's not the best but relatively harmless, just does his job. The problem and the distain for any fan that doesn't fit their definition of the perfect profile goes much much higher than that. 

• Like 1

Could we end up with a load of geordies in our end? Party atmosphere for them to potentially seal top 4, complete apathy from us.

Wouldnt begrudge it to be honest.

Edited by Nalis

18 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

You must be bleeding barmy if you’re going to this one - I’ll see you there 

I live in Newcastle and genuinely think I’m mental for going. Massive respect to anybody making the trip from Leicester, it’s a serious hike.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

The relegation party. Who is bringing the cake?

I bought a ticket for this just in case it was the game we get relegated. Looks like I made the right call. As painful as it is, I wanted to witness it.

I’ll see you there - We’ll sing as the team give their standard pitiful attempt at a performance 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner
  • Thanks 1

On 11/05/2023 at 15:41, lcfc278 said:

It's funny too that a few weeks ago we had people making excuses like it's to stop away fans being in our home end. 

The fact a trip to Newcastle on a Monday night doesn't even get general sale for booking history puts end to that argument. It's always been about getting an extra £42 for no reason other than sheer greed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

It's funny too that a few weeks ago we had people making excuses like it's to stop away fans being in our home end. 

The fact a trip to Newcastle on a Monday night doesn't even get general sale for booking history puts end to that argument. It's always been about getting an extra £42 for no reason other than sheer greed.

Spot on!

And here we are just 5 days out from a game we HAVE to win to stay up, a game where you would think we'd want as many fans as possible to make some noise, and still no sign of selling the tickets to the general public. A trip to Newcastle on a Monday night is a sacrifice, you'll either have to sort out childcare, book a day off, book travel or sort a hotel, it's not easy. But I guarantee if it had of gone to gen sale a week a go at least, we'd have a few more hundred on top of the number that will go. 

I hope the club reads this forum and I hope whoever has been in charge of ticketing this season gets the boot. Not a person that likes people losing their jobs but it's been a shambles this season.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Spot on!

And here we are just 5 days out from a game we HAVE to win to stay up, a game where you would think we'd want as many fans as possible to make some noise, and still no sign of selling the tickets to the general public. A trip to Newcastle on a Monday night is a sacrifice, you'll either have to sort out childcare, book a day off, book travel or sort a hotel, it's not easy. But I guarantee if it had of gone to gen sale a week a go at least, we'd have a few more hundred on top of the number that will go. 

I hope the club reads this forum and I hope whoever has been in charge of ticketing this season gets the boot. Not a person that likes people losing their jobs but it's been a shambles this season.

Not to mention they'll be begging everyone to turn up next year. The club in recent years have shown themselves to not quite be the same as others i.e when they were the only ones not in favour of the £15 fee to watch games during Covid. We still had a bit of that people's club reputation left. 

Just like everything else, it's gone with this absolute rot that's set in.

• Like 1