Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
An Away Move

‘Feed the scousers’ - and best ways to change football culture from within as a fanbase

They're the most over-emotional club in the world. "This means more" etc. If they did what every other club does and either ignore it or sing something self-deprecating it'd die down. 

• Like 1

On 04/06/2023 at 12:45, An Away Move said:

More whataboutery! You didn’t answer my question about whether you are for chanting Feed the Scousers. Yes or no is quite simple. And it would be quite good to debate with those who do support keeping it. Right now it’s like engaging with a bucket of frogs. You ask a question and there’s loads of hopping about changing the subject.

I don’t think calling people out for not answering your question or being patronising is going to get you anywhere unfortunately.

Also FWIW. I don’t think anyone is necessarily ‘for’ such a chant (and unlikely to say so if they are).

I’d say there are two categories:

1. Against it.

2. Couldn’t care less. 

On 04/06/2023 at 13:00, Mark_w said:

The only effective way to stop these morons singing it is to be too shit to play Everton or Liverpool.

Mission accomplished.

Aah but we could be playing Tranmere in 24/25, are we counting them as scousers?

3 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

I don’t think calling people out for not answering your question or being patronising is going to get you anywhere unfortunately.

Also FWIW. I don’t think anyone is necessarily ‘for’ such a chant (and unlikely to say so if they are).

I’d say there are two categories:

1. Against it.

2. Couldn’t care less. 

I don’t think I was being patronising, though I accept you might think differently. I would say it was more exasperation on my part after trying to start a what I though might be thoughtful thread about how football culture can change from within, which was largely met with non-engagement, avoidance and comments like ‘boring’ and ‘what about x?’.

‘Couldn’t care less’ doesn’t make a sizeable amount of our away ends actively sing it. The fact it happens means there’s a certain amount of agency. It’s a conscious choice - turned into action. I would say you definitely need to be ‘for it’ to let those words leave your mouth. Those that sing it perhaps ought to be happy enough to own it? To accept that they think mocking other’s poverty is just fine.  Funnily enough no one here, so far, has been happy enough to put their hand up and do that. Maybe because they know it’s a pretty rubbish thing to do? 
And like I said before there’s lots of poverty in Leicester. In fact there’s more poverty in the East Midlands than the North West. Singing it also makes our fans look thick! It’s not a good look on so many levels and gives us a bad name. 

• Like 1

On 04/06/2023 at 16:16, indierich06 said:

Yeah it's embarrassing, makes me cringe whenever I hear it. As a working class man I have much more affinity with the people of Liverpool than this scummy Tory government.

Agree. There’s an article I’ve just come across that concludes that our fans singing it are ‘just useful idiots to The Tories’. To me, that in itself is enough reason to stop!

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2022/01/fans-singing-about-poverty-are-just-useful-idiots-to-the-tories/

Edited by An Away Move

13 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

Agree. There’s an article I’ve just come across that concludes that our fans singing it are ‘just useful idiots to The Tories’. To me, that in itself is enough reason to stop!

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2022/01/fans-singing-about-poverty-are-just-useful-idiots-to-the-tories/

You are really boring now. Go back to the Liverpool forum, we’ve had enough of this nonsense, we don’t care 👍 

2 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

Rude. And you don’t speak for the ‘we’ on here mate. 

Speak for yourself, you’re literally the only person pushing this on this forum for the sake of virtue signalling. It’s embarrassing.

1 minute ago, Father Ted said:

Speak for yourself, you’re literally the only person pushing this on this forum for the sake of virtue signalling. It’s embarrassing.

Wrong. Wrong and wrong. I’ll leave it there. Have a good evening 👍🏻

Just now, An Away Move said:

Wrong. Wrong and wrong. I’ll leave it there. Have a good evening 👍🏻

Yes you are wrong. You are in the minority of our fans that sing it 👍 I bet you’re offended by your own skin colour.