Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kushiro

Enzo's First Adventure

• 5 months later...

Seems a good moment to bump this for anyone who missed it in the summer.

His dash on to the Hawthorns pitch today when Harry got the winner was a throwback to his goal celebrations in 1998/99. 

enzo.png

Edited by kushiro

1 hour ago, kushiro said:

Seems a good moment to bump this for anyone who missed it in the summer.

His dash on to the Hawthorns pitch today when Harry got the winner was a throwback to his goal celebrations in 1998/99. 

enzo-hamza.png

I'm either drunk or this is image is 144p :blink:

• 4 months later...
Posted (edited)

This seems a long time ago. 

Who could have imagined, in those rosy days of last summer, that Enzo would lead us into an abyss so deep that we are no longer able to break the all-time points record for the second tier?

I posted a link to this on the Albion forum yesterday, and it triggered a fair bit of comment about Brian Little. Here's two examples;

I genuinely don't think there is an Albion fan anywhere that didn't recognise Enzo was a very special talent and far superior to anything we had in those years. Yet somehow, football genius Brian Little rarely played him.

I saw most of his games for us and he was a special player. He was one of those rare players that, despite his age, in the first few touches of the ball you just knew you were witnessing a very gifted footballer. You just know instantly just to enjoy them as they aren't going to be with you long. He was that good. I'm only sad I didn't see more of him as his time coincided with the utterly appalling manager that was Brian Little who preferred the older pro's who offered nothing. Townsend being prime example.
Not really worth ploughing through the other comments, but if you're interested:

Edited by kushiro