Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

Smartwatch (dumb operator)

Just dipping my toe in the smartwatch water (I know, early adopter right) lol

Ive  bought a 2nd hand galaxy 4 which appears to have been a mistake as i dont seem to be able to get google play store, google wallet or any google options... dont know if its me...does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks in advance :)

49 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Just dipping my toe in the smartwatch water (I know, early adopter right) lol

Ive  bought a 2nd hand galaxy 4 which appears to have been a mistake as i dont seem to be able to get google play store, google wallet or any google options... dont know if its me...does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks in advance :)

If you use your phone, go into the play store, select apps and change category to watch apps does that work? 

7 hours ago, Zear0 said:

If you use your phone, go into the play store, select apps and change category to watch apps does that work? 

Thanks, I cant even get the play store on the watch...Im assuming im doing something wrong :) Wear os isnt finding phone

Edited by ozleicester

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

Thanks, I cant even get the play store on the watch...Im assuming im doing something wrong :) Wear os isnt finding phone

I just add all my apps through my phone and they then appear on the galaxy. Never added anything directly from the watch. You'll be needing it to find the phone first! Done a reset (in watch settings) to make sure it's not finding it's previous owners phone? 

On 30/08/2023 at 07:19, Zear0 said:

I just add all my apps through my phone and they then appear on the galaxy. Never added anything directly from the watch. You'll be needing it to find the phone first! Done a reset (in watch settings) to make sure it's not finding it's previous owners phone? 

Cheers, for some reason it is not finding watch with wear os. Works ok with the galaxy wearable but wont load wear os. Ive done the reset thing :(

• 2 months later...

My missus has an Apple Watch, an se, similar to a series 4. She loves it, it’s like a mini phone on her arm and she uses it mostly for exercise and as a device to find her actual phone. think that was definitely good value for the 260 quid I paid for it at the time, new, about 3 years ago. She’s never had a problem with it and with general use she gets a days battery out of it, it does need pretty much fully charging every night though, and if she were to use it a lot and not have her phone on her the battery wouldn’t last the entire day, no chance. Is the series 9 worth 375 notes? If you consider a phone now is well in excess of 1k then by that metric, if it’s much better than the watch I have a bit of knowledge about, then probably it probably is if you’re going to get 3+ years of use out of it and are big on fitness and you lose your phone a lot haha. I’ve been heavily hinting I could get a new watch for her for Christmas but she’s so happy with the one she’s currently got she insists it would be a waste of money so if you’re after an Apple Watch and don’t want to pay the premium look for places making space by getting rid of series 7s or that type of generation as I’m sure the improvements are only incremental much like the phones. As someone who doesn’t champion for apple at all, but also has very limited knowledge of the smart watch market, I would definitely encourage someone looking to a get a smart watch who’s already got an iphone to get an Apple Watch.

20 hours ago, sdb said:

Anyone here have a Samsung smart watch? Thinking I might go for one as a NY incentive to sort my life out... 

Any feedback appreciated!

Got a Galaxy Watch 4 and it does what you imagine it would. HR monitor, GPS easy ti view texts/WhatsApp etc. Got a Bluetooth transmitter which is useful for sending my HR to Zwift when I'm on the bike. 

• Thanks 1

On 28/11/2023 at 06:25, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I phone 15 pro max is 1200 notes so they are. And when you consider the amount and lengths of contracts they’re actually much more expensive than that. 

That's like shopping for Erling Haaland and saying all footballers are £50m+ now.