Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Sideshow Faes

Confused.Com

Guest Sideshow Faes

Hi admin/mod people,

Something very strange has happened. I can post in most places but not in the general section.

I think the last thing I wrote was a response to somebody to say I don't see labour accepting a brexit referendum as part of a lib Dem deal. That post has disappeared and I don't seem able to post anywhere in that while section of the site.

Are these things linked or is my phone just having a paddy? 

Thanks

7 minutes ago, Sideshow Faes said:

Hi admin/mod people,

Something very strange has happened. I can post in most places but not in the general section.

I think the last thing I wrote was a response to somebody to say I don't see labour accepting a brexit referendum as part of a lib Dem deal. That post has disappeared and I don't seem able to post anywhere in that while section of the site.

Are these things linked or is my phone just having a paddy? 

Thanks

You've been banned from GC by the sounds of it. No politics rule :thumbup:

Guest Sideshow Faes
15 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

You've been banned from GC by the sounds of it. No politics rule :thumbup:

That's the strangest thing I've ever read. 

No abuse, no argument, no warning even, but banned for just responding to somebody else in a thread full of political comment? Really?

2 minutes ago, Sideshow Faes said:

That's the strangest thing I've ever read. 

No abuse, no argument, no warning even, but banned for just responding to somebody else in a thread full of political comment? Really?

Hey don't shoot the messenger, I'm only guessing really!  It sounds the most likely explanation to me. You won't get a warning, but if the discussion turns political, which is against the rules, comments are removed and offending posters are banned.

Guest Sideshow Faes
41 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Hey don't shoot the messenger, I'm only guessing really!  It sounds the most likely explanation to me. You won't get a warning, but if the discussion turns political, which is against the rules, comments are removed and offending posters are banned.

Sorry, wasn't shooting you down, just trying to understand.

How long do these bans last do you know?

The rules aren't very obvious

There's plenty of politics still up in the news thread, from plenty of the more seasoned posters. Obviously didn't see what you put, so can't say for certain you didn't deserve a ban, but the permanent header stating no politics has gone, there's political post still up and if you're genuine about what you posted it seems little harsh banning seeing as your account is only a month old.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sideshow Faes

I still seem to not be able to post in general chat. Not really sure what I did to be banned in the first place but two weeks later it's an awful big chunk of the forum to not be able to participate in. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sideshow Faes

To the mods: now I have some understanding of the rules of this place and somebody called Mark explained on another thread why restrictions occur for some posters, could my restriction be lifted? I've only been here a few weeks and inadvertently got myself restricted but now I understand the rules better I can self moderate. Just seems a bit harsh when I've just arrived to have weeks of restrictions. Thanks 👍

On 09/10/2023 at 21:55, Sideshow Faes said:

To the mods: now I have some understanding of the rules of this place and somebody called Mark explained on another thread why restrictions occur for some posters, could my restriction be lifted? I've only been here a few weeks and inadvertently got myself restricted but now I understand the rules better I can self moderate. Just seems a bit harsh when I've just arrived to have weeks of restrictions. Thanks 👍

Yeah, good luck with that one 

• Like 2