Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc true blue josh 18

chris o'grady

We'll be getting a new striker in January so it'd be hardly fair to recall O'Grady from a club he seems to be settling down at, have him sit on our bench for a bit (or not even that, as he wouldn't be a starter) and then send him back out again in January when we buy in a new striker.

does anyone else think that chris o`grady should be recalled and given a chance, ive seen him play before and i think that he could possibly do a job for us, i know that CL has sent him out on loan to get experiance, but with our strikers at the minute we have nothing to lose, come on craig, give him a chance :thumbup:

what do you mean? Hume is just starting to come good for us, De Vries has been ok and Hammond had a blinder against Sheff Yoo, why not give THEM a chance instead?

what do you mean? Hume is just starting to come good for us, De Vries has been ok and Hammond had a blinder against Sheff Yoo, why not give THEM a chance instead?

Very, very, very debatable that. If he hadn't of scored he would of been slated and I mean slated. Anybody who misses 3 one on one's and an open goal in a match would be villified.

Very, very, very debatable that. If he hadn't of scored he would of been slated and I mean slated. Anybody who misses 3 one on one's and an open goal in a match would be villified.

Anyone who creates/gets himself into the position to score 4 or 5 would get in my team mate.

Yep. Because by law of averages they are going to put one away. Positioning is often the hardest part. We can work on his finishing.

thierry henry was a horrible finisher when he came to arsenal. henry jokes about how his team-mates used to take the mick out of him because he couldn't finish.

though to be fair henry was a winger when he first arrived at arsenal

To get this into pospective here Elvis Hammond has had one or two good games since arriving and one where he got himself into four or five excellent scoring postions. As Ric said if he hadn't of stuck away one of those guilt edged chances he would of been ripped to shreads, instead he is now our best striker beacuse he can get himself into good postions... apparentley. All because of one game. As I said if he kept it up I would be behind the lad, did he do it against leeds? I wasn't there but dont remember seeing his name on the match report.

he has a long way to go before I will think he's good enough to play for this club.

Even 'Saint' Gary Lineker himself used to miss lots of chances for us. It's only after watching him for a few games that it became clear that he got far more chances than anyone else by having an uncanny knack of getting into the right position when the ball dropped into the box. His genius was to get more chances than anyone else, he was never especially clinical.

Im not implying Elvis is in that leauge, but not creating chances would be nore of a worry that not converting them.

Simon

Even 'Saint' Gary Lineker himself used to miss lots of chances for us. It's only after watching him for a few games that it became clear that he got far more chances than anyone else by having an uncanny knack of getting into the right position when the ball dropped into the box. His genius was to get more chances than anyone else, he was never especially clinical.

Im not implying Elvis is in that leauge, but not creating chances would be nore of a worry that not converting them.

Simon

Yes but what people are seeming to forgert very quickly is before the Sheff U game he coudlnt do either

Yes but what people are seeming to forgert very quickly is before the Sheff U game he coudlnt do either

Didn't he have one unfairly disallowed and another in the net at Derby second half?

I'm not making a case for him but he has shown promise more than once. What pleased me against Sheffield was he hit the target.

That's the first step. I hope he quickly takes some more cos otherwise, he start running short of opportunities.

Didn't he have one unfairly disallowed and another in the net at Derby second half?

I'm not making a case for him but he has shown promise more than once. What pleased me against Sheffield was he hit the target.

That's the first step. I hope he quickly takes some more cos otherwise, he start running short of opportunities.

:rolleyes: so what if he did Sheff U is the only game his looked good for 90 mins. Im not saying he can't go on to be a good player, but im not understanding then sudden backing for the lad after the sheff u game. As Ric said if he hadn't of hit the back of the net he would of been public enemy no.1 espically if it had finsished 2-2

To get this into pospective here Elvis Hammond has had one or two good games since arriving and one where he got himself into four or five excellent scoring postions. As Ric said if he hadn't of stuck away one of those guilt edged chances he would of been ripped to shreads, instead he is now our best striker beacuse he can get himself into good postions... apparentley. All because of one game. As I said if he kept it up I would be behind the lad, did he do it against leeds? I wasn't there but dont remember seeing his name on the match report.

he has a long way to go before I will think he's good enough to play for this club.

Well said mate!

Akinbiyi and Benjamin both had the knack of always getting a few chances each game but would rarely ever put the ball away and Elvis appears to be the same although I do see a slight potential with Elvis. I'm sorry but anyone who could legislate for a player who misses 4 or 5 sitters a match needs their head testing. If Elvis did score regularly but also missed alot of chances then you could almost allow that but he doesn't! He misses alot of chances and never scores just look at his career stats. 2 goals in about 50 appearances in English football, lethal.

:rolleyes: so what if he did Sheff U is the only game his looked good for 90 mins. Im not saying he can't go on to be a good player, but im not understanding then sudden backing for the lad after the sheff u game. As Ric said if he hadn't of hit the back of the net he would of been public enemy no.1 espically if it had finsished 2-2

Someone mentioned previously that he's not that young and should probably have shown a knack for scoring by now if he's going to make it.

So like I said, I'm not making a case for him and, in fact, have called for new PROVEN strikers to be signed since last July/August.

I still think though that our lack of creativity and of well delivered and thoughtful free kicks doesn't help (anyone not just Elvis).

Bottom line though is that Elvis should have had at least five or six more goals this season from the easy chances I've seen (and there must have been another one at all the away matches :) )

Archived