Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Levein On Defeat

I feel for him because the players threw that away tonight but at the end of the day, they are his players playing his tactics and the buck stocks with him.

I'm not gonna go much further simply because I've had a few beers

Pull your socks up boys. You're better than Stoke. You know that, we know that, they fu cking know that. Pull your fuc king socks up.

It wasnt the "players", it was a player. Yes, he chose dubs, and hes responsible for dubs atracious defending. Dubs or craig? I `d keep craig.

Hic up ;):D

I'm not saying that CL has to go here.. but he seems to be a 'one or the other manager'. He can either set up a team to play for a nil nil and lose one nil. Or to score a few goals... and lose 2-1 or 3-2.

He talks the talk, but he doesn't walk the walk.

I feel for him because the players threw that away tonight but at the end of the day, they are his players playing his tactics and the buck stocks with him.

He's said he's angry a lot of times, doesn't seem to make many odds. I get angry too, doesn't make us play any better. I like Craig and I liked the way we played tonight. I just didn't like the result. Unfortunately that's been the place many times this season and last season.

I'm not gonna go much further simply because I've had a few beers and I'm being a bit reactive but the result tonight just wasn't good enough and the defending was of the lacadesical nature we grew accustomed to during MA's reign.

Pull your socks up boys. You're better than Stoke. You know that, we know that, they fu cking know that. Pull your fuc king socks up.

We've just gotta dot the i's and cross the t's now. Before we were losing matches but playing dire. Now the team is worth watching but just hasn't got the inbuilt confidence that comes with winning.

If only Craig would fit the last couple of pieces to the jigsaw.

It wasn't just Dublin who threw that away tonight.

If you believe that, you are blisfully ignorant, and I envy you for that, in a way.

You are always looking for a scapegoat.

Dubs isn't good enough, fair enough, but losing 3-2 wasn't all down to him. He also showed good touches, challenges, headers, interceptions.

We lost because in the last 20 minutes we let them come at us, didn't win the ball in midfield and were hesitant at the back. The full backs in particular were slow to close down attacking players.

If it's all about a witch hunt then fair enough, blame Dublin, but who are you going to blame when Dublin is gone and we let a few in?

Also, who picked Dublin? Who gave him a new contract?

I'm not against Dublin, just asking a few questions above in an effort to make you actually think before you post.

Dubs isn't good enough, fair enough, but losing 3-2 wasn't all down to him. He also showed good touches, challenges, headers, interceptions.

Dubs did ok for 70mins, but its his job as captain and our greatest header of the ball, to deal with a cross into the box.

But you completely ignore that on both occasions the providers of the ball in to the box were relatively unchallenged and had a large amount of time to measure perfect balls in to the box which led to almost unstoppable chances.

Fair enough Lush, can't be bothered to argue with you. You just don't know what you're talking about.

But you completely ignore that on both occasions the providers of the ball in to the box were relatively unchallenged and had a large amount of time to measure perfect balls in to the box which led to almost unstoppable chances.

:D:D sorry, i forgot we were playing brazil :D and then you said

"You just don't know what you're talking about" :D:D

So only Brazil can play perfect balls in to the box?

Are you really this stupid?

If you give Championship players time, on enough occasions, they'll deliver a killer ball in to the box.

If you want evidence of this, watch tonight's game again.

Alternatively, perhaps Dion Dublin is evil and he put a curse on us. Or something. Idiot.

So only Brazil can play perfect balls in to the box?

Are you really this stupid?

If you give Championship players time, on enough occasions, they'll deliver a killer ball in to the box.

If you want evidence of this, watch tonight's game again.

Alternatively, perhaps Dion Dublin is evil and he put a curse on us. Or something. Idiot.

There was nothing he could do about either headers. they were both brilltantly won.

as far as the third goal was concerned, if you give a player like Bangoura a good cross he will rise and score. That cross came from the left, so before we go slating Sylla for the second goal we should look at Smiths defending for the third. Smith looked 10X better then Sylla going foward but equally as bad at the back.

The problem quite cleary rests with our full backs, Maybury is a RB playing LB ( or the next Claude Makelle in ceraint peoples point of view ) and Richard Stearmen will make mistakes due to his age.

what it all boils down to is the fact that..... as we said we wont be going anywhere till next year at least. When some of our younger players have had some first team experince, As unfortuantley, I realise ( unlike some ) that there is a MASSIVE gap between the reserves and the first team.

How many times (and answer this honestly) did we give/stoke made and created chances to deliever "a killer ball, in the box"? 2? 3 perhaps, ok i`ll go to 4, but thats it :D

Mr c, what is wrong with this posters last comment, pure football chit chat that :( Ignorance.

How many times (and answer this honestly) did we give/stoke made and created chances to deliever "a killer ball, in the box"? 2? 3 perhaps, ok i`ll go to 4, but thats it :D

Mr c, what is wrong with this posters last comment, pure football chit chat that :( Ignorance.

You've misunderstood the last few times so I'll make it very clear for you.

Due to the quality of the balls in to the box, Dion Dublin had very little chance of preventing either of the goals. These chances weren't the only occasions when poor defending/closing down allowed quality balls to be delivered in to the box.

You say it was all Dion's fault. It wasn't.

I'm not even a big fan of Dion but you're just using the man as a scapegoat. Our wide players just didn't get close enough to their players who thus delivered quality balls in.

Is it so difficult to understand?

i know, i mean, what's wrong with describing watching the game like watching a bunch of retards trying to fock a doorknob?

Did mr c (or ref as i like to call him) delete one of your posts about 1omins ago, you know, i rather think he did. That bloody dublin, gets on everyones nerves :D

TPH:

"Due to the quality of the balls in to the box, Dion Dublin had very little chance of preventing either of the goals. These chances weren't the only occasions when poor defending/closing down allowed quality balls to be delivered in to the box.

AAAAAAHEM!, dion is supposed to be our "leader", he was capitan, our greatest header of the ball, a real experienced player. Somebody give this individual some angel dust :thumbup:

"I'm not even a big fan of Dion but you're just using the man as a scapegoat. Our wide players just didn't get close enough to their players who thus delivered quality balls in"

I realise that, but once the ball comes in, and we have the above player, we should be dealing with it.

Did mr c (or ref as i like to call him) delete one of your posts about 1omins ago, you know, i rather think he did. That bloody dublin, gets on everyones nerves :D

TPH:

"Due to the quality of the balls in to the box, Dion Dublin had very little chance of preventing either of the goals. These chances weren't the only occasions when poor defending/closing down allowed quality balls to be delivered in to the box.

AAAAAAHEM!, dion is supposed to be our "leader", he was capitan, our greatest header of the ball, a real experienced player. Somebody give this individual some angel dust :thumbup:

"I'm not even a big fan of Dion but you're just using the man as a scapegoat. Our wide players just didn't get close enough to their players who thus delivered quality balls in"

I realise that, but once the ball comes in, and we have the above player, we should be dealing with it.

for the last time, Sam Bangoura did not cost 1 million pounds beacuse he he couldnt beat championship defenders in the air.

But we will call that football chit chat shall we. Not really what we should be doing ona football chit chat website is it.

Lets face it,city will never be any good this season,i think Levein is out of his depth and so are half the team.

In the last three matches City have started scoring goals and playing some of their best football for years.

We're like a racing car that needs fine tuning. I just hope he does it sooner rather than later.

Its all down to Concentration. Look at the goals we've conceded in the past few games, against Watford, we've switched off and not seen that King was going to drill the ball under the wall so we've taken the bait and paid for it. Similarly with Leeds, another free kick that Rabs fecked the wall up for so he can't see the side thats totally open for Healy to slot the ball into. Last night we completely switched off for the 2nd and 3rd Goals. The Delivery from the wide area was a good one but Dublin was Miles behind Bangoura (Or Sidibie,can't remember, they looked similar from where i was) for the 2nd goal, fair enough, good header, but where was Dion to try and a) Put him off or b) Get to it first? The third was just a pisstake, Sylla leaving Stearman on his own, easy cross, and again, no challenge on the goalscorer as no ones following him. All down to concentration, you could see us switch off if you were there last night (not so sure about on the TV) up until then we'd worked hard, competed well and Stoke could rarely put 2-3 passes together before gifting it us back. I don't blame Levein for any of it last night, I agreed with his selection and how he planned to rescue the game once it went wrong, for how it got like that, I blame the players.

Its all down to Concentration. Look at the goals we've conceded in the past few games, against Watford, we've switched off and not seen that King was going to drill the ball under the wall so we've taken the bait and paid for it. Similarly with Leeds, another free kick that Rabs fecked the wall up for so he can't see the side thats totally open for Healy to slot the ball into. Last night we completely switched off for the 2nd and 3rd Goals. The Delivery from the wide area was a good one but Dublin was Miles behind Bangoura (Or Sidibie,can't remember, they looked similar from where i was) for the 2nd goal, fair enough, good header, but where was Dion to try and a) Put him off or b) Get to it first? The third was just a pisstake, Sylla leaving Stearman on his own, easy cross, and again, no challenge on the goalscorer as no ones following him. All down to concentration, you could see us switch off if you were there last night (not so sure about on the TV) up until then we'd worked hard, competed well and Stoke could rarely put 2-3 passes together before gifting it us back. I don't blame Levein for any of it last night, I agreed with his selection and how he planned to rescue the game once it went wrong, for how it got like that, I blame the players.

I think Thracian hit the nail when he said that after Joey hit the cross-bar it was as if we'd scored and they all thought, well most of them 'Game Won' as you say that is down to concentration.

We just need to be ables to kill teams off! at 2-1 we were attacking and looked like winning but didnt put our chances away I am very frustrated and there is still improvement needed to be made but overall I think the effort most players put into the game is decent but we just aint getting the results out of them

I duno - I just assume that a tall bloke would be able to cover more of the goal particular when diving. His diving is almost like seeing an old lady blown over by the wind...

I also assumed from looking at DeVries when he first arrived that he would be able to head a ball...look how that turned out lol

I also assumed from looking at DeVries when he first arrived that he would be able to head a ball...look how that turned out lol

I'd rather not think about how it turned out!

If we're pulling the knives out and getting rid of Dublin then I don't think that de Vries should escape the same punishment.

Archived