Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Next Seasons Squad - Can we now talk about it?

Goalkeepers - we’re good (Ward out of contract in 12 months time so revisit then)

Defenders - I’d let Vestergaard go, as good as he’s been he’ll struggle in the PL and financially it’s not prudent given his age. Enzo doesn’t rate Souttar so if we’re not playing we should sell. Thomas and Kristensen don’t fit the system so they can be sold too. I’d keep Coady around and would pair Faes with a new signing. He can be a bombscare but next to a pacey calm defender I think he’d be ok. JJ, Ricardo are good enough and Hamza should be kept as a utility. Doyle is an interesting one - depends on how much Man City want. Decent player but could potentially find better value elsewhere. Essentially we need a starting CB and LB (moving into a 3).

Midfield - Winks will be important next year and seems like Sensi will sign when contract expires. Praet will leave and won’t think Akgun will be signed. KDH appears most sellable asset so wouldn’t be surprised to see him go. Would retain Wilf if terms are favourable but due to injury history I wouldn’t be too disappointed to see him move on. Would like to see Jordan James/Hayden Hackney and O’Hare signed. Imagine we’ll go back in for Mcatee too. Braybrooke to stay with us and play a part. Soumare intrigues me - really think Enzo could make a player of him. If he impresses in pre-season he could play a big part.

Winger - sign Fatawu!! Would need another signing (probably on loan) to compete with him and Stephy. Seem to recall Man City signing someone who joins them this summer - worth a punt. Alves to be wildcard option. 

Striker - new starting number 9. Vardy to resign and Cannon to support. Let Kel go and move Daka on. 

Lots of work to do. Let’s hope Glover is already on the case. 

• Like 2

On 27/04/2024 at 09:18, Rusko187 said:

Anything else? Perhaps a new car sir?

We won’t be doing that much business.

Yes, I know realistically we won't be doing that much business.

I'm listing what we need.

Romeo Amane and Albert Grønbæk  - Centre Mid

Sebastian Nanasi and Viktor Djukanovic - Wingers

Serhou Guirassy and Deniz Undav- Forward