Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Next Seasons Squad - Can we now talk about it?

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

We can buy Fatawu, we can’t register him.

That’s the EFL though. 

The Premier League won’t impose a transfer ban on us. It will be a points deduction.

Yes but re. my question, won't spending just be laying the foundations for a future PSR fine? We've proved we're not very good at accountancy.

I get nervous when I read fan pressure on here, saying we need a new CB, a new CF etc. I agree we do, but we may need to do a Luton Town this time round, and work with wgat we've got. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Twitcher said:

I know we needed to go all out to get back up, but I think if there was one disappointment from this season is our failure to really bring some of the youngsters through. Will be even harder flooding them in the Prem.

I guess we would have seen more of Alves and Braybooke if they didn’t start the season  injured.

We haven’t done bad though really.

Nelson, MacAteer, Marcel, Fatawu, Hermansen, Daka, Akgun, Souttar, Mavididi, Doyle, KDH, Cannon, Stolarkzyk, Raihky are all 25 and under. Age wise, our squad has a fairly younger / mid age profile, with the experienced heads of Vardy, Coady, Vestergaard, Ricardo etc

Then you think Choudhury is a product of the youth system etc. 

2 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

Yes but re. my question, won't spending just be laying the foundations for a future PSR fine? We've proved we're not very good at accountancy.

I get nervous when I read fan pressure on here, saying we need a new CB, a new CF etc. I agree we do, but we may need to do a Luton Town this time round, and work with wgat we've got. 

We won’t be spending loads.

What we get for Kristensen, allows us to buy Fatawu in theory etc, albeit we bank load the amounts anyway, so the phasing of paybacks is a little murky. For all we know, we might be getting a mass lump sum of money for Barnes, Maddison and Fofana this year due to how the payments are structured. 

I think the entire football world will be shopping in Poundland though, so it’ll be a case of unearth quality players at a lower price. 

• Like 2

Will be using the loan market just as much as perm signings you’d think - would think Mcatee pretty certain arrival on loan. Sensi on a free. He might like the look of Zach Booth back from Holland with a years football over there. 

Edited by Cropwellfox

I'm not convinced about this squad for the PL. We need lots of new starters/those who will actually impact us off the bench.

X2 CBs 

RB (no more Choudhury playing there, he does a job but that won't cut it in the prem)

X2 CM

A winger (maybe two?)

X2 strikers

Lot of dead wood to chuck out. Hopefully that gives us the wiggle room to get more players. I don't know how restricted we will be in terms of PSR breaches and whether we'd have to make do with what we have.

3 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

Yes, I think that no one whose contract is expiring will get renewed as we simply cannot afford to. Perhaps the only exception being Jamie as a super sub on reduced wages.

KDH to go, for financial reasons. I have doubts about him at prem level, and we need someone else on set pieces. His have been rubbish all season. 

Striker is a problem. Cannon doesn't seem to have established a place in the side, and while I still like Daka, he is too inconsistent. He fluffs chances, but at least creates them.

Lots of bargain basement stuff from Italy, play the kids and fingers crossed is my expectation. It is going to be a relegation battle from day 1, even without a points deduction.

• Like 1

Well we have to buy Abdul now, which I’m sure we’re all delighted with. I see KDH staying, would love one more year with Jamie so he ends his career in the league he deserves.

Would happily kiss Faes, Ward, Iversen, Daka, Nacho, Souttar and possibly Ndidi goodbye. 2 class signings (1 mid, 1 defence) and then replace others with young talent to balance the books.

1 minute ago, foxinsox said:

Yes, I think that no one whose contract is expiring will get renewed as we simply cannot afford to. Perhaps the only exception being Jamie as a super sub on reduced wages.

KDH to go, for financial reasons. I have doubts about him at prem level, and we need someone else on set pieces. His have been rubbish all season. 

Striker is a problem. Cannon doesn't seem to have established a place in the side, and while I still like Daka, he is too inconsistent. He fluffs chances, but at least creates them.

Lots of bargain basement stuff from Italy, play the kids and fingers crossed is my expectation. It is going to be a relegation battle from day 1, even without a points deduction.

We won’t be playing the kids. We certainly would be able to offer any of the out of contract players a new deal if we wanted too. I imagine Vardy and Vestergaard will be offered one. Possibly Ndidi.   

Like our squad, there's a lot of free transfers about. Hopefully get 2 or 3 of our contracts sorted for another year or two and sign a few that way. Similar to Luton with Barkley, Townsend, plus a couple of loans. 

Try to stay in the prem and go from there. 

We are likely to get two points deductions next season, making staying up nigh on impossible. Sadly it might be prudent to take a profit and plan for the inevitable. Invest in a few young talents and just roll with it. 

On 25/04/2024 at 09:38, FoxinNotts said:

We need to be all over getting in the quality free agents that are out there and available, to bolster the squad. The likes of:

Mario Hermoso. CB/LB

Juan Miranda. LB

Nahitan Nández. CM

Yusuf Yazıcı. AM

Che Adams. CF

Get these lads in and take the options to purchase Fatawu and Akgun, then sell academy products Iversen, Thomas & K D H and we're a long way down the road to ffp redemption!

Akgun no no no. He'll cost 12 million and is just so nowhere near good enough. Surely we seen the last of him now.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We are likely to get two points deductions next season, making staying up nigh on impossible. Sadly it might be prudent to take a profit and plan for the inevitable. Invest in a few young talents and just roll with it. 

I think that’s what we should do anyway 

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Trusting Rudkin with investment has really worked out so far….

Just now, Dames said:

Trusting Rudkin with investment has really worked out so far….

A promotion, an FA Cup and a premier league say otherwise. What matters is the scouting to pick the right players, within what little budget we have. 

1 hour ago, Sly said:

We won’t be spending loads.

What we get for Kristensen, allows us to buy Fatawu in theory etc, albeit we bank load the amounts anyway, so the phasing of paybacks is a little murky. For all we know, we might be getting a mass lump sum of money for Barnes, Maddison and Fofana this year due to how the payments are structured. 

I think the entire football world will be shopping in Poundland though, so it’ll be a case of unearth quality players at a lower price. 

Likely to be right apart from some of the usual suspects.

Noticed this on the BBC website. It is a quote from the Express so take it with a pinch of salt but does possibly indicate that things will be tight for many clubs.

Manchester United are preparing for several departures in the summer to meet financial rules, with the future of England striker Marcus Rashford, 26, to be considered

In relation to Fatawu  the following quote from today's Guardian does indicate how tricky things are for us right now.

"Will Leicester be powerless to rubber-stamp the £14.5m deal they agreed with Sporting to sign Fatawu in the event of promotion? “In this moment, it is complicated,” Maresca said on Tuesday."

At what point to do we leave the jurisdiction of the EFL and enter that of the PL?

I’d try and get Nelson, Braybrooke, Alves and Wanya full season championship loans. I know we may need them as squad players but a full season playing every week would improve them massively. Plus if the worst did happen and we did go back down they’d come back as first team players having played a season in the championship.

Offer Vardy and Ndidi one year deals, unlikely Ndidi accepts that i know but wouldn't want him to get 3 years. However we are going to need numbers, and if we can keep Ndidi as a squad player, and then spend something on a first choice 8 it makes sense. 

Sorry Vesty but I don't think we can afford to offer him a deal. Thanks for this season but we need an upgrade.

Praet and Iheanacho clearly gone. 

1 hour ago, Sly said:

I guess we would have seen more of Alves and Braybooke if they didn’t start the season  injured.

We haven’t done bad though really.

Nelson, MacAteer, Marcel, Fatawu, Hermansen, Daka, Akgun, Souttar, Mavididi, Doyle, KDH, Cannon, Stolarkzyk, Raihky are all 25 and under. Age wise, our squad has a fairly younger / mid age profile, with the experienced heads of Vardy, Coady, Vestergaard, Ricardo etc

Then you think Choudhury is a product of the youth system etc. 

Yes I was thinking more about those on the fringe, rather than young but first teamers. An example would be Nelson, and to an extent McAteer.

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Offer Vardy and Ndidi one year deals, unlikely Ndidi accepts that i know but wouldn't want him to get 3 years. However we are going to need numbers, and if we can keep Ndidi as a squad player, and then spend something on a first choice 8 it makes sense. 

Sorry Vesty but I don't think we can afford to offer him a deal. Thanks for this season but we need an upgrade.

Praet and Iheanacho clearly gone. 

Why? Age? How old do you think he is?