Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Next Seasons Squad - Can we now talk about it?

10 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

Yes I was thinking more about those on the fringe, rather than young but first teamers. An example would be Nelson, and to an extent McAteer.

Yes, McAteer has suffered I think as Fatawu and Mavididi have played so well (largely). 

1 hour ago, maynefox said:

I'm not convinced about this squad for the PL. We need lots of new starters/those who will actually impact us off the bench.

X2 CBs 

RB (no more Choudhury playing there, he does a job but that won't cut it in the prem)

X2 CM

A winger (maybe two?)

X2 strikers

Lot of dead wood to chuck out. Hopefully that gives us the wiggle room to get more players. I don't know how restricted we will be in terms of PSR breaches and whether we'd have to make do with what we have.

Anything else? Perhaps a new car sir?

We won’t be doing that much business.

2 minutes ago, martyn said:

I've come around to the idea of keeping Vestergaard, but only on the provisio that wages are reasonable and we get someone with recovery pace into the back line. His distribution is absolutely key and wouldn't easily be replaced.

I'd be looking to move Faes on as a priority, if we can.

Faes absolutely HAS to go

• Like 3

The main benefit of this promotion is that we will end up where we started rather than being in the Championship with a deduction and a depleted squad (although that could still happen the following year.) Although it sounds negative, due to finances, deductions and a possible transfer ban we are going to have to brace ourselves for not being able to compete next season whatever squad we put together.

• Like 1

I don't think we are as far off as people think. 

Our starting team against Saints doesn't need a lot. Yes we might not be able to compete with the top teams but we have the basis. The Southampton game also gave us a blueprint on tactics. 

I'd like us to buy Fatawu. Sign up Vardy for the season, Vestergaard and Ndidi on short term contracts. Release Ihanacho and Praat. Sell Ward, Daka, Kristenson, Thomas and Souttar. 

We'd need a CB to replace Doyle or another loan deal. We need a couple of 8's. One could be Soumare, but it annoys me that he walks straight back into a Prem squad. I'd imagine the squad might not be happy to welcome him back either. A wide player and if Daka and Ihanacho go a striker. It sounds a lot but we will loan players. 

My biggest worry has always been that we get promoted and have a weaker squad than this season. 

KDH- depends on him. The money would be useful but we'd have to reinvest it into the squad. It all depends how much of a necessity it is to comply with the EFL's demands. My understanding is we could sell him in June under the EFL and then be able to use the money in July in the Prem. Bonkers.

I'd imagine the club will sit down with the out of contract players this week. If they have truly gelled recently then they might be more tempted to stay. Let's face it. The money is good at Leicester. Will they get such good deals elsewhere? I know that's what's got us into a mess but it must be a draw for players knowing they will be financially looked after and the owner goes for it.

I can't write let Albrighton go... I hope he plays or at least gets a half at home last game of the season. I really want to see him play with Vardy one last time. 

• Like 3

I hope we sign Vesterguard and Nididi and keep most of the squad together and add some key additions.

We have built up a strong squad mentality something which was non existent under Rodgers and that will go along way next season.

Edited by whoareyaaa

We should be looking to build a squad with half an eye on needing to win promotion again in a years time, likely facing a transfer embargo and points deduction during that season too. We won’t do that though. 

We are going to be likely facing a massive points deduction, can see it being bigger than Everton’s. It’ll be a big ask for us to survive and be say 10 points clear of the relegation zone (pre deduction), which is where we will likely need to be to actually survive with the impending points deduction. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

16 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Just don't think it's good value for us. 

Better value than selling him for a tiny fee and spending 15-20 mil on someone we don't know will be any good.

If he (or any semi decent player we have) is happy to be a squad player then always keep them. 

Hamza is the perfect example, comes into the side and does the job 95% of the time, if we didn't have him we'd need to spend 15mil on someone we have no idea they are any good to do the same job 

• Like 1

What happens with the transfer embargo now? When can we start buying?

When do we officially leave the Championship and join the PL?

Is there a time when we can make transfers, book it to this season, and then claim the PL has no jurisdiction over this season's finances for PSR/FFP (if it still exists next season) as we were in the Championship? And also book a load of the loses from this season as exceptional circumstances, as we didn't expect to be relegated?

27 minutes ago, martyn said:

I've come around to the idea of keeping Vestergaard, but only on the provisio that wages are reasonable and we get someone with recovery pace into the back line. His distribution is absolutely key and wouldn't easily be replaced.

I'd be looking to move Faes on as a priority, if we can.

That Chelsea game was just terrifying 

1 minute ago, Nolucklcfc said:

That Chelsea game was just terrifying 

And yet the Bournemouth one wasn't. 

To be fair the Chelsea one was less terrifying than the day we put Amartey and Souttar up against them.

• Haha 1

Just now, Chelmofox said:

And yet the Bournemouth one wasn't. 

To be fair the Chelsea one was less terrifying than the day we put Amartey and Souttar up against them.

True, I do think his lack of pace is a massive problem though. 

Out of the match day squad: 

Out - Faes Praet Yunus Nacho Albrighton (love him but no time for sentiment now sorry) 

Keep Vesty only if we get a very mobile CB partner. 

Open to offers for Daka and Ndidi

Would like to keep Vardy for a year, sign Fats, get in Sensi. 

Interesting challenge lies ahead.  Will the Club look to rebalance the squad this summer to get ahead of further potential penalties from the EPL / EPL by selling KDH, maybe likes of Mads, Nelson banking the profits and replace the likes of Wilf with younger talent on lower wages or roll the dice and try and bring in enough established talent that would deliver lower/mid-table before whatever points deduction is applied.

Edited by JimmyC74

Defence 

As @Double Decker said, a centre back with pace is absolutely imperative. I wouldn’t be against renewing Vestergaard’s contract, but he’ll need some pace around him. If we are forced to sell players in June, if an offer comes in for Faes, then I’d let him go. 

A starting LCB preferably with pace is one of three priority positions imo. Then depending on what we do with Vestergaard & Faes, a younger centre back with potential will be needed as back up, someone who can either play RCB or slip into the middle(Vestergaard’s current position). 

As for departures, Souttar & Kristiansen to be sold or loaned out. Thomas to be released. 

Midfield

This position is going to need a serious revamp, like LCB, a RCM should be one of three priority positions. 

A starting RCM is 100% needed, while depth will also be desperately needed. I wouldn’t renew Ndidi’s contract, he isn’t a long term solution for what we require in midfield. Praet will also leave on a free. 

Preferably I think we need an alternative for Winks, as I’ve stated numerous times, there’s going to be numerous games where I don’t think we’ll get away with him as our holding midfielder in the Premier League. We need a ball winner who is also good in possession. 

Then comes the conundrum of KDH & Soumare. It’s highly possible that we’ll be forced into selling KDH, if so then if Luton go down, Ross Barkley on a free makes so much sense. Then as for Soumare, if an offer comes in, then he should be sold, but it wouldn’t surprise me if Maresca gives him another opportunity. 

We could be looking at needing five new central midfielders over the summer 😕

Wingers

Sign Fatawu on a permanent. I wouldn’t bother with Akgun. Loan out McAteer & Marcal. Let Albrighton go on a free :cry:

Then two new wingers to come in as competition for Fatawu & Mavididi. Wouldn’t be surprised if we dip into the loan market for those two positions. 

Strikers

New contract for Vardy. Iheanacho can be released. Then either sell Daka or loan out Cannon, but keep one as third choice. 

Then sign a new number 9 as a priority. 

It might look a lot, but if you weigh up the situation, we’re going to need a lot more than some people think. 

Initial thoughts below minimum. Ideally sell Daka and get another striker in as well - Hlozek? Dependent on someone paying his residual value I guess. Imagine incomings are going to be free’s/ loans/ low value id  imagine ie. Brownhill or Barkley. 

Hermansen / Stolarczyk/ Ward 

Ricardo / Trai Hume?

New CB / Nelson 

Vestergaard / Coady

New LB / JJ

Winks / Hamza / Braybrooke

New RCM / Ndidi 

KDH / Yunus / Alves 

Fatawu / New Winger 

Vardy / Daka / Cannon 

Mavididi / Wanya 

Renew - Vesty, Vardy and Wilf. 
Release - Iheanacho, Albrighton, Praet
Buy - x5 players 
Sell - Faes, Soumaré, Souttar, Kristiansen, Thomas, Iversen

3 hours ago, Foxes96 said:

Initial thoughts below minimum. Ideally sell Daka and get another striker in as well - Hlozek? Dependent on someone paying his residual value I guess. Imagine incomings are going to be free’s/ loans/ low value id  imagine ie. Brownhill or Barkley. 

Hermansen / Stolarczyk/ Ward 

Ricardo / Trai Hume?

New CB / Nelson 

Vestergaard / Coady

New LB / JJ

Winks / Hamza / Braybrooke

New RCM / Ndidi 

KDH / Yunus / Alves 

Fatawu / New Winger 

Vardy / Daka / Cannon 

Mavididi / Wanya 

Renew - Vesty, Vardy and Wilf.