Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Next Seasons Squad - Can we now talk about it?

50 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

We need to ship out a load of players, most likely lose KDH, and have a complete squad overhaul. The squad was good enough for the Championship but looks no where near good enough for the Premier League. The gulf between the top of the Championship and the Premier League is massive. 

Wouldn't say it's a massive gulf from mid table downwards, there's only one team nailed on for relegation at the moment with 4 games left. IF we're promoted it all depends how we adapt along with recruitment, albeit we wouldn't be helped by a points deduction this time around. 

IF we get promoted (note the caveat, i agree it's still 50/50)

I would very much doubt we will be at more than 6 points deficit. I would also VERY much doubt we will be the only ones starting with a deficity and so the net impact may well not be as bad as expected. 

The loss of out of contract high earners like Ndidi, Albrighton, Vestegaard, potentially Vardy, Praet etc and the shifting on of deadwood like Soumare, Daka, Iheanacho will be a sea change for our financial operation. 

What is needed at this point is a concerted effort to let the old guard go and to bring in players that fit the manager (which you'd imagine will be Enzo's) style 100%. You can massively argue he has been playing square pegs in round holes for a lot of the season. Ricardo isn't a natural inverted fullback, Justin isn't a left back, Ndidi isnt' a number 8 etc etc

It could go tits up but at least it will be a change from the same old faces.

The only one that feels necessary to go, but that will smart, is Dewsbury-Hall, but if £40m keeps us off the FFP radar and he warms the bench for Brighton or Spurs then that's fine with me particularly given his lack of track record in the premier league.

• Like 1

i do wonder if wilf would like to stay. Can’t see him considering a pay cut though unfortunately.

He’s been the most improved player by quite some distance. 

Funnily enough, Sangare who was our dream replacement for him, has been pretty woeful for the scum 

1 hour ago, FosseSpark said:

IF we get promoted (note the caveat, i agree it's still 50/50)

Are you offering an even money bet on us going up? I'll have some of that! Far more generous than the bookmakers!

25 minutes ago, bmt said:

I think I'm one of our most optimistic fans and I find the timing of these posts wild. It isn't even that big a stretch for us to not go up still.

Its a huge stretch for us not to go up.  And I've been quite critical and negative on this team for months, but I don't see us messing this up. 

Edited by Koke

8 hours ago, ronnup said:

We're not promoted yet 

Worryingly there are plenty who haven't grasped this, two draws from two games could see us miss out. Some will be even cheering on Leeds tomorrow night so we can win it away at Preston.

You would think we're 20pts clear with 7 to play for the way some go on and not probably going into the last week with nothing decided yet.

People who were gutted that Leeds beat Middlesbrough will now be cheering on Leeds at QPR even though the point differential between us is the same.

Edited by Gerard

12 minutes ago, Koke said:

Its a huge stretch for us not to go up.  And I've been quite critical and negative on this team for months, but I don't see us messing this up. 

It's not about us not being positive, it's about being realistic. Two games left and we need 3pts so we don't have to rely on others slipping up and people have lost their intensity and focus if they think this is a foregone conclusion. Is it really that hard to believe that we lose away at Preston whilst Leeds win at QPR and Ipswich win both their games and we go into the final Sunday like this:

Ipswich 95pts 

Leicester 94pts 

------------------------------------

Leeds 93pts 

We cock this up 2-4% of the time.

32 minutes ago, Koke said:

By stretch I think we have a 95%+ chance of going up but it's feasible we don't. Definition of stretch perhaps

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Its a huge stretch for us not to go up.  And I've been quite critical and negative on this team for months, but I don't see us messing this up

There it is you ****. You've just jinxed it.

Leeds great form - I can't see Leeds messing up from here.

Ipswich continue their form - I can't see Ipswich messing up from here.

Southampton beat Preston 4-0  - I can't see Soton messing up from here.

There had to be someone who said it after Tuesdays result.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Haha 2

I don't think we are obliged to sign Akgun and I also don't see us selling KDH. Whats the point in selling our best player who will give us a much better chance of survival in the prem. 

Personally I think the club will just take the ffp hit and it will mean we have a points deduction next time we are in the championship. 

The way the efl have acted this season, I say 2 fingers up to them and keep our best players and hope we can stay up and don't have to deal with them feckers again 

18 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

There it is you ****. You've just jinxed it.

Leeds great form - I can't see Leeds messing up from here.

Ipswich continue their form - I can't see Leeds messing up from here.

Southampton beat Preston 4-0  - I can't see Soton messing up from here.

There had to be someone who said it after Tuesdays result.

Up until last Saturday we had won 3 out of the last 10 league games and people are going on that winning one of our last two is a formality and have took their eye off the ball. Let's hope Enzo and the players aren't as complacent as some of the fans or we could easily find ourselves coming in at 0-0 vs Blackburn at H/T and currently in 3rd position as things stand.

I’m looking forward to discussing next season in the PL on here. What we need, who we need to get rid of etc.

…but we can’t do it yet! We may yet need to win our remaining two games…which is far from guaranteed.

Should we discuss if Leeds lose tomorrow? We are up if that happens, but not necessarily as Champions, would discussing it curse us so we miss out to Ipswich?

spolier alert: would it ****

This is equivalent to being 3-0 up with 10 minutes to go. Can't believe people are wetting the bed because some of us think we're practically already there (95%). 

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1