Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Next Seasons Squad - Can we now talk about it?

We definitely need 2 new CBs. Cannot trust Faes or Vestergaard in the PL. And a new striker. And CMs. We need at least 5 or 6 starters. 

• Like 2

I think Vestegaard is fine for the Prem if he's not partnered by a bombscare. So Nelson to replace Faes or a new man in. Enzo needs to make a decision on an LB. Either Doyle perm, stick with JJ or get someone new in. Sensi in, maybe Wilf out for nowt and KDH out for some cash. Will anybody give us anything for Soumare or will Enzo take look at him? Does Vardy get offered/want another year? Cos let's be honest our strike options look wank for the level after we all thought preseason that was our strongest position.

I think Sensi and Brownhill will be the first two signings. Both been looked at previously. Both the right price!

Be interesting to see if we look at players we missed out on in the summer. Like Rak-Sakyi who stayed at Palace and barely mustered any minutes. He's a position we're happy with in Fatawu, but still if he can be loaned or bought at a decent price it's worth a look.

Edited by JimJams

Gonna be a huge overhaul surely. So many out of contract. 

Priority has to be a centre back. And I'd really try to keep wilf and riccy. Imagine bigger clubs will swoop though.

The amount of players we actually need us scary. We need a goal scorer as Daka and Iheanacho are not up to it. We need new CBs. We also need new CMs as I don't trust KDH in the PL. 

Just now, Koke said:

The amount of players we actually need us scary. We need a goal scorer as Daka and Iheanacho are not up to it. We need new CBs. We also need new CMs as I don't trust KDH in the PL. 

Well Kel is out of contract so it wouldn't matter if he was up to it.

Seriously - the only players I'm confident can step up. Fatawu, Mavididi, Winks, Ricardo and Hermansen. We need new strikers, new centre backs, and a new left back. Oh and probably another CM as KDH will probably be sold. But who cares - for now let's enjoy the moment. We're back!!!!

Funny how every opposition team we’ve beaten and a good number of pundits (particularly at the start of the season) bleated on that we were a Premier League side - yet most on here saying we need a complete overhaul. 
I think the truth is somewhere in between - I never bought the idea that we were a PL side playing in the Championship. People forget we lost Maddison, Barnes, Tielemans, Castagne, Evans etc over the summer. We didn’t replace them with any proven PL quality bar Winks and Coady (although the latter made no real impact on the pitch). We brought in the likes of Hermansen, Mavididi and Fatawu who look like PL players but have never been. And we revitalised some who had been discarded like Vestergaard and Choudhiry, as well as playing some in new positions (Ndidi and Ricardo). All of that happened with Maresca coming in fairly late in the summer, so I think we’ll be fine to do what needs to be done over the next three or four months. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

With our previous PSR misdemeanours are we in a position to buy anyone, or will we have to work with what we've got? Surely got to be much tighter control on the purse strings.

Having said that I don't want any of those that didn't fancy it in the Championship to try and slither back in; you know who you are. He receives stick, but fair play to people like Faes who were prepared to stick it out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sly said:

It looks like Bologna are set to activate the £12m release clause on Kristensen, so that will help. 

Let's hope so because we are going to have to sell before we can buy and that is if the transfer embargo currently under football league rules is not extended by the PL.

I suspect that there will be fewer incomings than we really need and any that do come in will be free transfers or loans. Even the purchase of Abdul Fatawu is uncertain right now. Quite possible some other club might hijack that deal as currently I'm not sure we are able to buy him?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, reynard said:

Let's hope so because we are going to have to sell before we can buy and that is if the transfer embargo currently under football league rules is not extended by the PL.

I suspect that there will be fewer incomings than we really need and any that do come in will be free transfers or loans. Even the purchase of Abdul Fatawu is uncertain right now. Quite possible some other club might hijack that deal as currently I'm not sure we are able to buy him?

We can buy Fatawu, we can’t register him.

That’s the EFL though. 

The Premier League won’t impose a transfer ban on us. It will be a points deduction.

• Like 2

I know we needed to go all out to get back up, but I think if there was one disappointment from this season is our failure to really bring some of the youngsters through. Will be even harder flooding them in the Prem.

3 minutes ago, reynard said:

Even the purchase of Abdul Fatawu is uncertain right now. Quite possible some other club might hijack that deal as currently I'm not sure we are able to buy him?

From what I understand, it's more of an embargo on registering players than purchasing them, right? We could still buy him (and it's an obligation to buy as I understand it), but can't register him in a squad until we're free of said embargo. Which we should be by getting out of the EFL.

• Like 1