Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jimmy

Elvis keen to set the record straight

Elvis Hammond is hoping to banish the memories of Gresty Road when the Foxes take on Crewe Alexandra on Saturday.

The 25-year-old striker made his first start for the club against the Railwaymen, but despite an all-action display the former Fulham man could count himself unfortunate not to get on the scoresheet.

And now he is hoping that he can right a few wrongs when the two sides meet again this weekend.

He said: "Don't remind me of that game at Crewe because I am still having nightmares about it. But we are playing them on Saturday so I've got the chance to set the record straight.

"I think I did just about everything but score at Gresty Road. It couldn't have got any worse for me on the day and I just didn't get the rub of the green.

"As a striker it is all about goals and I was desperate to score on my full debut. The fans made me feel really welcome on that day and I hope I can try and reward them this weekend."

The Foxes go into the game on the back of three home defeats, but Elvis believes the home fans can help cheer on City to a win.

He added: "It would be great to make amends for our recent bad run in front of our own fans. It looks like there is going to be a big crowd as well so hopefully we can give everyone something to cheer about.

"As players it is difficult to emphasise how big a part the fans play in what happens on the pitch. It all starts when you run out from the tunnel, and if you can see a full stadium that automatically gives you a buzz. There is going to be a big crowd against Crewe and I am really looking forward to playing in front of a packed house at the Walkers.

"I am in the team at the moment but I certainly won't be resting on my laurels. I will just keep giving my all - that's all I can do.

"We are going through a spell at the moment when we just don't seem to be able to do anything right, but we know it will all come together. We will just carry on working."

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~755967,00.html

He's forming a good partnership with Hume. It needs to continue. No De Vries please!

In The "FOR ATTENTION OF THRACIAN" thread it seems Leveins hints that only change/s will be at the back, so we could be in luck!!

Their link up play against Stoke was top notch. They were close enough together, but then again far enough apart to create a good attacking partnership.

Come on Elvis and Iain, lets keep it going :thumbup:

"As players it is difficult to emphasise how big a part the fans play in what happens on the pitch. It all starts when you run out from the tunnel, and if you can see a full stadium that automatically gives you a buzz. There is going to be a big crowd against Crewe and I am really looking forward to playing in front of a packed house at the Walkers.

You should get a buzz even if it isn't a full house Elvis, I get a buzz playing down the park with a coke can :)

Archived