Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Sylla To Weigh Up Options

Sometimes a benefit of the doubt is required especially when dealing with children. It also occasionally beneficial for people to see what lies beneath peoples' perceived persona.

Not sure I understand the second bit Davie but personally I don't think there's any doubt to give benefit to in this instance. That's just my view though but I admire your tolerance.

Not sure I understand the second bit Davie but personally I don't think there's any doubt to give benefit to in this instance. That's just my view though but I admire your tolerance.

The second bit was to do with true colours being shown, certainly no pun intended there, hopefully allowing people to make their own judgement e.g if it had been deleted you wouldn't have seen it and therefore would have less knowledge. As it is you are free to make you're own judgement which you did, others may wish to follow your example.

I guess my comment about benefit and doubt was perhaps a bit flippant in the circumstances.

you go off and have a nice time throwing spears whilst we pay your wages

Nice one Lush, if ever you thought about getting back onto 'General Chat' you've done your chances the world of good with that little insight!

Nice one Lush, if ever you thought about getting back onto 'General Chat' you've done your chances the world of good with that little insight!

Hi I'm a new un on here, been reading through the posts, some very good stuff , then I get to this post, which is fine, until the "Spear chucker" remark, bit childish, and narrow minded, I know folk are allowed their own opinions, however the only place for this is the bin I believe. Is the person who posted this going to back themselves up with a reason why they feel this way or are we to put up with this ?

Really sorry this is my first post, 'd much rather be talking about our players playing !

Oh, and for the record, I think Sylla isn't as bad as people are making out.

Hi I'm a new un on here, been reading through the posts, some very good stuff , then I get to this post, which is fine, until the "Spear chucker" remark, bit childish, and narrow minded, I know folk are allowed their own opinions, however the only place for this is the bin I believe. Is the person who posted this going to back themselves up with a reason why they feel this way or are we to put up with this ?

Really sorry this is my first post, 'd much rather be talking about our players playing !

When he wants, he can be quite good indeed but unfortunately I don't think he wants to often enough. He's got the ability, has he got the motivation to do his best? I don't think so. No-one is challenging him for his place at the moment. He's guaranteed a starting place week in week out. Even if he has a terrible game he knows he'll be playing again next match. He's in a massive comfort zone here at the moment.

Oh he ain't bad matey he is just plain lazy :thumbup:

i think we'll be waiting a while for that........

re. sylla, maybe if he does go and this grithiffths :blink:;) chap does well then it could give him (sylla) the kick up the arse he desperately needs at the moment

i think we'll be waiting a while for that........

re. sylla, maybe if he does go and this grithiffths :blink:;) chap does well then it could give him (sylla) the kick up the arse he desperately needs at the moment

I agree. Even if he isn't the most talented of wingers himself I think he will make Sylla raise his game a good few % just knowing there is another senior right winger after his place. If that happens, it'll be worth our while bringing him in because a motivated Sylla will be like a new signing even if the Griffiths bloke isn't a world beater himself.

When was the last time the european championships were held during our season :rolleyes: He should honour his contract like a man. If he goes we should fine him all the wages he could earn whilst fleeing our sinking ship, and when he comes back, if he aint up to scratch, we dont pay him untill he is.

you do realise fifa can ban him from playing for us for the duration of the tornament, if ginuea insist he goes and he doesn't "retire" from international football

you do realise fifa can ban him from playing for us for the duration of the tornament, if ginuea insist he goes and he doesn't "retire" from international football

That won't matter in the Weird World of Lush.

Regarding Sylla, he's frustrating, a bit like Williams. Has a lot of ability, but his application and effort let him down.

The second bit was to do with true colours being shown, certainly no pun intended there, hopefully allowing people to make their own judgement e.g if it had been deleted you wouldn't have seen it and therefore would have less knowledge. As it is you are free to make you're own judgement which you did, others may wish to follow your example.

I guess my comment about benefit and doubt was perhaps a bit flippant in the circumstances.

Ah! With you now.

Fair point.

Regardless of how good Sylla is at the present time playing in a City shirt, doesn't every player have the right to play for his country if selected? Why is it different because the competition is an African one?

No doubt all this has bben discussed within the club at the time of his signing and allowances have been made should he decide to play for his country. :blink:

Oh please, stop being so wishy-washy, Lush's comments about Sylla 'throwing spears' was racially abusive. End of story.

I appreciate you leaving his comments for all you see, and hence judge, but I'd hazard a guess that I'm not alone in feeling dissapointed that none of the mods of this forum have (afaik) visibly taken any steps to speak out or take action against the comments.

Oh please, stop being so wishy-washy, Lush's comments about Sylla 'throwing spears' was racially abusive. End of story.

I appreciate you leaving his comments for all you see, and hence judge, but I'd hazard a guess that I'm not alone in feeling dissapointed that none of the mods of this forum have (afaik) visibly taken any steps to speak out or take action against the comments.

Well he has been banned!

Well he has been banned!

I hadn't realised that when I made my comments as I didn't see anything about any action being taken. Good to see you guys tackling this kind of behaviour in an appropriate manner.

:)

Back on topic... I think we'll miss Sylla if he goes, but, I think he should be allowed to go and represent his country without having to face any criticism from City supporters. It's part and parcel of modern day football and we should be proud that so many of our players are called up for international duty.

I think he should go if he wants. There's not much the club can do about it anyway, and you can't argue with a player wanting to represent his country.

He's only one player, and arguably, he's been fairly ineffective at times.

It sounds like this Aussie trialist may be signed as a replacement. If not, Hammond, Hughes or another signing will most probably fill the gap.

I don't think Smith would be moved to the right wing as some are suggesting. There will probably be certain conditions laid down by the Arse, such as that he always starts when fit, he doesn't start if less than 95% fit and that we don't fanny about playing him out of position.

And this was?

Besides, mods do not have the power to ban members. Admin can, and in this case, have done.

Archived