Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Sylla To Weigh Up Options

City winger Momo Sylla faces a tough decision next month, the usual classic of club versus country.

He is sure to be selected in the Guinea squad for the African Nations Cup which starts in Egypt on January 20, but Sylla has not yet said whether he will go or stay to play with City in a vital part of the season.

Sylla pulled out of a previous African Nations squad, under a former national team manager, and faced a lot of pressure following that decision. But that is a risk he might take again.

Sylla said: "I thought the decision before, which put a lot of pressure on me and my family, might have meant that I did not get another chance. But I have been told I will be selected for this year's competition.

"It is a big honour to play in the competition and I do not know if I will get another chance but I have still not decided what to do. It depends on how Leicester are doing.

"I do not want to go and let everyone here down if the team are not doing well.

"I enjoy playing for Leicester and want to do well for them, but I want my country to do well in Egypt too."

Sylla's skills have been a hallmark of a lot of City's good play in recent weeks and, with boss Craig Levein believing his midfield four are settling into a strong combination, the loss of the former Celtic wideman would mean a loss of continuity.

Levein is looking at Australian trialist Joel Griffiths as a possible replacement when the transfer window opens at the end of this month but he obviously wants Sylla to stay if possible because a call-up could mean up to three weeks away.

The last time Sylla pulled out of the Guinea squad it was because he wanted to stake his claim at Celtic in the light of stiff competition. That is not quite the case here as, in form and fully fit, his name is one of the first on the team sheet.

His decision might be made easier if City put a few results together and stop looking over their shoulder at the wrong end of the table for the weeks the African Nations would remove him from the league scene.

And until the picture becomes clearer, City can only wait and hope

"It is a big honour to play in the competition and I do not know if I will get another chance but I have still not decided what to do. It depends on how Leicester are doing.

This is a statement of a commited city player?? :rolleyes: its a big facking honour to play for city, BIGGER!

"I do not want to go and let everyone here down if the team are not doing well.

Dont worry mate, we have joel, you go off and have a nice time throwing spears whilst we pay your wages :( Im sorry folks, but this attitude will help get us nowhere very fast, we need committed to the cause players, and hes not.

"I enjoy playing for Leicester and want to do well for them, but I want my country to do well in Egypt too."

So your going then. Stop beating about the bush, and just say your going cos you`d rather play for guinea pig or whaever your country is called.

We might not need you now anyway, joel has arrived, and well, he may take your p/t attitude on and win.

Come on what else do you all expect him to say.

Imagine you had to choose between playing for Leicester or playing for England in the Euro Championships - give the guy a break.

Imagine you had to choose between playing for Leicester or playing for England in the Euro Championships - give the guy a break.

I'm totally happy for him to choose playing for Guinea. I'd rather he did.

When was the last time the european championships were held during our season :rolleyes: He should honour his contract like a man. If he goes we should fine him all the wages he could earn whilst fleeing our sinking ship, and when he comes back, if he aint up to scratch, we dont pay him untill he is.

When was the last time the european championships were held during our season :rolleyes: He should honour his contract like a man. If he goes we should fine him all the wages he could earn whilst fleeing our sinking ship, and when he comes back, if he aint up to scratch, we dont pay him untill he is.

Well it's hardly his fault that the two overlap. Clubs, and there are lots of them have to accept that if they sign a player from another continent they must pay the consequences of them disappearing for international competitions with any financial/wages requirements/corrections accounted for in their contract.

Besides he hasn't said yet whether he's going or not.

You just can't go five minutes without finding something or someone to have a go at can you?

Well it's hardly his fault that the two overlap. Clubs, and there are lots of them have to accept that if they sign a player from another continent they must pay the consequences of them disappearing for international competitions with any financial/wages requirements/corrections accounted for in their contract.

Besides he hasn't said yet whether he's going or not.

You just can't go five minutes without finding something or someone to have a go at can you?

If its not sylla staying or going it season ticket holders getting and unfair deal at the footie :rolleyes:

Clubs, and there are lots of them have to accept that if they sign a player from another continent they must pay the consequences of them disappearing for international competitions with any financial/wages requirements/corrections accounted for in their contract.

So its all craig leveins fault, that we have to pay someone thousands of pounds whilst he plays for guinea, sack him now ;) I just think sylla should just shut up until the time comes to make a decision. Hes pandering to the guallable city fans now, so they wont dislike him then.

If its not sylla staying or going it season ticket holders getting and unfair deal at the footie :rolleyes:

I`ll watch your back, you try watching mine :rolleyes: The people who work for LCFC arnt beautiful harmonious brilliant people, they get large sums of money to run our club. They dont care about you :D

You could say that the club were fully aware when they signed Sylla that he could be away for a few weeks in January and if they are that bothered about it that they shouldn't of signed him. It's hardly come as a shock to the club and it's probably a blessing in disguise if he goes and we get this Griffiths lad.

So its all craig leveins fault, that we have to pay someone thousands of pounds whilst he plays for guinea, sack him now ;) I just think sylla should just shut up until the time comes to make a decision. Hes pandering to the guallable city fans now, so they wont dislike him then.

So you've seen his contract have you, you know for certain that if he goes we will still pay him, well if you're that close to the club and it's dealings why are you forever moaning about them.

Don't you think the club has something to do with all this publicity after all it's on their website, they will have editorial control. Maybe you should take some of you're own advice about shutting up, until you know the facts :P .

There is no way he is not going to play in the African Nations Cup, so why doesn't he just come out and say it, instead of trying to endear himself to the fans!

He should justifiably play for his country!

That quote on it's own deserves a ban.

Sometimes a benefit of the doubt is required especially when dealing with children. It also occasionally beneficial for people to see what lies beneath peoples' perceived persona.

Please go momo!! I hope he doesnt come back to be quite honest - he's shoite!!

Also, which absolute no mark wrote the original article????? I quote:

Sylla's skills have been a hallmark of a lot of City's good play in recent weeks

WHAT????? Is he talking about sylla's five a side performances in training because in the 11 a side version i havent seen his skills being the hallmark of ANY of citys good play. goon :blink:

Please go momo!! I hope he doesnt come back to be quite honest - he's shoite!!

Also, which absolute no mark wrote the original article????? I quote:

Sylla's skills have been a hallmark of a lot of City's good play in recent weeks

WHAT????? Is he talking about sylla's five a side performances in training because in the 11 a side version i havent seen his skills being the hallmark of ANY of citys good play. goon :blink:

I hink he was talking about Sylla good play with City on FIFA 2006 on the Xbox!!! :D:D

Archived