Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Positives thread

After all the negative posts we've had lately lets list all the positives from leveins time here :D

-signing mccarthy

-signing gerrbrand

-signing hume

-signing maybury

-making stearman a first teamer

-having hume and hammond up front

-charlton in the fa cup

- reading in the fa cup

- being able to watch ryan smith play for us

- beating sheff utd 4-2

- Gudjonsson becoming a lot better player

feel free to add more :D

2006 - Levein replaced by Dave Penney

Wow, clever. 1 good cup run and you think he's king. yes he may ahve got them promoted a couple of times but those leagues are weak. Why can't anyone support the club instead of being pestimistic and quite frankly gay :angry:

Wow, clever. 1 good cup run and you think he's king. yes he may ahve got them promoted a couple of times but those leagues are weak. Why can't anyone support the club instead of being pestimistic and quite frankly gay :angry:

I don't think you can accuse anyone here of not supporting the club.

Whether or not we all think Levein should be in charge or not is immaterial.. we're all hoping city get the three points each game.

Bringing in players that the fans can identify with, like he said he would. Of course there is always some we won't like, but far from as many as the Micky Adams era, after Muzzy i used to struggle to find a player I liked.

Bringing in Ryan Smith, one of the brightest prospects in English football, and giving players in the youth team hope and chances of making it into the first team - Stearman, Sheehan, Wesolowski.

If he does leave, at least he's left us with potential, and something to build on. Micky left us with nothing but a rebuilding job. I for one hope he can turn it around and stay because there is so much potential there now, but i just can't see it anymore. :(

Bringing in players that the fans can identify with, like he said he would. Of course there is always some we won't like, but far from as many as the Micky Adams era, after Muzzy i used to struggle to find a player to like.

Bringing in Ryan Smith, one of the brightest prospects in English football, and giving players in the youth team hope and chances of making it into the first team - Stearman, Sheehan, Wesolowski.

If he does leave, at least he's left us with potential, and something to build on. Micky left us with nothing but a rebuilding job. I for one hope he can turn it around and stay because there is so much potential there now, but i just can't see it anymore . :(

That sums up my whole viewpoint of the situation at Leicester City right now so well. My favourite player was always Muzzy too.

Bringing in players that the fans can identify with, like he said he would. Of course there is always some we won't like, but far from as many as the Micky Adams era, after Muzzy i used to struggle to find a player I liked.

If he does leave, at least he's left us with potential, and something to build on. Micky left us with nothing but a rebuilding job. I for one hope he can turn it around and stay because there is so much potential there now, but i just can't see it anymore. :(

Stick in there :D, i can just about still see the potential although through a steamed up window :D

Its there and its just waiting to come out, just needs the ignition to get it going :D

I don't think you can accuse anyone here of not supporting the club.

Whether or not we all think Levein should be in charge or not is immaterial.. we're all hoping city get the three points each game.

getting on the club's back isnt going to help matters. Levein has got to be feeling the heat i agree, but why cant you see that we'll be in turmoil if he leaves. A new manager doesnt neccesarily result in an improvement, and we could be in serious trouble before things start to pick up.

getting on the club's back isnt going to help matters. Levein has got to be feeling the heat i agree, but why cant you see that we'll be in turmoil if he leaves. A new manager doesnt neccesarily result in an improvement, and we could be in serious trouble before things start to pick up.

I know that. But in my opinion, it's more likely to result in an improvement that leaving Levein in charge.

That's as black and white as it is with me. Levein isn't doing a good job, he's not getting the results and he has the look of a beaten man who has run out of ideas.

I think being away (geographically) from it all a bit has given me a bit more objectivity, through distance, and it is with that perspective that I say... Levein Out.

This isn't an impulse thing after a game... or after 2 games, this really is my considered opinion and I haven't seen anything to dissuade me from it. I do read the posts with an open mind.. but the general arguments seems to be that a new manager might not improve things... well, I agree. But it might improve things and in my opinion, it's more likely to yield improvement than to let CL continue.

I can assure you, I do support LCFC.

I support the club. I have supported Levein and now I am thinking it might be best for the club if we start thinking about getting a new leader. We are staring relegation in the face already. I can't see how things are going to turn around. we have a game in hand over most teams at the bottom but I don't think we are going to win it.. even though it's only Plymouth. Thats an example of how our expectations as fans of this club have fallen lately.. "oo.. Plymouth, fingers crossed we can scrape a point there". I've had enough of these crap results, Millwall at home is the best chance we were gona get to grab 3 points in a game this season and we failed to do so. Aside from the results I think Levein has done well, but the results are the most important thing.. are they not, with them we get promotion and cups, without them we get relegation and possibly in extreme circumstances.. liquidation.

I'm not saying Penney is the definate answer. I'd just like to see us bring in a lower league manager and hopefully we can unearth another decent young prospect there. As for your comments about them being ina lower league, I think you will find it ain't all that big a gulf. You look at Forest, they went down and they arent exactly running away with the league one top place are they?.. and look at Wigan, only went to the Premiership last year for the first time ever and they've got themselves in the top 6. The gulf isn't as big as you make out.. atleast in all but finance-wise...

I know that. But in my opinion, it's more likely to result in an improvement that leaving Levein in charge.

That's as black and white as it is with me. Levein isn't doing a good job, he's not getting the results and he has the look of a beaten man who has run out of ideas.

I think being away (geographically) from it all a bit has given me a bit more objectivity, through distance, and it is with that perspective that I say... Levein Out.

This isn't an impulse thing after a game... or after 2 games, this really is my considered opinion and I haven't seen anything to dissuade me from it. I do read the posts with an open mind.. but the general arguments seems to be that a new manager might not improve things... well, I agree. But it might improve things and in my opinion, it's more likely to yield improvement than to let CL continue.

I can assure you, I do support LCFC.

But surely either way you expect instant success. I assume you did when we got relegated and Adams didnt start too well, and i see that you expect that Levein gets us promoted instantly. I also assume that you will want this if a new manager comes in.

However what makes you think that a new manager will bring instant success, keep us up in the short-term, and ultimately take us back up to the premiership?

But surely either way you expect instant success. I assume you did when we got relegated and Adams didnt start too well, and i see that you expect that Levein gets us promoted instantly. I also assume that you will want this if a new manager comes in.

However what makes you think that a new manager will bring instant success, keep us up in the short-term, and ultimately take us back up to the premiership?

Not the case.

I just find it a bit worrying that he's taken a squad which finished higher in the league last season, supposedly improved it and we find ourselves a couple of places off the relegation zone over a year in to his reign.

I don't demand promotion - far from it. But we should be a hell of a lot higher in the league and the buck stops with Levein for that.

I personally dont even expect him to get us promoted at the minute, I think thats asking a bit much, but I do expect him not to get us RELEGATED. Also remember hes been here for a fair while now so that instant success line is tripe =/ instant success in my eyes is employing a manager and them turning things around completely within a few months. I was very happy and excited when we appointed Levein, hes a young manager with clear ambition and I thought we'd unearthed a gem of a find given the circumstances we were in at that time... we are still in those kind of circumstances now. If you wanted you could say that the fact we seem to be playing well is a sign that we will soon see a pick up in results but we have been seeing/hearing that since about the start of this season and have we seen a pick up in results? Have we bollacks.....

Well, im obviosuly not going to be able to out-debate you, so i might stop here.

Although Levein hasn't been great here, i still believe he deserves more time. We've had the most shots in the championship, not bad for a clueless manager. Our strikers should have put more of them away. That is NOT leveins fault. You can not blame him for poor finishing. that is totally up to the players on the day.

Well, im obviosuly not going to be able to out-debate you, so i might stop here.

Although Levein hasn't been great here, i still believe he deserves more time. We've had the most shots in the championship, not bad for a clueless manager. Our strikers should have put more of them away. That is NOT leveins fault. You can not blame him for poor finishing. that is totally up to the players on the day.

Well if he signed someone who could finish....

:D

Shall we stop arguing now then? :P

You've left yourself open there for the old

"its levein who signs the players "

Archived