Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Positives thread

We have gone from once being labelled as one of the best set piece sides in the world by Arsene Wenger, to being a side that.. well... isn't. Like it or lump it set pieces are quite an important part of the game, I think we play some pretty football at times, we need to work on our set pieces alot more. We will reap the rewards if we do this properly.

Sorry this is just another of the problems I would like to stick on Levein's 'to do list'

We have no height to do anything at set peices :unsure:

I bet i'm making a few enemies on this forum tonight :rolleyes:

Exactly.

Team full of midgets, we're just a team full of midgets...

Anish bit off subject i know, but why have you got de vries and tiatto in your sig :ermm:

It's very very old, I made it at the start of the season when De Vries scored a few goals! I haven't got the time to make a new one so I've kept this one, even if it has the crappy MDV and Tiatto on it :unsure:

And you've left yourself open for the old

''Leicester have no money'' ;)

he had some money, he invested it in Hume ( not a bad one for the future ) and Hammond, a player who would be on his way back to Fulham with his tail between his legs had Connolly of still been here.

I know that. But in my opinion, it's more likely to result in an improvement that leaving Levein in charge.

That's as black and white as it is with me. Levein isn't doing a good job, he's not getting the results and he has the look of a beaten man who has run out of ideas.

I think being away (geographically) from it all a bit has given me a bit more objectivity, through distance, and it is with that perspective that I say... Levein Out.

This isn't an impulse thing after a game... or after 2 games, this really is my considered opinion and I haven't seen anything to dissuade me from it. I do read the posts with an open mind.. but the general arguments seems to be that a new manager might not improve things... well, I agree. But it might improve things and in my opinion, it's more likely to yield improvement than to let CL continue.

I can assure you, I do support LCFC.

When you start blaming it on bad luck week in and week out we KNOW he has ran out of ideas.

Positives bringing age down of squad, bringing in hume, gerrbrand, mccarthy and nils. Making us play more passing football. Unfortenatly this isnt enough.

and him and his coaches who train them

Yes, but they must have some skill in the first place :huh:

When you start blaming it on bad luck week in and week out we KNOW he has ran out of ideas.

Positives bringing age down of squad, bringing in hume, gerrbrand, mccarthy and nils. Making us play more passing football. Unfortenatly this isnt enough.

You say Nils is a positive, are you joking? lol

We have had a lot of bad luck though, we should have had a penalty against Millwall when Hume was fouled in the box but we didnt get it. Stoke away, we dominated the game, then Sylla was a willy puller and we capitulated. There are other examples but its too early in the morning for me :unsure:

Every team has some bad luck.

Unless you think that Chelsea are just really lucky and Millwall really unlucky, you can't equate position in the league table to luck.

I don't believe that it completely evens itself out over a season, but in general all teams get bits of good luck and bad luck. Good teams, get on with it.

Unless you think that Chelsea are just really lucky and Millwall really unlucky, you can't equate position in the league table to luck.

I don't believe that it completely evens itself out over a season, but in general all teams get bits of good luck and bad luck. Good teams, get on with it.

But we're not a good team :ermm:

I thought we'd already established that ;)

And also PH, want another arguement :D

But we're not a good team :ermm:

I thought we'd already established that ;)

And also PH, want another arguement :D

Exactly, we're not a good team. But whinging on about bad luck is pathetic on behalf of the players and Levein. Fans will always lament bad luck for their team, but when the management and players refer to it at every opportunity, you wonder whether they are in denial over the real problems.

Examples have been given time and again, but as a brief reminder, getting someone in as a settled left back, sorting out our awful set pieces (we win usuall7 10+ a game, all wasted)..

I don't really want another argument, but I'm certainly not going to agree that Levein is doing a good job, nor that he is the right man for the job.

If the board keeps the faith with him though, it's elementary, because I'll continue to support Leicester City whatever.

Exactly, we're not a good team. But whinging on about bad luck is pathetic on behalf of the players and Levein. Fans will always lament bad luck for their team, but when the management and players refer to it at every opportunity, you wonder whether they are in denial over the real problems.

Examples have been given time and again, but as a brief reminder, getting someone in as a settled left back, sorting out our awful set pieces (we win usuall7 10+ a game, all wasted)..

I don't really want another argument, but I'm certainly not going to agree that Levein is doing a good job, nor that he is the right man for the job.

If the board keeps the faith with him though, it's elementary, because I'll continue to support Leicester City whatever.

Well said.

I can't stand this talk of bad luck to defend Levein. Yes we may have got a penalty in the last minte v Millwall, but I thought we were slightly fortuitous to get the one we were given. As for being unlucky v Stoke, we capitulated, pure and simple. You can't blame Sylla's stupidity on bad luck, it was poor play. In my opinion we've been lucky not to concede more penalties than we have done - I recall 2 or 3 occasions when Douglas has clattered into the striker and we've got away with it.

You can't blame any sendings off because of luck. You can't blame some of the goals we've conceded because of bad luck (besides the Leeds 2nd goal). How much bad luck have we had? Not as much as some people make out.

Archived