Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

My E-Mail to Mr. Peter Jones

I've just sent the following E-Mail to Peter Jones, the club's supporters representative, with the hope that it'd be read and cause at least a little stir up there:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Jones,

I've been a Leicester City fan for many, many years although I'm only 25. In the last five to ten years, the club has gone through ups and downs unlike any other club in Britain. Other clubs ceased to exist due to financial mishaps, but with the help of some outstanding people, our club is still going. One could say that Leicester's biggest football club has always had a very shaky time, there were hardly any periods of consolidation. And the reasonable fans know that.

I've been to Leicester twice so far and always enjoyed my time on the Island. Through football, I've made wonderful friends I'm still in contact with through the official messageboard and foxestalk.co.uk.

However, the recent development leaves me deeply concerned. I have always had faith in the club, the manager and the team. But after the first half of the season, things can no longer be excused.

- The club's policy regarding ticket prices is still outrageous. I don't know how the management justifies 20 - 25 pounds per game. Given the current performances, you just can't demand such a thing. Fans get the general feeling that they wasted time and, most of all, a big amount of money for nothing. Lowering the ticket prices (by about 10 to 15 percent) would result in a higher attendance, I'm sure of that.

- What sort of contract is our current coach on? A lot of fans are generally concerned about the fact that he promised too much at the start of the season, bagged in a multi-year contract and now basically lives on that guaranteed money. Also, is that contract valid in case of a relegation to League One as well?

- There are several players within the team who are greatly underperforming or just not up for the job. It can't be that we just sign players thanks to their former (international) reputation. It doesn't guarantee that they'll fit together within the new squad at all. We concede way too many cards (especially the red ones) and we seem to have a few experts in that field. I also sense a general lack of compassion, but at the same time, I also know that it's not just simply the player's fault.

- How come we can't start more consecutive games with a regular starting eleven? It seems to me that juggling around with players and their respective positions does more harm than good. I can't accept the explanation that we have a lot of injured, ill or banned players no more. The latter is the player's fault. It is the purpose of the pre-season and exhibition games to find out who plays best with whom.

- The regular formation changes destroy an even flow of the game. 4-5-1 is just not the answer. It irritates fans as well as the players. We have a youthful squad, so why not play an attacking football style, say just a normal 4-4-2, a 4-3-1-2 or even a 4-3-3?

- For what professional football players, coaches and managers earn, they should be ashamed of themselves. Other people work night and day, maybe even seven days a week and still earn a lot less. I know that sports in general is an unpredictable thing, which is why it can be so exciting. At least sometimes. But wouldn't it be a sign for everybody if the wages would be lowered by some percent, as a direct result of the poor displays on the pitch, as a method of motivation? When there's nothing to fight for, no wonder there's a general "I don't care" attitude on and off the pitch.

I understand that I'm not in a position to directly change those things. It is not my job. But just like many other thousands of loyal supporters, we are witnesses to the action on the pitch. And although it's a joy to see young players, who definitely have potential, please our eyes and rip their hearts out on almost every single gameday, it is simply frustrating to go home with disappointing results caused by concentration mistakes, personal misbehaviour by the players and the same old petty excuses from the coach and the players.

I'm sure you and other representatives within the club have heard or received similar reactions from fans all over the place. I sense that a lot of loyal followers are truly afraid of the way things are going with the club. I know that it takes time to move a club of this size around, especially with the financial limitations we have. But there comes one point were the same old promises and excuses just don't work no longer. It just can't be that we play "attractive football", a statement made by opponent fans, players and coaches, and perform so miserably in terms of results. We all want to avoid becoming another Nottingham Forest.

I guess the general anger is just a symptom of fear. We all love this club but hate the position we're in right now.

It would be more than right if this (or other fan mail) would be read to the club's representatives on the management level, the coach(es) as well as the players. Just as a reminder. Maybe somebody finally has the guts to admit they've made mistakes, issue the necessary message and turn things around before it is too late.

And if you or Mr. Sanders could finally find an agreement with PTV concerning the lousy OS messageboard service, that'd be just awesome. It is time to change the old layout, introduce moderators and make it faster.

Yours sincerely,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It would be more than right if this (or other fan mail) would be read to the club's representatives on the management level, the coach(es) as well as the players. Just as a reminder. Maybe somebody finally has the guts to admit they've made mistakes, issue the necessary message and turn things around before it is too late.

Im not at all sure anyone has made mistakes, not glaring ones anyway. The club has had to slash the wage bill by half, which means the playing staff has taken a major blow, whos fault was that? Mick adams wasted too much perhaps?

How do you suggest LCFC change things? I mean, its the playing performances that need to change if city are to progress better. Are you suggesting we change the manager? Is it worthwhile to do so, we`d be turning the clock back one year just to do it all again.

Too much emotion has occured from peoples hearts. Im convinced we have better players now than this time last year, THAT is credit to all at LCFC, in particular craig levein. Jumping on the bandwagon of emotional blame, will not make things better because it suits the heart.

My question to everyone is, what makes you think by getting in another manager, that things will be any different. The players will still be the same dudes kicking a ball...

Craig has now sold connolly for £3M, he was a bag of infant turd according to some people before that deal. We have in replacement a better all round player and striker in hume, and elvis is a bonus. We have a brilliant winger in smith (who is basicly a 7 month contract player, like the 3-12 month contract players, mickey was signing).

We have better defenders, we just need our leader to install leadership qualities on the pitch.

I say we stop getting over emotional about our club, and give craig untill feb 1 to change things. HE DESERVES THAT.

My focus has never been on the manager solely. It is by far more complicated than that.

Change starts with the management first, maybe by thinking over the pricing policy and the player's wages (maybe by cutting it by a fair bit). Both suggestions mentionned in my mail to Peter Jones.

And you actually just repeat what I've already posted.

copycat.jpg

The problem isn't the young and hungry players like Smith, Hume, Sheehan or McCarthy. It's the older ones like Douglas, Tiatto, DeVries, Dublin who are more of a high risk to the club's future development. I often times have the impression that they just don't want to play or just can't cope any more.

And so far, we've received 2 million pounds from Wigan. The Connolly deal will only net us another million IF the Latics manage to stay up. So please be more precise.

The problem isn't the young and hungry players like Smith, Hume, Sheehan or McCarthy. It's the older ones like Douglas, Tiatto, DeVries, Dublin who are more of a high risk to the club's future development. I often times have the impression that they just don't want to play or just can't cope any more.

And so far, we've received 2 million pounds from Wigan. The Connolly deal will only net us another million IF the Latics manage to stay up. So please be more precise.

Ive been telling everyone that de lump and dublin are awful, for months now. I would "throw in" wilcox and williams into that category too. In recent times douglas hasnt done the bizz.

Dont be so padantic, wigan have 34pts with 19 games to go, they rarely conceed goals, their SAFE!!

Hullcox, elvis was a bonus signing, on top of the hume deal, in accordance with the 2mill from wigan.

swisspiss, when have you seen elvis playing like a liability???

Im not at all sure anyone has made mistakes, not glaring ones anyway. The club has had to slash the wage bill by half, which means the playing staff has taken a major blow, whos fault was that? Mick adams wasted too much perhaps?

How do you suggest LCFC change things? I mean, its the playing performances that need to change if city are to progress better. Are you suggesting we change the manager? Is it worthwhile to do so, we`d be turning the clock back one year just to do it all again.

Too much emotion has occured from peoples hearts. Im convinced we have better players now than this time last year, THAT is credit to all at LCFC, in particular craig levein. Jumping on the bandwagon of emotional blame, will not make things better because it suits the heart.

My question to everyone is, what makes you think by getting in another manager, that things will be any different. The players will still be the same dudes kicking a ball...

Craig has now sold connolly for £3M, he was a bag of infant turd according to some people before that deal. We have in replacement a better all round player and striker in hume, and elvis is a bonus. We have a brilliant winger in smith (who is basicly a 7 month contract player, like the 3-12 month contract players, mickey was signing).

We have better defenders, we just need our leader to install leadership qualities on the pitch.

I say we stop getting over emotional about our club, and give craig untill feb 1 to change things. HE DESERVES THAT.

Why Feb 1st Lush? His Birthday or something...... Or is that when the fairies come to the bottom of the garden?

Why Feb 1st Lush? His Birthday or something...... Or is that when the fairies come to the bottom of the garden?

He deserves the chance to change things. For me, hes not had a decent go in that format. hes had to sell to buy, cut the wage bill by half, he deserves this transfer window. We`ll have also played 6 league games by then. If were looking desperate, then we know hes no good.

If were going to get rid of craig, then we absolutely must get rid NOW, so the new manager can deal, BUT THAT BY NO MEANS, MEANS WE`LL STAY UP OR IMPROVE, thus we`ll have gone back in time just to do it all again :(

Hullcox, elvis was a bonus signing, on top of the hume deal, in accordance with the 2mill from wigan.

Firstly, it's Mr Hullcox to you.

Secondly, a bonus to me is something that comes over and above what is expected. I think the word you were probably looking for was "bonehead"

He deserves the chance to change things. For me, hes not had a decent go in that format. hes had to sell to buy, cut the wage bill by half, he deserves this transfer window. We`ll have also played 6 league games by then. If were looking desperate, then we know hes no good.

If were going to get rid of craig, then we absolutely must get rid NOW, so the new manager can deal, BUT THAT BY NO MEANS, MEANS WE`LL STAY UP OR IMPROVE, thus we`ll have gone back in time just to do it all again :(

Absolutely classic Lush.

Paragraph 1 - Give him a chance, if he's not done it by the end of Jan he'll have to go.

Paragraph 2 - If he's going, he's got to go now.

You're even arguing with yourself now.

Absolutely classic Lush.

Paragraph 1 - Give him a chance, if he's not done it by the end of Jan he'll have to go.

Paragraph 2 - If he's going, he's got to go now.

You're even arguing with yourself now.

Classic! :P:Dlol

Firstly, it's Mr Hullcox to you.

Secondly, a bonus to me is something that comes over and above what is expected. I think the word you were probably looking for was "bonehead"

hullcox, elvis was unexpected, we replaced connolly with hume.

"Paragraph 1 - Give him a chance, if he's not done it by the end of Jan he'll have to go.

Paragraph 2 - If he's going, he's got to go now."

How daft are you? Paragraph 2 is for those negatives who want succsses yesterday :whistle:

I cant believe the trolls of madness still roam these boards

Archived