Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cal

Relegation?

Hello, in your opinion do you think we will get relegated this season?

I think we will find form and climb the table towards the end of the season. Views?

If Craig Levein stays I think it's a high possibility. If not, I'm not sure.. I'd like to see who we bring in to try and change things around..

I think we will find form and climb the table towards the end of the season. Views?

If we use last season as a yardstick we need 30 points from 21 games presently we are averaging a point a game.

Does that answer your question! :thumbup:

If we use last season as a yardstick we need 30 points from 21 games presently we are averaging a point a game.

Does that answer your question! :thumbup:

i see what your saying but if every team in the league continued in the way they have started the first half of the season then we would finish exactly where we are now. You are probably right except for your suggestion to become true wouldnt two of the four teams beneath us have to pick up their form and get more points than us in the second half of the season and thats if one of the teams above doesnt suffer a slump in form and get over taken.

that probably makes no sense.

Yes sadly I believe we could get relegated but fully believe if Levein is sacked urgently and we get a new boss in asap he can dabble a bit in the Transfer window and we will stay up and move on next season. If Levein stays he'll buy garbage in the window and we will be on a spriral down. The problem is we are in a dogfight now and although "supposedly" we have better players than certain teams below it's unlikely that their front lines are as impotent as us.

We're in the shit, make no mistake of that. And before anyone mentions Crystal Palace's amazing turnaround a few seasons back, they had actually replaced their manager at the time with Iain Dowie. Levein is certainly not likely to inspire that sort of effect.

I don't think there's much chance of Levein being sacked, due to the financial implications. However, if 5 games down the line we continue in the same vein of form, then something will have to be done. We can't afford relegation, it's as simple as that.

Although I appreciate what Levein is attempting to do in terms of rebuilding the squad, now is the time to try and grind out some results. We have never fielded a consistent line up because Levein doesn't know his best XI - and we're 25 games in to a season, with a pre-season before that. We may have played well in patches recently, but that is not enough. If we settle for that, then we'll become another Forest.

Don't get me wrong, I want Levein to turn things around, but I just can't see it. We almost got relegated last season, and the same pattern is emerging this season. If we do start to go on a run of results and rise up the table under Levein, then I'd be delighted to be proved wrong.

We're in the shit, make no mistake of that. And before anyone mentions Crystal Palace's amazing turnaround a few seasons back, they had actually replaced their manager at the time with Iain Dowie. Levein is certainly not likely to inspire that sort of effect.

I don't think there's much chance of Levein being sacked, due to the financial implications. However, if 5 games down the line we continue in the same vein of form, then something will have to be done. We can't afford relegation, it's as simple as that.

Although I appreciate what Levein is attempting to do in terms of rebuilding the squad, now is the time to try and grind out some results. We have never fielded a consistent line up because Levein doesn't know his best XI - and we're 25 games in to a season, with a pre-season before that. We may have played well in patches recently, but that is not enough. If we settle for that, then we'll become another Forest.

Don't get me wrong, I want Levein to turn things around, but I just can't see it. We almost got relegated last season, and the same pattern is emerging this season. If we do start to go on a run of results and rise up the table under Levein, then I'd be delighted to be proved wrong.

Well said.

A run of draws will see us relegated!

you're right i know but does anyone else find it odd that if you drew every game you'd still go down although youve been equal to everynoe you have played wonder what would happen if you drew all your games with the old 2 points for a win thing... bit random i know but still.

you're right i know but does anyone else find it odd that if you drew every game you'd still go down although youve been equal to everynoe you have played wonder what would happen if you drew all your games with the old 2 points for a win thing... bit random i know but still.

hmm posting that got me thinking and I got the 04/05 season premier league table and put it in excel and after a bit of hardwork made it show what the league would have been like if we were still using the old 2 points for a win 1 point for a draw 0 points for a loss system and here is what i got.

Premier league 04/05

3 point table

1 Chelsea

2 Arsenal

3 Man Utd

4 Everton

5 Liverpool

6 Bolton

7 Middlesbrough

8 Man City

9 Tottenham

10 Aston Villa

11 Charlton

12 Birmingham

13 Fulham

14 Newcastle

15 Blackburn

16 Portsmouth

17 West Brom

18 Crystal Palace

19 Norwich

20 Southampton

2 point table

1 Chelsea

2 Arsenal

3 Man Utd

4 Everton

5 Bolton

6 Liverpool

7 Middlesbrough

8 Man City

9 Tottenham

10 Aston Villa

11 Birmingham

12 Newcastle

13 Charlton

14 Blackburn

15 Fulham

16 Portsmouth

17 West Brom

18 Crystal Palace

19 Southampton

20 Norwich

and side by side

3 point table 2 point table

1 Chelsea 1 Chelsea

2 Arsenal 2 Arsenal

3 Man Utd 3 Man Utd

4 Everton 4 Everton

5 Liverpool 5 Bolton

6 Bolton 6 Liverpool

7 Middlesbrough 7 Middlesbrough

8 Man City 8 Man City

9 Tottenham 9 Tottenham

10 Aston Villa 10 Aston Villa

11 Charlton 11 Birmingham

12 Birmingham 12 Newcastle

13 Fulham 13 Charlton

14 Newcastle 14 Blackburn

15 Blackburn 15 Fulham

16 Portsmouth 16 Portsmouth

17 West Brom 17 West Brom

18 Crystal Palace 18 Crystal Palace

19 Norwich 19 Southampton

20 Southampton 20 Norwich

i have the league table in full however its too big to paste onto this message it doesnt look right.

no-one is too good for relegation.. if levein stays which i hope he doesnt as i think hes shit and its embarrasing being called mcleicester then i think we have to look at a serious relegation battle. if levein goes the club will be churned up and im not sure how all would react from players to fans so im unsure .but ultimately i would like to see levein leave the club :cry:

Oh no!!!!!!!!!! You mentioned the R word... and it's not even the New Year yet!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Oh no!!!!!!!!!! You mentioned the R word... and it's not even the New Year yet!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

It pains me to say it but, yes relegation it’s a possibility.

I have said in other posts, on a whole the team isn’t totally sh*t it’s just the few players that are that’s hindering us as well as C L’s poor tactics and team selections ( I won’t elaborate on this as I said my piece on other posts). But I honestly believe that if these could be sorted we would be on the move and in the right direction, but until the board wakes up and he is sacked or he resigns (which won’t happen soon enough for me) we are in trouble

i see what your saying but if every team in the league continued in the way they have started the first half of the season then we would finish exactly where we are now. You are probably right except for your suggestion to become true wouldnt two of the four teams beneath us have to pick up their form and get more points than us in the second half of the season and thats if one of the teams above doesnt suffer a slump in form and get over taken.

that probably makes no sense.

It does but the problem is their form has overtaken ours, if you use the last 6 games as a guide we will be relegated.

Archived