Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cal

Relegation?

Sorry to bring this back up but it really is a big possibilitie now.

I thought we was actually going to win the Norwich game but now with us losing and some of the teams below us winning it has become a bigger problem and more possible.

I still have a gut feeling that we will be alright but it has hit me now tha it will be a very hard second part of the season.

So what does everyone think of relegation now?

HmmI checked last 8 league table on football365 site and luckily their are 3 teams worse then us on form and I was wrong, so on that basis we would stay up although there is still a win in the last 8.

This will change now with alot of low placed teams winning, I will post the bottom of it after its updated.

two points of the relegation zone and we dont look like we know how to get a win.

we cant keep a cleansheet either.

today against norwich they slowly took command of the game in the second half and they looked more professional than city.

towards the end we looked absolutely clueless.

Four of the next five league games are away from home.

Given that our record on the road is now the worst in the league, the signs do not look good.

The Spurs game will show the watching nation just how deeply the rot has set in. If they give us a hiding, as seems probable, then maybe, just maybe, the board will be compelled to act.

I cannot understand who anyone who has watched the last three home games can seriously argue for the Caledonian calamity to stay. Poor team selection and cronyism has led to a complete lack of spirit and motivation throughout the team. His record of failure can no longer be tolerated.

Get rid. And the sooner, the better!

personally unless we change the manager now i think we are down.

im feeling pretty down in regards to lcfc at the moment and i cant see us avoiding the drop under Craig. :(

we have played six games in december and managed two points at home against teams below us.

we have won just five in twenty six.

we play palace away next who also seem to be getting their act together.

personally unless we change the manager now i think we are down.

im feeling pretty down in regards to lcfc at the moment and i cant see us avoiding the drop under Craig. :(

we have played six games in december and managed two points at home against teams below us.

we have won just five in twenty six.

we play palace away next who also seem to be getting their act together.

Excuse my posting on your board, but I think you need to get some encouragement from your goal difference - I always feel that this is in some way an indicator of a team's real strengths, and with -6 you compare very favourably to the four below you (-15, -14, -19 & -22) and your potential position is at least mid table. Good luck, but hope you don't improve this on Monday at our expense! (though both Millwall and Brighton have taken points off us at Selhurst)

Hello, in your opinion do you think we will get relegated this season?

I think we will find form and climb the table towards the end of the season. Views?

Are you for real?. I've enquired about tickets. If anyone starts playing worse than we've done lately there'll be a steward's enquiry.

Excuse my posting on your board, but I think you need to get some encouragement from your goal difference - I always feel that this is in some way an indicator of a team's real strengths, and with -6 you compare very favourably to the four below you (-15, -14, -19 & -22) and your potential position is at least mid table. Good luck, but hope you don't improve this on Monday at our expense! (though both Millwall and Brighton have taken points off us at Selhurst)

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the positive comments.

The goal difference may show that we have strengths in certain respects but it also highlights our major weakness... we don't have a goalscorer. If we did, we wouldn't be in the mess we're in now.

I'd say good luck to you for tomorrow, but, I really, really, wouldn't mean it. :P

i think the only reason we will not relegated is because there are 3 teams worser than us :(

but only just 3.. id settle for 4th bottom of the league from now on in would y'all? :ermm:

Unfortenatly those 3 teams are not all below us, as promised the bottom of the league table for last 8 games played.

17 Millwall (23) 8 2 3 3 5 7 -2 0.62 0.87 1.12 9 wDdLldLW

18 Brighton & Hove Albion (21) 8 2 3 3 7 13 -6 0.87 1.62 1.12 9 LlWWldDd

19 Watford (4) 8 1 5 2 10 11 -1 1.25 1.37 1.00 8 LdWlDDdd

20 Ipswich Town (14) 8 2 2 4 6 12 -6 0.75 1.50 1.00 8 WlLwDDlL

21 Leicester City (20) 8 1 3 4 11 14 -3 1.37 1.75 0.75 6 LlDDllWD

22 Southampton (15) 8 1 3 4 5 11 -6 0.62 1.37 0.75 6 lLllWDdd

23 Sheffield Wednesday (22) 8 1 2 5 2 8 -6 0.25 1.00 0.62 5 wLdLllLD

24 Crewe Alexandra (24) 8 0 3 5 9 19 -10 1.12 2.37 0.37 3 LdDdLLll

Actual league position in brackets, after 2 more games if we dont win the sheff utd victory will be of the last 8 and we will have no W.

Alright, only 19 more games to go in this year's Championship season.

As well all know, Gillingham had 50 points last season, but still suffered relegation.

With the 26 points that we have right now, that means at least 24 more from the remaining games.

In other words, 1.2 points each game, or

- at least 8 wins

- at least 24 draws

- no more than 10 losses, provided that we win all the others

Otherwise, League One is calling fast.

We're in the shit, make no mistake of that. And before anyone mentions Crystal Palace's amazing turnaround a few seasons back, they had actually replaced their manager at the time with Iain Dowie. Levein is certainly not likely to inspire that sort of effect.

I don't think there's much chance of Levein being sacked, due to the financial implications. However, if 5 games down the line we continue in the same vein of form, then something will have to be done. We can't afford relegation, it's as simple as that.

Although I appreciate what Levein is attempting to do in terms of rebuilding the squad, now is the time to try and grind out some results. We have never fielded a consistent line up because Levein doesn't know his best XI - and we're 25 games in to a season, with a pre-season before that. We may have played well in patches recently, but that is not enough. If we settle for that, then we'll become another Forest.

Don't get me wrong, I want Levein to turn things around, but I just can't see it. We almost got relegated last season, and the same pattern is emerging this season. If we do start to go on a run of results and rise up the table under Levein, then I'd be delighted to be proved wrong.

well said scowy. can someone please send this to Tim Davies - sums it up very well and if this doesnt make them act swiftly i dont know what will ....

I've always stood up for Levein and tried to give him as much time as possible. But from the very start I said if we were in the bottom three at Christmas then you have to look at his position. Well we are all but in the bottom three now, the board has some major decisions to make on Tuesday at their board meeting. I don't envy having to make this decision as no matter what they do it can go either way.

Whatever happens and whatever they decide i'll support it. They know a lot more facts and figures than we do. If we knew every detail about the club i'm sure some of us would have different opinions.

Lets just pray the right decisions are made... i'm rather concerned though that the last few times these decisions needed making they didn't turn out very well.

No body has completely whooped us (as yet) we've been losing by the odd goal and drawing too many games, all these things lead to a massive loss of confidence in the players and a massive step towards relegation if things dont improve. Im deeply worried about this, I cant see where our next win is coming from and I cant see who can realistically replace CL. We are in the shit - its official :(

the last 8 form table now looks like this at the bottom.

17 Plymouth Argyle (19) 8 2 3 3 7 10 -3 0.87 1.25 1.12 9 LdwWdlLd

18 Derby County (18) 8 1 5 2 7 8 -1 0.87 1.00 1.00 8 lDlDdDWd

19 Southampton (14) 8 2 2 4 6 11 -5 0.75 1.37 1.00 8 WlLllWDd

20 Brighton & Hove Albion (22) 8 2 2 4 7 14 -7 0.87 1.75 1.00 8 lLlWWldD

21 Luton Town (9) 8 2 1 5 9 11 -2 1.12 1.37 0.87 7 LlWdLllW

22 Sheffield Wednesday (20) 8 2 1 5 5 8 -3 0.62 1.00 0.87 7 WwLdLllL

23 Leicester City (21) 8 1 2 5 9 14 -5 1.12 1.75 0.62 5 lLlDDllW

24 Crewe Alexandra (24) 8 0 3 5 8 18 -10 1.00 2.25 0.37 3 lLdDdLLl

if we dont win the next game regardless of crewe's result we will be bottom.

Archived